Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
maybe i'm in the minority or the only one but i personally value bigras more than zadorov.

I prefer Bigras to Zadorov as well. We need more talent in the top 6 and our depth on defence is a lot better than our forwards. Plus where we'll likily be picking we'd miss out on the top end forwards but would be able to pick a Juolevi/Sergachyov to replace Zadorov.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Tampa did really want Iginla when he was a free agent! We might have a shot if Yzerman hasn't watched him recently.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
No to trading Rantanen, Zadorov, or Bigras.

His 3rd-Overall status from 3 seasons ago can only hold onto value for so long. Add that to him publicly wanting out of Tampa, we don't have to give up those players.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Being a Tampa season ticket holder... You notice Drouin when hes in the lineup significantly.

Tampa has a lot of good young players, but they play a more north south game and are not really that great at creating plays.

They are lucky they have Filpula to be honest, he creates a lot of plays in the offensive zone for them. Stamkos himself does not create much either. He receives the puck and shoots it, and is good at getting open. Lately Stamkos seems a little hockey dumb if you ask me, and he misses St. Louis badly.

You can see Drouin's IQ when hes on the ice, and hes not bad defensively. He does try a little too hard sometimes, but it's obvious as to why.

That team plays a possession game, but any time they have to be in the offensive zone for something more than a rush they just cycle the puck around. I've seen them play in the offensive zone for a full minute without ever coming close to getting a shot on net, and this happens frequently. 95% of the chances Tampa creates are off the rush.

Tampa needs Drouin style of play badly IMO, from a fans perspective the way Cooper has handled Drouin is dumb as hell. Other players with far less talent have gotten way more leash than him, and the kid is smart enough to see it.

The kid has had some rough games, but hes not even being promoted and demoted within the lineup. Hes being yanked in and out of the lineup, and obviously back and fourth from the farm. Oh and he'll play 7 minutes one period, play well, then play zero minutes in the second, and three minutes in the third. I've literally enjoyed him on the ice the first period, and then practically never seen him play again the rest of the game.

It's difficult for these guys who come into a team that has such high expectations. I think Tampa is like Boston, they have their identity and anyone who comes in that does not fit immediately does not get much of a chance due to them expected to compete.

I just don't want people thinking Drouin is a spoiled brat, because the kid has been easily good enough to play in their top 9, and sometimes their top 6 consistently. Anyone would be frustrated with how hes been handled IMO. Hes been patient enough, and it's not hard to see why he'd feel like hes not going to prove himself to a coach who has made up his mind about him.

Last edited:

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Drouins 5 vs 5 production since entering the league is at 1st line pace, ahead of Ovechkin, Pavelski, Landeskog, Stamkos, Toews, Spezza, Johansen, Kopitar, Couture, Thornton, should I contiune?

Saying he has underachieved is pretty strong.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Roy said on the radio last month that the only way to get top 4 defensemen is to trade for them when they're young and/or develop.

Bigras and Zadorov are not on the table. Not with Beauchemin playing 25 minutes a night at 35 years of age, Holden playing 20+ a night, and Barrie up for a new, expensive contract.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Seeing the proposals in the main forum continue to make me realize just how little we have to bargain with.
I think we have to let this one go.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Being a Tampa season ticket holder... You notice Drouin when hes in the lineup significantly.

Tampa has a lot of good young players, but they play a more north south game and are not really that great at creating plays.

They are lucky they have Filpula to be honest, he creates a lot of plays in the offensive zone for them. Stamkos himself does not create much either. He receives the puck and shoots it, and is good at getting open. Lately Stamkos seems a little hockey dumb if you ask me, and he misses St. Louis badly.

You can see Drouin's IQ when hes on the ice, and hes not bad defensively. He does try a little too hard sometimes, but it's obvious as to why.

That team plays a possession game, but any time they have to be in the offensive zone for something more than a rush they just cycle the puck around. I've seen them play in the offensive zone for a full minute without ever coming close to getting a shot on net, and this happens frequently. 95% of the chances Tampa creates are off the rush.

Tampa needs Drouin style of play badly IMO, from a fans perspective the way Cooper has handled Drouin is dumb as hell. Other players with far less talent have gotten way more leash than him, and the kid is smart enough to see it.

The kid has had some rough games, but hes not even being promoted and demoted within the lineup. Hes being yanked in and out of the lineup, and obviously back and fourth from the farm. Oh and he'll play 7 minutes one period, play well, then play zero minutes in the second, and three minutes in the third. I've literally enjoyed him on the ice the first period, and then practically never seen him play again the rest of the game.

It's difficult for these guys who come into a team that has such high expectations. I think Tampa is like Boston, they have their identity and anyone who comes in that does not fit immediately does not get much of a chance due to them expected to compete.

I just don't want people thinking Drouin is a spoiled brat, because the kid has been easily good enough to play in their top 9, and sometimes their top 6 consistently. Anyone would be frustrated with how hes been handled IMO. Hes been patient enough, and it's not hard to see why he'd feel like hes not going to prove himself to a coach who has made up his mind about him.

i agree with lot of this but

not sure if i'd say he's bad defensively but definitely below average. worse, he always doesn't try that hard. that's my impression. but you obviously have advantage since you get live viewings.

they haven't generated much of the cycle but they did so last season. and that has been an issue. palat and johnson have missed time and haven't gotten it going (were great last night though). i don't think the triplets will destroy the league again like they did last season though. not sure if it's more unwillingness to go to dirty areas or other teams have adjusted to cooper's system after seeing what babcock did last spring. maybe both. and cooper being as stubborn as any coach out there, has plan B of ''try plan A harder''.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Tampa Bat scouts were at the game last night. Everyone freak out!

Lol in reality I like Drouin but I don't think the Avs are willing to give up what it would take to get him.

Interesting, but they do also play the Avs in a little over a week.

If the Avs do manage to trade for Drouin I think a draft day deal involving their 1st+ is the only way it gets done. Iggy at his age would sink Yzerman's career if he was the main piece.

The potential top 6 next year would be incredible though.

Landy - Duchene - Radulov
Drouin - MacK - Rantanen

Last edited:

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I prefer Bigras to Zadorov as well. We need more talent in the top 6 and our depth on defence is a lot better than our forwards. Plus where we'll likily be picking we'd miss out on the top end forwards but would be able to pick a Juolevi/Sergachyov to replace Zadorov.

I don't think I agree exactly.

Our depth of prospects at D currently is deeper, but our need at D over the next 2-3 years is more significant. Assuming Barrie re-signs, he and EJ are the only real locks for the top 4 in 2017. (50%)

Our top 6 has Landy and Dutch locked up with MacK soon to be and Rantanen on the way. (66%)

Finding complementary top 6 forwards has proven to be easier in recent history than finding top 4 Dmen via draft, trade or FA.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Interesting, but they do also play the Avs in a little over a week.

If the Avs do manage to trade for Drouin I think a draft day deal involving their 1st+ is the only way it gets done. Iggy at his age would sink Yzerman's career if he was the main piece.

The potential top 6 next year would be incredible though.

Landy - Duchene - Radulov
Drouin - MacK - Rantanen

Tats my thinking as well. Hope the interested parties can put it off at least until then.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I don't think I agree exactly.

Our depth of prospects at D currently is deeper, but our need at D over the next 2-3 years is more significant. Assuming Barrie re-signs, he and EJ are the only real locks for the top 4 in 2017. (50%)

Our top 6 has Landy and Dutch locked up with MacK soon to be and Rantanen on the way. (66%)

Finding complementary top 6 forwards has proven to be easier in recent history than finding top 4 Dmen via draft, trade or FA.

Exactly, and they just got themselves in a decent position on the backend moving forward. Value wise it may be fine, but I don't think it makes sense in a team building sense to move Zadorov or Bigras, and if Barrie is moved I think it has to be for a legit top 4 D man like Hamonic, not a forward.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'd give up 2016 1st + Bleackley. I think Drouin is going to be very good, he's always impressed me whenever I've watched him play.

Jon Cooper made up his mind about Drouin the second he showed up in Tampa Bay, and there's no turning back now. It doesn't surprise me Drouin asked for a trade. This situation screams Kyle Turris in Arizona a couple years ago with how Tippett handled Turris. But I believe the return for Drouin will be a bit better than the return for Turris, seeing as Rundblad blows lol

BK Avs

Nov 29, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I'll pass on Drouin, though reading about him more today has made him sound more intriguing. IMO, Rantanen, Zadorov, and Bigras have got to be untouchable, as they represent the future are major areas of need. I doubt TBL is interested in a combo of our other prospects, nor do we really have the roster pieces to get the trade done.

The only way I think this might happen is if we know Barrie is on his way out. And even then, TBL is already dealing with the contract demands of Stamkos, so would they want to take on Barrie's as well?

I'm not sold on MacK-Drouin being magical like they were in Junior. That was Junior, against teenagers; players change, competition is much tougher. Drouin isn't big, and that may cause him to struggle at the NHL level. And for whatever reason, he's already found himself in a coach's doghouse. So I think we gotta pass.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I'd give up 2016 1st + Bleackley. I think Drouin is going to be very good, he's always impressed me whenever I've watched him play.

Jon Cooper made up his mind about Drouin the second he showed up in Tampa Bay, and there's no turning back now. It doesn't surprise me Drouin asked for a trade. This situation screams Kyle Turris in Arizona a couple years ago with how Tippett handled Turris. But I believe the return for Drouin will be a bit better than the return for Turris, seeing as Rundblad blows lol

rundblad blows but he was fairly highly regarded at the time.

not sure if i agree that copper made up his mind on drouin. he treated kucherov the same but kucherov showed tremendous improvements and earned his trust. though i don't think he's been given as good chance to succeed as kucherov but lot of that has to due drouin getting injured early this season when he was playing with stamkos.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
i agree with lot of this but

not sure if i'd say he's bad defensively but definitely below average. worse, he always doesn't try that hard. that's my impression. but you obviously have advantage since you get live viewings.

they haven't generated much of the cycle but they did so last season. and that has been an issue. palat and johnson have missed time and haven't gotten it going (were great last night though). i don't think the triplets will destroy the league again like they did last season though. not sure if it's more unwillingness to go to dirty areas or other teams have adjusted to cooper's system after seeing what babcock did last spring. maybe both. and cooper being as stubborn as any coach out there, has plan B of ''try plan A harder''.

LOL I love that last sentence, nice comment.

Agreed, Drouin has learning to do defensively but no more or less than MacK. I wouldn't say I've seen the issues with him not trying, but I've only got to watch him live this year.

I can tell you this, when hes on the ice he creates at speed and it's fun to watch. You still get excited when he has the puck, and he does not disappear often.

Drouin does remind me a lot of watching Kane to be honest. You rarely know what hes going to do next.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
rundblad blows but he was fairly highly regarded at the time.

not sure if i agree that copper made up his mind on drouin. he treated kucherov the same but kucherov showed tremendous improvements and earned his trust. though i don't think he's been given as good chance to succeed as kucherov but lot of that has to due drouin getting injured early this season when he was playing with stamkos.

He wasn't as touted during the trade as he was prior though, but Arizona surely didn't expect him to suck either.

I don't think Drouin has been given as long a leash as Kucherov

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Your love for prospects is absurd. Not all of them develop like you think they will. Yes, let's replace a young D with an even younger D that we have to wait even longer for. Makes sense.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I would absolutely love Drouin. Does Tampa even want futures? Nobody really knows what their plan is with the whole Stamkos contract situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA