Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Hamonic is a proven legit top pairing guy...plus they have that AHL defender who's pretty hyped. Mix that with Duchene's clone and it blows Ottawa out of the park.

Although, I'm just sick of seeing Ceci's name. :laugh: It's almost as bad as Kulikov for Duchene but this time avs fans were a little brighter.:D

I'd agree with this more or less.

Pronged might have played in a different era but superstars still get better treatment. Being nasty is a good thing especially for a defender. You take Pronger over Hedman every day of the week.

Point is the NHL is moving away from Dmen like Pronger in todays game. Its never bad to have a superstar level player but these days you win with Hedmans, Keiths, Letangs, and Doughty's. Its not a coincidence that they all focus on playing well over playing dirty.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Point is the NHL is moving away from Dmen like Pronger in todays game. Its never bad to have a superstar level player but these days you win with Hedmans, Keiths, Letangs, and Doughty's. Its not a coincidence that they all focus on playing well over playing dirty.

Ask the Sedins or Nuck fans on how they feel about that guy...Keith is as nasty as they come.

Chara was tormenting players just a couple of years ago. There will always be a market for those types... not many players are willing to be that guy though. In recent years you had Danny boy, Marchand and Weber. Hell Dubinsky has made it his mission at times to be an over top jackass...targeting just one player. It's hilarious.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
There has to be after the Caps acquisition. That was a huge gauntlet they threw down.

I'd say its more so that there are fewer and fewer options with still many teams looking to improve. I don't think it will push teams to make a big block buster move, but it may raise the price of players such as Weir, Mitchell, Colborne, Tyutin, Bourque, ect. as they are some of the few options out there that are left.

I mean it MAY affect a team like MTL or NYI if they are looking for a center as there aren't really any options left other than someone like Duchene, but the price is likely to be as high as it was a month ago. Its just if they will pay it or not.

NYI probably doesn't change as for them its about showing JT that he should stay there and MTL's GM is still too much of a puss.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Ask the Sedins or Nuck fans on how they feel about that guy...Keith is as nasty as they come.

Chara was tormenting players just a couple of years ago. There will always be a market for those types... not many players are willing to be that guy though. In recent years you had Danny boy, Marchand and Weber. Hell Dubinsky has made it his mission at times to be an over top jackass...targeting just one player. It's hilarious.

Weber is probably a perfect example. He is mean as everliving ****, but he certainly isn't dirty. Be mean, be physical but there is no reason you need to elbow people in the head to do that.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I'd say its more so that there are fewer and fewer options with still many teams looking to improve. I don't think it will push teams to make a big block buster move, but it may raise the price of players such as Weir, Mitchell, Colborne, Tyutin, Bourque, ect. as they are some of the few options out there that are left.

I mean it MAY affect a team like MTL or NYI if they are looking for a center as there aren't really any options left other than someone like Duchene, but the price is likely to be as high as it was a month ago. Its just if they will pay it or not.

NYI probably doesn't change as for them its about showing JT that he should stay there and MTL's GM is still too much of a puss.

I think that a move like Washington's shores up some deficiencies and forces other teams to look at attempting the same.

I am not saying it will force teams to go all in and be crazy with acquisitions but it should move the needle for some teams and force some action.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Agreed. I wouldnt change much about Trouba. I like the dirty stuff he does because its right on the line. He does alot of sneaky **** out there kinda like Chelios used to do. We need more *******s like that.

Sneaky Trouba is for sure. I have been watching his every single game. He even likes to blind side hit other players on numerous acquisitions and does not seem to give a s*** or say sorry. He has no facial expression to be nice, even if he has something hurtful to others. I would keep him as far away as possible from our gentle giant Zadorov. He is much cleaner and transparent with his checking.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I think that a move like Washington's shores up some deficiencies and forces other teams to look at attempting the same.

I am not saying it will force teams to go all in and be crazy with acquisitions but it should move the needle for some teams and force some action.

I don't think it will change much simply because there isn't much out there and teams that were going to go for rentals would have done so regardless of Shatty or not.

Mostly teams like Pit/NYR now have to look towards players like Quincy/Smith and maybe those sellers can get a bit more than they would have before.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA

I am speaking about reoccurring incidents. You could find a moment most players let their emotions get the best of them here and there but it isn't a continual thing. Also personally I view certain things dirtier than others, like knee on knee hits for example.

Either way, there is still no excusing or dirty plays in general. Trouba has now elbowed players in the head twice this year already, Duchene earlier in the year and the one he was suspended for. There is no reason for that to be a part of his game and any fan who tries and justifies stuff like that while being mad at what players like Matt Cooke do to Barrie in the playoffs you are a hypocrite.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Im going to wake up to Cody Ceci on this team arent I? SMH

Haha I wouldn't worry too much about it. That guy thinks Lazar is worth a 1st and just gave up a prospect equivalent to White for a 36 year old Burrows and then instantly signed him for 2 more years, then talked about all the high 5s he was getting. The guy is like if Patrick from Spongebob got a career in hockey.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Im going to wake up to Cody Ceci on this team arent I? SMH

Are you planning on sleeping for like 30 hours, bro? I don't expect anything out of us tomorrow with the game tomorrow night and all. The roster would be a mess. I think we will get through tomorrow's loss and then, hopefully, push everybody overboard on Wednesday.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Are you planning on sleeping for like 30 hours, bro? I don't expect anything out of us tomorrow with the game tomorrow night and all. The roster would be a mess. I think we will get through tomorrow's loss and then, hopefully, push everybody overboard on Wednesday.

Or 3 months as any big deal is more likely to wait until the draft unless an opposing GM wants to throw half a roster at Sakic and give him a blowy joey

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Dont know, but you know how war works, whoever is willing to go the farthest wins.

Sure but like WHAT would Nsh offer that the Avs wouldn't. We're in a far better spot to make it happen, although it was just made up for clicks.

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
Btw could we resign Grigorenko for another 1y/1m or so deal to keep him a while longer and see will he change? I don't see much risk here with 1m and he fits agewise to the "fantasy" of the new core, which he still has lightyears to go if he ever gets there but should we give his talents one last chance to put it together?

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Btw could we resign Grigorenko for another 1y/1m or so deal to keep him a while longer and see will he change? I don't see much risk here with 1m and he fits agewise to the "fantasy" of the new core, which he still has lightyears to go if he ever gets there but should we give his talents one last chance to put it together?

Main issue with Grigs is he is an AWFUL fit for the Avs system. Guy has 0 hustle in a system that is based on hustle.

He is an NHL level depth player who could continue to develop into a solid player so we will see.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Haha I wouldn't worry too much about it. That guy thinks Lazar is worth a 1st and just gave up a prospect equivalent to White for a 36 year old Burrows and then instantly signed him for 2 more years, then talked about all the high 5s he was getting. The guy is like if Patrick from Spongebob got a career in hockey.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015

Seems more likely that we expose him to the expansion draft, then if he doesn't get taken we trade him for a fresh start somewhere else. I really, really wanted him to work out, and he showed flashes of breaking out in preseason, but he has kind of run out of rope with this org.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad