Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Well, seems like Drouin made it through the weekend, and McKenzie seems to think his value will be it's highest here over the next few days. Maybe he gets dealt here soon.

Also, seems like he was playing center.

Are you saying "here" as in "Colorado" or "here" is in a reference of length of time?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I mean if TB were to trade Drouin to the Avs, it'd make sense for them to do it after we play them on Tuesday. Doesn't mean it will happen, but that's what would make sense timing wise.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
After all the OMGing after his first game there wasn't much chatter about Drouin's subsequent ones.

didn't watch the last one but watched the second. bears really wanted to take away the time and space and somewhat succeeded. overall, i think he was better in that game than the first one were he scored 2 goals. he played well until the end unlike in the 1st game where he looked pretty tired in the 3rd.

edit. based on what i've read he was pretty invisible in the 3rd game.

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
Why was there a talk of Hamonic trade? I checked Fanager and he is under contract till 2020... i was under impression he is kinda good. Why would NYI want to trade him then? Is he somehow unhappy? Or is just fans dreaming and there is no real substance to the possibility of him being traded?

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Why was there a talk of Hamonic trade? I checked Fanager and he is under contract till 2020... i was under impression he is kinda good. Why would NYI want to trade him then? Is he somehow unhappy? Or is just fans dreaming and there is no real substance to the possibility of him being traded?

He asked to be traded to Winnipeg, or as close to home as possible, due to family reasons.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Barrie for Drouin doesn't make sense - for neither Colorado nor Tampa Bay based on Yzerman's comments - but the Avs need help up front. Both Tanguay and Iginla are playing on borrowed time.

Colorado is "rumored" to be one of the many teams interested (I think Roy confirmed it). If your next question is who Colorado could possibly offer, you'll have to refer to the last 30 or so pages of the trade threads. :popcorn:

Absolutely. Avs need help offensively, but If you think about it, do we really? Let's ASSUME next season Rantanen will be in NHL and Radulov could join us in the off-season.. I mean If we get rid of dead weight, that could be done. In that case we would be at least as good shape as we are right now with Tanguay and Iginla.

So I dont see huge need for Drouin, but it's fact this team really lacks good wingers. So it's certainly need.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Absolutely. Avs need help offensively, but If you think about it, do we really? Let's ASSUME next season Rantanen will be in NHL and Radulov could join us in the off-season.. I mean If we get rid of dead weight, that could be done. In that case we would be at least as good shape as we are right now with Tanguay and Iginla.

So I dont see huge need for Drouin, but it's fact this team really lacks good wingers. So it's certainly need.

That scenario would be better, assuming Radulov comes back to the NHL at a price the Avalanche can afford.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

I don't feel like we need another 70 point 30 goal forward, but I do think we need another 20-25 goal power forward to play in place of Tanguay on the left side.

I don't like hoping on hope that Mikko will step into the lineup seamlessly after a training camp. I hope he gets at least 20 games with us this year.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I dont know I think i feel better if we just kept our pick and drafted a fwd than most likely have to trade it ..in addition to one of the three choice pieces we have just for Drouin.

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
We need another right handed shot, I know it happened a while ago, but I was impressed by Friberg when the rampage played the gulls, good get for Montreal.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Friedman just guesses when it comes to the Avs. In fact I don't trust anybody who discusses things the Avs are working on anymore

Friedman guesses at a lot of things lately and it bothers me as well. It's his employer though so it's hard to be mad at him.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
It's possible someone from another team told Friedman. But lets be honest, anything that happens with the Avs happens out of the blue. The mailman will be the one breaking news on an Avs trade before an insider does.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Friedman said they're at 50 contracts, and no one wants to be there. Considering Roy said they're looking for flexibility, I would say it's a pretty educated guess.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
If there's a trade, it will be Gormley and one of our AHL forwards for another AHL forward. Just my hunch. There's a reason they had Gorms clear waivers, it was so that the team acquiring him could immediately place him in the AHL. The Bodnarchuck claim just added more fuel to the probability of a forward being the return.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I can't quite figure it myself. The NHL team doesn't need forwards, Wagner is still sadly on the bench. Unless a NHL forward is on the way out but I doubt it. Maybe it's Siemens, they can put Gorms straight in the AHL when it happens, or you are right that the new team knows they can put Gorms in the minors. Don't think Roy would fool around his lineup just to get an AHL forward. I think maybe they are trying to get a better depth defenseman, I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad