Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) ‎ ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
$5.5M is too much for Boedker. I'd go $4.5M, tops. I know he'll get more on the open market, though.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
lol you guys are just itching for trades if you're now going to talk about moving Bigras.

Amazing how a rough stretch for the entire team, and Bigras being thrown the the wolves on the top pairing with EJ will make people suddenly question his future.

Unless Winnipeg wants the 10th & Bigras for Trouba, people are just grasping at straws trying to keep the idea that they'll make a big move alive.

Pretty much. If they can't get a NHL player out of Bigras at this point the franchise should fold because they have zero hope at development. People forget how good he was for weeks.

Sakic said Boedker is going to see the market. He says that every year about guys they won't bring back. Didn't he say that about Hejda?

While I believe Sakic is telling the truth that they won't be big players in the July 1 names doesn't mean they are going to do nothing either. Radulov doesn't count in that, signing an entire AHL team, God forbid trades.

There might be a lot of forwards on their board but I bet the top target is a defenseman. If they trade their first outright for an ok roster player I'm going to need to take a long break.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Didn't Boedker say that he is not all about the money? I thought I read that what he wants most is to be a good fit on a team. He loves it in Colorado so it is not a stretch that he could take less to remain here.

Just finished reading Sakic's comments and to me it was really clear that he was going out of his way to mention July 1st which leaves signing Radulov before that date wide open.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Didn't Boedker say that he is not all about the money? I thought I read that what he wants most is to be a good fit on a team. He loves it in Colorado so it is not a stretch that he could take less to remain here.

Just finished reading Sakic's comments and to me it was really clear that he was going out of his way to mention July 1st which leaves signing Radulov before that date wide open.

Yeah but this is also ..likely... his last chance to make as much as possible.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
The free agency market is thin this season, especially on defense. I think Colorado will help themselves via trade, as we've suspected.

I don't think Colorado will trade it's first round pick because doing so will add another asset to try to protect during next year's expansion draft.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I thought this is one of the best free agent crops in many years.

Ladd, Okposo, Backes, Stamkos, Yandle, Lucic, Eriksson, Boedker, Radulov, Staal, and I'm sure I've missed some.

Avalanche2133

May 16, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
All this team needs is a younger version of Beauch to play top line LD. Doesn't even have to be a star LD either big trade type. Someone who won't cost a arm and leg. Beauch was good until about game 60 then got gassed. Get someone similar with younger legs and it might be the only move we really need.

Options
Marc Staal
Jack Johnson
Alex Edler

All could be had for something not entirely drastic I would think.

Staal/EJ
Beauch/Barrie
Zadorov/Bigras
Gelinas
Holden

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
A fix-it trade is worse because we don't have assets to burn for ok upgrades. The idea of that seriously keeps me up some nights. If they HAVE to make a trade I pretty much prefer a big one at this point.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
All this team needs is a younger version of Beauch to play top line LD. Doesn't even have to be a star LD either big trade type. Someone who won't cost a arm and leg. Beauch was good until about game 60 then got gassed. Get someone similar with younger legs and it might be the only move we really need.

You realize thats impossible. Even a poorish D man is going to cost more than we can pay...
one because Dmen of some actual NHL ability are prized like gold
two because its us and GMs know the Avs hunger for skilled D men and will make us pay through the nose.

So the Avs have two options , either pay those prices or wait and see if the kiddies can do the job.

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014

Options
Marc Staal
Jack Johnson
Alex Edler

All could be had for something not entirely drastic I would think.

Staal/EJ
Beauch/Barrie
Zadorov/Bigras
Gelinas
Holden

None of the three you listed are similar.

Edler would cost a ton. He's only 30. Has a decent contract and is a top pairing dman.

Jack Johnson is atrocious defensively and literally nothing like Beauch. He may work in Colorado but I personally don't want to see them try.

Staal is legit trash. I'd kill myself if they traded for him. I'd rather play Beauchemin over Staal anyday.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
It's really hard to understand what the plan is for Sakic and Roy. They're saying they won't be active in free agency and they aren't planning to resign Boedker and Matthias, and I really doubt that they are trading Duchene, I don't even wanna imagine next year's line up but if there are no changes its gonna be pretty ugly.

LobsterMagnet19

Feb 4, 2013
Staal and pick 81 and 2017 2nd for Pick 10, Holden, Mitchell

Why would you trade Nick Holden and a TOP pick in the draft for a defenseman who is now worse than Nick Holden by every metric under the sun and more than 3 times more expensive. Marc Staal is not a viable trade option in the least. He is a contract albatross and a cap dump who has been in serious decline ever since signing his last contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad