Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I was originally pro Drouin trade, but the way the Avs have been playing lately I hope they don't tamper too much with the team. The only exception would be if the front office is well aware that Barrie's contract demands are unreasonable.

I'd like to see the Avs get a 45-55pt winger, shed a few contracts, and swap prospects like Hishon, Siemens, and maybe Bleackley so they get a chance elsewhere. I'd also be ok with the Avs doing nothing at the deadline too.

Yeah as much as I want Drouin it does not seam realistic (which makes me sad), Rychel though is exactly the type of player they should like and being going for.

It's hard to see a trade for a legit roster player though, you'd have to try and pry someone like Simmonds out, and it couldn't be a short term move if any salary is added.

They have to be very careful about their next moves IMO.

I'd love to see them lock up MacKinnon and Barrie's contracts over the All-Star break to give them a real idea of what they can do moving forward. That would help immensely IMO.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
It's so frustrating that they need to be so careful and cap conscious... Yet this team isn't even good!

Can't wait till Tanguay Stuart and Iginla are off the books...

Who else clears out over the next couple years?

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
So it's all oppression and he doesn't have things to work on? I do believe they've yanked him around more than necessary but it's a flat out assumption that he's going to just be put with top players, that Roy would straight put him with MacKinnon. It's the whole "he's going to play with Stamkos!" all over again. I don't think Drouin is an AHLer but I don't think he's a top line player yet either. There's nothing wrong with that.

Every player has something to work on. Doesn't mean that he needs to face lower level competition to do so. That's the whole reason for his issues in the first place. He stayed in the q too long and toyed with much lesser players rather than being challenged by the best in a faster paced game where turnovers and mistakes can cost tears wins. He should have been handled a little more like Grigs in a sense. Given ice time when he's on and sheltered until he learns the nuances of the NHL game.

Agree with the last line. I think he's close to that level of capability offensively especially if he was given minutes with offensive players but he needs to learn that the details matter. He may very well be put with top players right away, but my main point is he needs to be worked with rather and challenged while being allowed to make a few mistakes( you dont want to kill the creativity in a player lIke Druin.. Mentored rather than simply told he's not ready.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
It's so frustrating that they need to be so careful and cap conscious... Yet this team isn't even good!

Can't wait till Tanguay Stuart and Iginla are off the books...

Who else clears out over the next couple years?

Tanguay, Guenin, Redmond, Winchester, Bodnarchuk

And Skille... All come off the books at the end of this year. Also 800K for Talbot comes off as well for a total of 7.5M (Not including Skille's contract)

Iginla, Stuart and Mitchell all come off after next year.

Only one I can see sticking there is Mitchell, so that's 8.93M (not including Mitchell's contract)

So they obviously have some room outside of Barrie/MacK, but they have to be careful how they use it.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Near 30 contracts are ending this year, almost the entire AHL team. So that's a lot of flexibility but you also have to sign damn near 30 guys to contracts too.

I'm sure the team that trades for Drouin will put him in the lineup and a position to succeed but it doesn't mean he's going to be given a spot on a team's top line. I don't think that would happen here.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Tanguay, Guenin, Redmond, Winchester, Bodnarchuk

And Skille... All come off the books at the end of this year. Also 800K for Talbot comes off as well for a total of 7.5M (Not including Skille's contract)

Iginla, Stuart and Mitchell all come off after next year.

Only one I can see sticking there is Mitchell, so that's 8.93M (not including Mitchell's contract)

So they obviously have some room outside of Barrie/MacK, but they have to be careful how they use it.

Skille is actually worth his contract. All the other guys are making minimal dollars and would need to be replaced by guys making similar amounts.

The year after I hope they re sign Mitchell. Even with a slight raise. He's worth keeping for the ability he provides as a fourth liner (and sadly sometimes a second liner). Tangs salary will be taken up by MacK and Barrie. So it's really not until the year after there is room for a big improvement.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Tanguay's $3.5m this summer is nice, but it's the ~$9m ($8.93m) of Iggy/Stuart coming off in the summer of 2017 that will be desperately needed and welcomed. A bridge for MacK would be fantastic and perfect for our situation, but doubtful IMO.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Tanguay's $3.5m this summer is nice, but it's the ~$9m ($8.93m) of Iggy/Stuart coming off in the summer of 2017 that will be desperately needed and welcomed. A bridge for MacK would be fantastic and perfect for our situation, but doubtful IMO.

It really depends on Stuart IMO, if they can either find a way to trade that contract, or know they can shut him down permanantly next year.

Then there is just enough to add a legit 6M type addition up front.

The ****** part is there are guys available this off-season in free-agency, but if you look at 2017 it's lol bad for forwards.

Everything is available a year early, and we're a year late.

They might come up with something creative, but they also might be forced to rely on a trade for another prospect to come in along with Mikko.

It's so difficult to predict what they're going to do IMO.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
In a way I think it would be healthy if Stuart, Iginla and Tanguay cause them some headache since it would hopefully force some future cap discipline.

Of course if some dumb team wants to provide us with a get out of jail for free card, I'm not going to complain.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Tangs and Iggy money dont bother me so much. My two Dads were legit top 6ers last year and while they are seriously declining they have been better of late imo. I think Roy is figuring out when and how to use Iggy and Tangs looks like he regained a step.
Its the fact they gave Stu a extension before it was absolutley necessary.
I mean were they that afraid they werent going to find competent defensemen either within the org. or in FA in the offseason?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Tangs and Iggy money dont bother me so much. My two Dads were legit top 6ers last year and while they are seriously declining they have been better of late imo. I think Roy is figuring out when and how to use Iggy and Tangs looks like he regained a step.
Its the fact they gave Stu a extension before it was absolutley necessary.
I mean were they that afraid they werent going to find competent defensemen either within the org. or in FA in the offseason?

You really feel like Tanguay has regained a step?

Stuart's contract is definitely a slap in the face wake up call lol.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
He looked it to me the last couple of games. he doesnt look nearly as bad as he did to start the year.

Personally I felt like Tanguay was an absolute black hole on that line, the puck died on his stick quite a bit, he caused off sides plays repeatedly. Was not able to get to pucks to create 50/50 battles on lots of occasions as well.

He also causes two fast players to stay behind him in the play, because he can't get back, and hes always high in the defensive zone ready to fly the zone.

I can't remotely say Tanguay has contributed positively to that line, except getting lucky and drawing a couple of penalties.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Tanguay was good last year, his contract ends just at the right time. Can't predict he'd fall off the cliff. What they can't do is bring in older FAs anymore. If they can bring in a guy like Soda then that's fine but no more 35+.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Ok well im not about to turn this into a Tangs defense argument, but as of this moment id rather him there than Martinsen. In any event Rants should replace him next year.

cooler

Aug 11, 2014
I was originally pro Drouin trade, but the way the Avs have been playing lately I hope they don't tamper too much with the team. The only exception would be if the front office is well aware that Barrie's contract demands are unreasonable.

I'd like to see the Avs get a 45-55pt winger, shed a few contracts, and swap prospects like Hishon, Siemens, and maybe Bleackley so they get a chance elsewhere. I'd also be ok with the Avs doing nothing at the deadline too.

I'd like Roykic to make a deal around Barrie for RNH and then somehow get Hamonic...

Parks

Dec 19, 2015
Colorado
I'd like Roykic to make a deal around Barrie for RNH and then somehow get Hamonic...

Moving Barrie for RNH would be a horrible idea IMO. Nearly every team in the league is looking for help on the blue line, including the Avs. If it looks like Barrie will be demanding more money than they want to spend then I could see him possibly being moved.

I'd love to see the team make a move but I'm starting to doubt we do anything significant. Drouin is getting a lot of interest and I don't think our offer would be the best that Tampa gets. Iginla could be a possibility to a contender looking for a forward but he isn't going to waive his no trade clause. Best case they trade him after the season is over, maybe send him back to Calgary.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Well, seems like Drouin made it through the weekend, and McKenzie seems to think his value will be it's highest here over the next few days. Maybe he gets dealt here soon.

Also, seems like he was playing center.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
What's with the Drouin talk? I don't see how we need him. He wouldn't be helping the team now. Going from Barrie to Drouin would make us a lot worse. Not to mention selling Barrie for Drouin would be foolish at this point. Barrie looks like he is really coming together.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think there's a chance Barrie could be moved, but I'd be pretty shocked to see it happen during the season. They'll likely approach his negotiation and subsequent trade, the same way they did ROR. Give it a go after the season so they exhaust every opportunity. If Newport is shooting for the stars and won't budge, he'll be moved around the draft.

I'd guess Hamonic and Drouin would be their two biggest targets if they're still available. Maybe even both with their 1st and Bleackley in play as well.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
What's with the Drouin talk? I don't see how we need him. He wouldn't be helping the team now. Going from Barrie to Drouin would make us a lot worse. Not to mention selling Barrie for Drouin would be foolish at this point. Barrie looks like he is really coming together.

Barrie for Drouin doesn't make sense - for neither Colorado nor Tampa Bay based on Yzerman's comments - but the Avs need help up front. Both Tanguay and Iginla are playing on borrowed time.

Colorado is "rumored" to be one of the many teams interested (I think Roy confirmed it). If your next question is who Colorado could possibly offer, you'll have to refer to the last 30 or so pages of the trade threads. :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad