Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) ‎ ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Thanks, nice to know we have a GM to ask :)

Ha! My armchair is comfy so it is easy to make some guesses.

Sadly I started following Florida more intently during the early Kulikov to Avs discussions and have kind of adopted them as my Eastern conference team since they are in a similar (although more successful) stage of rebuild/youth movement.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Ha! My armchair is comfy so it is easy to make some guesses.

Sadly I started following Florida more intently during the early Kulikov to Avs discussions and have kind of adopted them as my Eastern conference team since they are in a similar (although more successful) stage of rebuild/youth movement.

Do you see them keeping Crouse on the team next year?

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
McCann isn't very good. Young and lots of potential but in terms of NHL level contributions for the next year or two the Panthers take a step back.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Well, the price on Barrie better be astronomical, because he is ridiculously better than Gudbranson.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
One added bonus for Panthers is that McCann doesn't have to be protected in an expansion draft while Gudbranson has to.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
One added bonus for Panthers is that McCann doesn't have to be protected in an expansion draft while Gudbranson has to.

I'm guessing they either are targeting someone in free agency / a trade, and planning ahead. It's possible they picked Petrovic over Gudbranson. Personally I think Petrovic easily has the ability to reach Gudbranson's level as a second pairing defensman. Matheson is exempt, Kulikov will be a UFA, so they'll protect Ekblad, Petrovic, and ???

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Gudbranson is a good defender when he gets to play a certain amount of minutes; within that #4 range. But man, he's going to get exposed as a Canuck in that defensive core.

Another LOL trade from the Canucks. Seriously? Give up McCann for a pretty average #4 defenseman that doesn't have a good brain on his shoulders? Fine with me.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Gudbranson is a good defender when he gets to play a certain amount of minutes; within that #4 range. But man, he's going to get exposed as a Canuck in that defensive core.

Another LOL trade from the Canucks. Seriously? Give up McCann for a pretty average #4 defenseman that doesn't have a good brain on his shoulders? Fine with me.

With the #33rd overall too...?!?

Its just another example of how expensive defenseman are in this league. like McCann, a 2nd and a 4th for a mid pairing d man? a decent one ill argue but still ..at that price, omg.

Just goes to show you you have to draft and develop your own d guys cause FA and trade routes are going to empty out your $**t

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
With the #33rd overall too...?!?

Its just another example of how expensive defenseman are in this league. like McCann, a 2nd and a 4th for a mid pairing d man? a decent one ill argue but still ..at that price, omg.

Just goes to show you you have to draft and develop your own d guys cause FA and trade routes are going to empty out your $**t

Or it shows you the avs need to start dealing with Canucks before Benning is fired next year.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA

I think in a couple more years Guds will be at least a solid 3 if not a good #2 (Hejda type role). I can't believe he's still only 24.

but that #33 seemed excessive. I like McCann, so perhaps that skews my opinion on the value quite a bit.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006

McCann looks like a poor man's Cody Hodgson. The second rounder may be the best piece Florida gets.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
:laugh: maybe we can get their 1st rounder and Virtanen and Hutton for Barrie.

I would be happy with the #5 and Hutton :laugh:

No need to be getting greedy lol.

But yea, that should be a sign of just how much Barrie is gonna command in trade if he gets moved this summer. He's a significantly better Dman then Gudbranson in almost every category that matters in the game.

A comparable package would be something like a Top 10 1st, a A/B level prospect and another later pick like a 3rd for Barrie.

Beaulieau + #9 + 3rd from Montreal would be pretty interesting I think. Makes some sense for both sides as well.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Damn, I wish that trade happened during the sim. Would have been cray.

Not sure what to make of it, considering I traded for Guds. Personally, I think Vancouver did well. I'm not a huge fan of McCann, and the draft isn't that deep.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Probably repeating other posters, but this is great news if the Avs really are trading Barrie. D value is through the roof right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad