Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
With NMCs... it depends on what the NHL rules this summer on expansion and the draft rules. The GMs will have a better idea in late June and I really think the NHL is going to tell the PA to pound sand on this. If GMs are forced to protect NMCs... only the teams with room to protect players are going to offer those deals.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I think every FA this offseason is going to ask for a NMC.

Hopefully the Avs aren't one of the teams who would agree to something like that. They've actually been pretty good with that until it came to the old guys recently.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Hopefully the Avs aren't one of the teams who would agree to something like that. They've actually been pretty good with that until it came to the old guys recently.

We lured Beauchemin and Iginla with an extra year and a NMC. It's not incidental.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I would trade Duchene for Couturier and a very very small plus. Maybe even straight up.

So a 30 goal scorer for a 15 goal scorer? Oh how has Duchene's value dropped on here, i remember when i'd suggest Duchene for OEL people would say no, now he's worth Couturier?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Desperate? I wouldn't put it that way. I mean if you are wooing a guy. I don't mean guys like Matthias are getting one. I bet Boedker does.

Matthias is exactly the kind of guy that we would lose in an expansion draft.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
So a 30 goal scorer for a 15 goal scorer? Oh how has Duchene's value dropped on here, i remember when i'd suggest Duchene for OEL people would say no, now he's worth Couturier?

I'm a bigger Duchene supporter than 90% of people here and my post history will show that. This isn't about Duchene's value, it's about Coots. He's better than ROR defensively and is on the path to probably becoming a 50-60 point shutdown centre.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I'm a bigger Duchene supporter than 90% of people here and my post history will show that. This isn't about Duchene's value, it's about Coots. He's better than ROR defensively and is on the path to probably becoming a 50-60 point shutdown centre.

I don't know, if i was gonna trade Duchene i'd put a package together to get a d-man in return, why would they let Stastny and ROR go, then trade Duchene to get a similar player like ROR and Stastny in return, would make zero sense

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I think every FA this offseason is going to ask for a NMC.

They can ask all they want, but no team is stupid enough to give one out with the pending expansion drafts unless they know that a particular UFA is someone they'd protect anyways.

Teams aren't going to risk losing higher end young talent because they have to protect a guy they signed in UFA because they gave out a NMC. They'll just tell the UFA to pound sand and sign a contract without a NMC or move on.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Couts for Duchene, seriously?

It would've been better to sign ROR at 9 mil and trade Duchene then over Couts for Dutchy.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Wouldn't trade Duchene for Staal and a young d prospect, wouldn't trade Duchene for Zibanejad and a young D prospect, but would trade Duchene for Couturier straight up?

Makes sense? Not to me.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Wouldn't trade Duchene for Staal and a young d prospect, wouldn't trade Duchene for Zibanejad and a young D prospect, but would trade Duchene for Couturier straight up?

Makes sense? Not to me.

Couturier is(Quite easily) better then Staal and Zibanejad.

Makes sense to me.

I wouldn't do it myself, but I get where its coming from.

Couturier is somehow actually underrated here apparently. He's not quite as good as ROR right now, but he's not far off and he's already better Defensively.

You wont find a better Defensive Center in the game. I still question his Offensive ceiling though, which is why I wouldn't trade Duchene for him at all. Still dont know if he's just gonna be a 40-50 point low end #2C or if he still has the ability to become a 55-60 Point Center.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Coots is one of the very best defensive centers in the game (probably top 5) and is now tapping into his offensive potential. He has been used in a pure shutdown role his whole career and has been a ~40 point player. Give him a touch more offensive minutes and better linemates and he will easily be a 50-55 point center... I think he has ~60 point potential in him still. The way he ended the season on the 2nd line in Philly shows what he can do with better opportunities.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Couturier is(Quite easily) better then Staal and Zibanejad.

Makes sense to me.

I wouldn't do it myself, but I get where its coming from.

Couturier is somehow actually underrated here apparently. He's not quite as good as ROR right now, but he's not far off and he's already better Defensively.

You wont find a better Defensive Center in the game. I still question his Offensive ceiling though, which is why I wouldn't trade Duchene for him at all. Still dont know if he's just gonna be a 40-50 point low end #2C or if he still has the ability to become a 55-60 Point Center.

Quite easily?

You can say he is better defensively than Zibanejad, or that given his age and salary, he would be a better option than Staal, but he is not "quite easily" better than those players right now.

I would like to have a center like him on our roster for sure, but if we are trading Duchene for him, we better be getting a decent "plus" on the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad