Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Here's the big story that has consumed the last several pages:

From my personal conversations with Dom over the last couple of months, he is credible. One of the Global Mods, Gee Wally (who is VERY well respected with the Admins on HF Boards, and he too was higher than a Global Mod at one point, before "retiring") vouches for him. Dom has a pretty good track record on things.

I do not know who the former NHL Coach is, but I know it's not Julien or Roy. I think it's best we respect Dom's wishes to keep that part of it private.

From my understanding with discussions from others is that a deal is likely to be around Landeskog and Carlo. I have no idea why Sakic (and presumably Shea) will be at the Beanpot Final tonight. It could be just standard Draft Prep, or they could be looking at someone else. I don't know, and I suspect that we won't know until some sort of deal happens.

So...let's get another thread sped through as quickly as possible!

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I refuse to believe that after all these rumors of asking for a kings ransom, that sakic settles for Brandon friggin Carlo. There's gotta be some solid "+'s" if that's the deal. It just makes so little sense to trade the 24 year old Landeskog. Duchene I at least somewhat understood.

Remember, he's also going to watch McAvoy. It could just as easily be him as the centerpiece in the final deal.

I don't want to trade Landy either, but if it's a total ripoff of Boston I suppose I could live with it.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Posting in a thread that will contain crying, wondering, anger and hopefully a little happiness.

This thread will include at least one trade.

Please Sakic, if yoy have to trade Landy.. let it be a steal.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Everyone is getting traded, and we are getting nothing in return!!!

There, I've gotten the hysteria out of the way early.

If a deal is made, I think it'll be after today. Sakic's going to attend the game, get an idea of what he thinks about some of the players Boston is offering and he'll have to confer with his scouts. Personally, I'd rather they just get this done and over with quickly. I can't imagine it's a good atmosphere in the locker room when so many core pieces are wondering if they are getting moved or not.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
I refuse to give up hope on McAvoy. And I still live in lala land with Slavin.

Slavin - Johnson
Zadorov - McAvoy
Bigras - Mironov

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Dater has hit a new low. If he thinks Eklund is credible, then Dater's credibility and judgement just took a big hit in my view too.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Haha the meltdown is coming on this board. I would hate to lose either of Duchene or Landy let alone both of them. However for me it is always about the return. Give me two great trades that fill a lot of our holes and I will down with it. These guys are not untouchables for the right price. I still believe the ask is McAvoy.

Landy being traded to BOS will start a chain reaction IMO as MTL and CAR are competing directly against BOS for a playoff spot. I'm still not writing off NAS as a possibility as well.

VAN is also intriguing as they have been scouting the AVS quite a bit as well. Barrie would make sense for them but they were scouting us when Barrie was out too.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Haha the meltdown is coming on this board. I would hate to lose either of Duchene or Landy let alone both of them. However for me it is always about the return. Give me two great trades that fill a lot of our holes and I will down with it. These guys are not untouchables for the right price. I still believe the ask is McAvoy.

Landy being traded to BOS will start a chain reaction IMO as MTL and CAR are competing directly against BOS for a playoff spot. I'm still not writing off NAS as a possibility as well.

VAN is also intriguing as they have been scouting the AVS quite a bit as well. Barrie would make sense for them but they were scouting us when Barrie was out too.

Yeah it's a good time to be taking advantage of that race lol.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Pfft, don't you guys know the Bruins will be trading us Spooner + Subban + 3rd for Landeskog @ 50% retained?

You actually think we can get Brandon Orr - I mean Carlo?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I refuse to give up hope on McAvoy. And I still live in lala land with Slavin.

Slavin - Johnson
Zadorov - McAvoy
Bigras - Mironov

Reminds me of

Suter EJ
Siemens Elliott
Wilson Barrie
Hejda

Back in 11/12 when we thought those 3 prospects were the future of the NHL, Suter would sign with us and Wilson was the best open ice hitter in the NHL.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Reminds me of

Suter EJ
Siemens Elliott
Wilson Barrie
Hejda

Back in 11/12 when we thought those 3 prospects were the future of the NHL, Suter would sign with us and Wilson was the best open ice hitter in the NHL.

That may actually still be a better defense than what we iced last night without EJ & Barrie in the lineup lol.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Well I hear that trade a coming,
It's a rollin' round the bend...

cash.gif

(song lyrics posted especially for you, Ex-Tex)

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
While I'd prefer other defensemen over him, I don't think Carlo is as bad as some people here are making him sound. He has issues and has had some rough games but I think he has the potential to be pretty good.

Having said that, there better be some other good stuff coming with him. If he's the main piece then I look at it like another O'Reilly deal.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Landy does not have injury issues. He's missed 30 games over his 6 year career and that includes suspensions. He's had 2 seasons of 82 games, 81 and 75 last year which I think was mostly due to suspensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad