Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Right, it would likely take one of Rantanen, Zadarov, or Bigras, and that would be a very tough pill to swallow. And I can't see him going for the 2nd tier guys like Beakley or Geertsen.

Perhaps Barrie if we are moving on, but I don't think we are anywhere far enough down that road yet. A realistic extension is still within reach.

Len Barrie is one of the most hated persons in all of Florida sports and he alone tried to drive that franchise to the ground, I doubt they and their fans would be thrilled to trade for his son.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Ya I wouldn't trade Rantanen. I would however consider Zadorov or Bigras.

I feel like Tampa could have interest in a 1st though, if they lose both Stammer and Drouin they may be forced into a quick retool because of this, getting another 2016 1st along with there own for next years draft could help them speed up that retool. And if they move Stammer at the deadline they'd almost certainly get a 1st from him as well.

Drouin and Mackinnon have already shown to work great together, Roy knows how Drouin plays and although he's on the smaller side he's still extremely talented, even more so then Gaudreau.

Landeskog - Soderberg - Duchene
Drouin - Mackinnon - Rantanen

That would solve our Top 6 issues right away.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Zadorov or Bigras would be insanity too, do we ever want a decent defense?

I know you have to give to get. I'm not going to be one of those people to suggest Holden+1st does it but I don't think we are in any position to give as nice as it would be.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Len Barrie is one of the most hated persons in all of Florida sports and he alone tried to drive that franchise to the ground, I doubt they and their fans would be thrilled to trade for his son.

Well, they might be okay with bringing his son in if they're getting him in a steal of a deal like that. Avs would be insane to trade Barrie for Drouin.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I would not trade Zadorov or Rantanen. I would trade Barrie or Bigras. Siemens too, of course.

Barrie is going to ask too much money anyway.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Well, they might be okay with bringing his son in if they're getting him in a steal of a deal like that. Avs would be insane to trade Barrie for Drouin.

That as well, Tampa will get what the Yotes get for Turris, a couple of magic beans, promising magic beans, but magic beans nonetheless.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Tampa Bat scouts were at the game last night. Everyone freak out!

Lol in reality I like Drouin but I don't think the Avs are willing to give up what it would take to get him.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Avs would never be able to afford Drouin in the long run anyways. One of Landeskog, Duchene, Rantanen, Johnson, Barrie or Varly would have to go. Avs already have their core, it's getting good secondary players that's the issue now.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
People would trade Bigras in a deal for Drouin?? Goodness, no. Maintain the course and build up our prospects so one day we might have a passable NHL defense, from top to bottom. Bigras is our best shot at having a stable left handed top 4 defensman. Have we all not been begging for that...for years? My response would be the same for Zadorov and Rantanen. We need these prospects if this club will be anything in the future.

If Barrie has major contract issues, perhaps, but right now is too soon to consider moving him I think. Unless the Avs already know what Barrie wants and don't want to pay it, I hope we steer clear of Drouin, assuming that Tampa will demand a top return.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Ya I wouldn't trade Rantanen. I would however consider Zadorov or Bigras.

I feel like Tampa could have interest in a 1st though, if they lose both Stammer and Drouin they may be forced into a quick retool because of this, getting another 2016 1st along with there own for next years draft could help them speed up that retool. And if they move Stammer at the deadline they'd almost certainly get a 1st from him as well.

Drouin and Mackinnon have already shown to work great together, Roy knows how Drouin plays and although he's on the smaller side he's still extremely talented, even more so then Gaudreau.

Landeskog - Soderberg - Duchene
Drouin - Mackinnon - Rantanen

That would solve our Top 6 issues right away.

I'd definitely be down to look at getting Drouin, would be a good fit for our top 6. My biggest worry would be not having the assets to get him. If we could get him for something like Siemens + Hishon + our 1st but I don't know if that would be enough for TB

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Some people were even speculating Drouin would go number 1 overall to Colorado.

I think no matter what happens, Tampa will be on the losing end of any trade long term.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
People would trade Bigras in a deal for Drouin?? Goodness, no. Maintain the course and build up our prospects so one day we might have a passable NHL defense, from top to bottom. Bigras is our best shot at having a stable left handed top 4 defensman. Have we all not been begging for that...for years? My response would be the same for Zadorov and Rantanen. We need these prospects if this club will be anything in the future.

If Barrie has major contract issues, perhaps, but right now is too soon to consider moving him I think. Unless the Avs already know what Barrie wants and don't want to pay it, I hope we steer clear of Drouin, assuming that Tampa will demand a top return.

I don't think folks realize how good Bigras really is

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I would be fine with moving bigras or the 2016 first as long as its not the Matthews pick.

Drouin is a great player in a poor situation.

That's exactly how I feel.

Although, I'm torn between Zadorov and Bigras myself. I'm still extremely high on Bigras and think he's the safer pick of the two to be an impact Top 4 guy for us. Although Zadorov is the one who could end up being elite.

I think I'd rather move Zadorov in a deal for Drouin rather then Bigras, just because Drouin is sort of a boom or bust player as well right now(Safer to boom though I would think). I'd rather keep the safer bet in Bigras rather then end up having 2 boom/bust guys in Zadorov and Drouin. If both end up as studs that's great for us, but if they both bust we end up on the ****** end of the stick.

I think people are overrating Drouins value a bit here. Its certainly not going to take players like Mackinnon/Duchene/EJ/Varly. I dont even think Barrie would be fair value for him. They are already established top players in the league. Drouin is not, he's got the potential sure but so far that's all he's got as he really hasn't shown much of anything in the NHL.

If he gets moved, it will be for prospects/picks it wont be for established players(Unless you're someone like TOR with a JVR type of player).

The Avs could absolutely be in the running for him. We have a 2016 1st, and some prospects that could be moved. If the asking price was Rantanen, then the Avs would have to stay away, but if the asking price is Bigras or Zadorov as the main pieces of a package that includes a couple other lesser pieces, then I think the Avs should be all over it.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I hope Roy/Sakic call Yzerman and don't let him off the phone until a deal is done. If it costs Rantanen+, so be it. Opportunities to get a guy as talented as drouin are extremely rare.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
I don't think Tampa would touch a Bigras for Drouin swap. If you're swapping prospects its going to have to be Zadorov or Rantanen.

I want to keep Rantanen but I would move Zadorov even though it makes no sense in the long run.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
That's exactly how I feel.

Although, I'm torn between Zadorov and Bigras myself. I'm still extremely high on Bigras and think he's the safer pick of the two to be an impact Top 4 guy for us. Although Zadorov is the one who could end up being elite.

I think I'd rather move Zadorov in a deal for Drouin rather then Bigras, just because Drouin is sort of a boom or bust player as well right now(Safer to boom though I would think). I'd rather keep the safer bet in Bigras rather then end up having 2 boom/bust guys in Zadorov and Drouin. If both end up as studs that's great for us, but if they both bust we end up on the ****** end of the stick.

I think people are overrating Drouins value a bit here. Its certainly not going to take players like Mackinnon/Duchene/EJ/Varly. I dont even think Barrie would be fair value for him. They are already established top players in the league. Drouin is not, he's got the potential sure but so far that's all he's got as he really hasn't shown much of anything in the NHL.

If he gets moved, it will be for prospects/picks it wont be for established players(Unless you're someone like TOR with a JVR type of player).

The Avs could absolutely be in the running for him. We have a 2016 1st, and some prospects that could be moved. If the asking price was Rantanen, then the Avs would have to stay away, but if the asking price is Bigras or Zadorov as the main pieces of a package that includes a couple other lesser pieces, then I think the Avs should be all over it.

Personally, now that I think of it, Rantanen, Bigras, and Zadarov should be non-starters. In fact, all three should be on the Avs now, but thats another argument.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Its either the 1st (top 10 prot.) or Bigras and a 2nd if its the Avs. You gotta bite the bullet on this type of deal..if you really want to beat out the Isles or the Sens..who were looking for a top 6 fwd forever and they've got some decent pieces (Prince, Puempel, Chabot)

Really hoping this is a draft day deal like Griffin Reinhardt and we can trade a pick in the teens for him.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014

I would be willing to go with Zadorov. They seem to be in similar situations- tons of potential, but have not really put it all together yet. Honestly, I feel Drouin has a better shot at reaching his potential.

Bigras and Rantanen though, they are too safe of bets to make the top4/6.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
They probably want a top prospect back, not just a first. It's probably not a fit. We absolutely can't give Rantanen.

Probably even Rantanen + Bigras/Meloche/Compher

I'd rather keep our own guys, Drouin is overrated around here.

Besides, unless he can sit on another short guy's shoulders while wearing a trench coat, Roy and Sakic will have no interest.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Its either the 1st (top 10 prot.) or Bigras and a 2nd if its the Avs. You gotta bite the bullet on this type of deal..if you really want to beat out the Isles or the Sens..who were looking for a top 6 fwd forever and they've got some decent pieces (Prince, Puempel, Chabot)

I dont even think you can make the 1st a Top 10 protected 1st. Perhaps a Top 5 or Top 3, but I think teams picking in the 7-12 range this year would gladly be moving those picks for Drouin.

He's got insane potential. Struggled so far, but the talent is undeniably there for him to be a Top 5 or Top 10 player in the league. Teams wont be moving already established star players for him, but they'll be lots of teams offering high draft picks and Top prospects for him.

The only untouchable prospect for us would be Rantanen. Anything else should and I hope would be fair game.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
4 PIM in 33 games as a rookie in the AHL! Thats freaking incredible.

And it's not like he's timid out there. He uses his body when necessary, but his style is definitely one that is very Suter-esque in terms of effectiveness and injury preventing.
He's very, very good at using his stick to intercept passes, angle guys into low-danger zones with his skating and his hockey IQ is higher than any d-man we've ever had not named Bourque.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad