Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) ‎ ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
What matters is neither player should be expected to take any more big jumps in their play level.

I would reword that to say neither player should be expected to take any more big jumps in their development.

Their play level - or production, if you prefer - could certainly still be boosted by A) more good players around them, and B) a better system to work within.

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
I think after next year is when we decide what to do in terms of resetting things. Does Mack step it up? Do Bigras/Zads start to become top 4 material? Is Duchene a 65 point player or can he consistently be closer to that ppg season he had? Can EJ and Landy add more consistent offense instead of going nuts for 5 games at a time then going ghost?

If a lot of that doesn't happen, I think moving some of these guys needs to happen. Because we'll never win a cup unless it does.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I think after next year is when we decide what to do in terms of resetting things. Does Mack step it up? Do Bigras/Zads start to become top 4 material? Is Duchene a 65 point player or can he consistently be closer to that ppg season he had? Can EJ and Landy add more consistent offense instead of going nuts for 5 games at a time then going ghost?

If a lot of that doesn't happen, I think moving some of these guys needs to happen. Because we'll never win a cup unless it does.

His history tells us that we may already have the answer to that.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

But then we can't reset things when we are paying Radulov $$$

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
His history tells us that we may already have the answer to that.

See, I don't know. Because his assists are down because nobody on the team can ****ing finish. I could see him getting over 70 consistently at least. The talent is there.

When we were 4th in scoring everyone was chipping in and he got his apples. But when you're like 20th or whatever the numbers don't come. But a playmaker shouldn't have more goals than assists. That's a reflection of the team more than Duchene.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
See, I don't know. Because his assists are down because nobody on the team can ****ing finish. I could see him getting over 70 consistently at least. The talent is there.

When we were 4th in scoring everyone was chipping in and he got his apples. But when you're like 20th or whatever the numbers don't come. But a playmaker shouldn't have more goals than assists. That's a reflection of the team more than Duchene.

I just don't see him being a consistent 70+ point player...especially as he is nearing the end of what many consider the "prime scoring years". I think he's closer to the 60-65 point player. Nothing wrong with that, but I am not sure if he'll consistently be anything more than that (he may hit 70+ again, but it would be considered another "peak year" like 13-14 was).

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

That's a pretty big trade. I'm not a big Gudbranson fan so I like it for the Panthers. Did the Canucks even need to send the extra picks?

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Benning likes that player type. He was in the Bruins front office for a while.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site

That's a pretty big trade. I'm not a big Gudbranson fan so I like it for the Panthers. Did the Canucks even need to send the extra picks?

I really like Gudbranson and thought he was starting to really turn it around this year, but that's a lot to pay for him. If that's the price for dmen, Barrie should 100% return at least the 4th. Any less than that and Sakicn'co screwed up.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I know McCann is listed as a Center, but I'm wondering if the Panthers have designs for one of their Centers to shift to a Wing...if so, I'm hoping that this means they're moving on from Radulov.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I really like Gudbranson and thought he was starting to really turn it around this year, but that's a lot to pay for him. If that's the price for dmen, Barrie should 100% return at least the 4th. Any less than that and Sakicn'co screwed up.

Yeah, just too much for Gudbranson. I guess Benning wanted him that badly and the Panthers wouldn't accept less but throwing in the 33rd pick just seems unnecessary.

At least they didn't trade McCann for a rental though, like the guy drafted one spot ahead of him. :sarcasm:

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Would Florida GM have done this trade?

Yeah, but I chose to go after Drouin instead. lol

I do think they will move Trocheck or Bjugstad to RW as both have played there before, but I think it is also possible with the emergence of Trocheck and him not being signed yet it gives them options as well. If they get Trocheck under a good contract Bjugs could get them a very good return, or they pull an Avs and move Trocheck due to his demands.

I wouldn't rule out a Barrie to Florida idea either as the two teams have been known to discuss trades in the past. I thought if that happened though Gudbranson would be the piece coming back so who knows?

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Gudbranson isn't a bad player. He can eat a lot of minutes as a punishing defender but the offense just hasn't come at the NHL level. He's just 24 so perhaps there is another level he can get to.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Barrie and Kulikov would be a sick pairing. Finally gets a good partner.

But they aint got GoodbrandSON now? Cant see that happening. Unless yeah..BjugSTUD? for Barrie? eh..?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yeah, but I chose to go after Drouin instead. lol

I do think they will move Trocheck or Bjugstad to RW as both have played there before, but I think it is also possible with the emergence of Trocheck and him not being signed yet it gives them options as well. If they get Trocheck under a good contract Bjugs could get them a very good return, or they pull an Avs and move Trocheck due to his demands.

I wouldn't rule out a Barrie to Florida idea either as the two teams have been known to discuss trades in the past. I thought if that happened though Gudbranson would be the piece coming back so who knows?

Can't think of any immediate help to FLorida on defense. Right or no?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Panthers could bring Campbell back. Matheson should be a regular next season as well.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Can't think of any immediate help to FLorida on defense. Right or no?

Nothing immediate
I think their group will be
Kuli - Ekblad
Matheson - Petro
Kampfer

Campbell is a wildcard so they could bring in 2 additional pieces via UFA or trade (Demers I think will be a target for their new analytic focused FO).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad