Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Random question. Do you think that the bye week has anothing to do with the time lapse we've seen since the rumor hit? I mean Avs have had theirs, B's currently are. I don't think any roster player moved from Boston could even play until the end of the bye, so maybe Sakic is just taking his time to consider everything and we shouldn't expect much until Friday or Saturday anyway.

Don't think they are close to a deal. Or ever really were.

Big Bad Zad

Mar 31, 2016
Kind of feels like it. Who knows. Maybe Sakic's PDA got other GMs going again. Maybe it was all just a smokescreen (or more accurately motivation).

I can't look up the quotes from Dom on the Bruins board right now, but yesterday he posted implying that it is possible that it has gone quiet because the Bruins are on their bye week currently

Last edited:

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
Would you guys be willing to take on Gaborik's contract if we get a good plus added? For example (and I'm not saying LA would do this) would you trade Iginla for Gaborik, Ladue and a 3rd. I would. I realize how awful his contract is but we have cap space to burn next year and the year after. If by some miracle Gaborik is healthy enough to not be LTIR'd by the time the last two years of his contract rolls around and we need cap space we could look to trade him off in a similar way we acquired him but the price likely wouldn't be as bad since it's only 1 or 2 years remaining instead of 4.5.

I would. This is exactly the type of move the Avs should be making to get better stuff for iginla. Even if Iggy was originally worth a 2nd and it got bumped up to a first to take on gaborik. It's not like the Avs have anyone worth protecting after the main guys. (I don't think gaborik has a NMC anyways)

And to the melnyk comments. Even if sakic had done a better job of hiding the rumours it wouldn't have mattered because of stuff like this. He said it out load (really rare) but what he said is just the same thing as what dreger has been saying for months. Dreger's probably just repeating what the gms are telling him.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Quick poll: will you be disappointed if at least one of Duchene or Landeskog is not traded by the trade deadline?

Basically ignore potential returns. Just know it could be good or it could be bad.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
I can't look up the quotes from Dom on the Bruins board right now, but yesterday he posted implying that it is possible that it has gone quite because the Bruins are on their bye week currently

it's page six of their proposals thread for anyone looking for it (also Sakic and Sweeney both need a bit more pushing)

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Would you guys be willing to take on Gaborik's contract if we get a good plus added? For example (and I'm not saying LA would do this) would you trade Iginla for Gaborik, Ladue and a 3rd. I would. I realize how awful his contract is but we have cap space to burn next year and the year after. If by some miracle Gaborik is healthy enough to not be LTIR'd by the time the last two years of his contract rolls around and we need cap space we could look to trade him off in a similar way we acquired him but the price likely wouldn't be as bad since it's only 1 or 2 years remaining instead of 4.5.

Id seriously consider it if this Ladue person (supposedly untouchable) came with him. But the idea of taking on some cap hits in exchange for assets is really an idea we should be exploring. Esp. if its for a year or two while we are rebuilding.

i mean unless they are for sure thinking Oshie, Alzner,Kulikov, etc are coming here then dont but otherwise its one of the few cards we can deal, play, whatever.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Quick poll: will you be disappointed if at least one of Duchene or Landeskog is not traded by the trade deadline?

Basically ignore potential returns. Just know it could be good or it could be bad.

I'll be disappointed that we need to start this crap all over again in June.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City

Yeah thats ...to me at least..like the worst case scenario..we'll just be constantly speculating about this ad nauseum. Debating about the same packages or asset mgmt or futures vs actuality

groan

at this point one of them is gone, i just want to get to the draft, to FA, to training camp and see what the plan is, to see
what new players we can gawk at for next year.

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan

I'll be disappointed if one of Landey or Duchene isn't traded by the draft.
I'll be pissed if Iginla is not moved. I'll be protesting outside the Pepsi center if no moves are made.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

Not at all. If you don't get the offers you want don't trade them. This ain't the ROR situation. I WILL be disappointing if we trade one of them at the deadline for a meh return when they have the opportunity to sit on this for as long as they need. They'll probably get much better offers in the offseason anyway.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

Yes this. I won't be disappointed that the players are still here but just that it wasn't resolved because it's not going away. It would be nice to plan a bit going into the summer and just enjoy the draft and not have to except another draft day scramble. Obviously what's best for the team and the deal is what's important but this stuff will still be hanging over us.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
It is a shame we have had to endure these trade rumors and uncertainty for years and years.. and they always drag into multi year things. Pretty much every core player has been rumored to be traded, except MacKinnon and EJ and a newer player Rantanen.

I've followed this team very closely from 2013-> and it has been all about when ROR, Duchene, Landeskog, Barrie or Varlamov will be traded..

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

I would be good. Because to me, it would strongly indicate that no one offered a proper return.

I won't be disappointed at all because there's no rush.

Now, if they don't do something by the beginning of next season.......

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO

In this vein, I asked this on Twitter yesterday.

With 52 votes currently at 63% relieved, 37% upset. Sort of the split I expected.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
I still think Landeskog deal happens if he isn't hurt before Saturday. It's the bye week for Boston, he's nothing but cap space to them right now (although they have a lot) and Sakic + Sweeney agreed to have a decision by then.

Do I want Landeskog and duchene traded? No because I like them.

Do I want the avs to trade and make the team better? Of course I do and unfortunately based on how terrible they are, a likely top 5 pick, mack, rantanen and jost I think duchene and Lando make sense to go.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Yes this. I won't be disappointed that the players are still here but just that it wasn't resolved because it's not going away. It would be nice to plan a bit going into the summer and just enjoy the draft and not have to except another draft day scramble. Obviously what's best for the team and the deal is what's important but this stuff will still be hanging over us.

Yeah, this. It isn't just the immediate situation involving Duchene or Landeskog and the Avs need for a bona-fide top pairing D-man player/prospect.

One of the things TV has consistently hit on is the systemic issue with the Avs drafting and development. In the cap era, it's vital. Don't fix that problem and this will be a recurring scenario down the road with some other noted player whether it be MacKinnon, Rantanen, etc.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Upset is probably not the right word, disappointed would probably be a better word for how I'd feel if Landeskog and Duchene remain with the team through the deadline.

They've had to endure months of hearing their name as a trade candidate, with basically every expert saying it's a done deal that they are gone. If they don't get traded by the deadline they'll continue to hear every expert say they'll be gone during summer. At a certain point, I feel bad for the player. You shouldn't have to hear constant speculation that you'll be relocating.

Them remaining with the team isn't a good thing for everyone else either, it's a distraction for everyone on the team. It's hard to focus on the goal of playing competent hockey when you have no idea who is going to be here and who isn't.

This team needs to figure out a direction so players like MacK, Rantanen, Zadorov etc. can start focusing on the future and growing towards getting better, not worrying about who is and who isn't going to be around to help them.

So I guess my word would be disappointment, I'd be disappointed that we'll be wasting another 5+months of player development due to the uncertainty of the team, because we have no vision on how we are going to move forward to get better.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'd take Carlo + Zboril + 1st for Landy. If we do that Duchene needs to be traded for a LHD (so Hanifin, not Faulk). We'd have room to trade Barrie for a top 6 player and our D pipeline would be on par with the best of the NHL: Carlo, Zboril, Hanifin, Zadorov, Bigras (with EJ as a mentor). I'm OK with that.

twostroke27

Oct 12, 2011
I would be quite annoyed and disappointed. Especially for the players. I can't imagine what it would be like to be Duchene and have to live the next 8 months of your life not knowing where you're going to be. I'd personally be very bitter towards the avs if I was Duchene.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
What would happen in a parallel world where we draft McAvoy instead of Jost?

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
Take with a whole mountain of salt, but Eklund says talks are heating up on Duchene and sees him getting moved before deadline.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
What would happen in a parallel world where we draft McAvoy instead of Jost?

We'd be in first place, our defense would be set for the next 12 years and none of our core pieces would have to get traded.

Or, more likely, we'd be in the exact same place we are now. A terrible joke team with core players being traded if we can get huge value and a really nice prospect from the 2016 draft we are patiently waiting to develop.

I know I'm being an arse about this whole Jost thing but really...it's a little much for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad