Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Hey LL, do you guys keep track of who scouts at your games? Have Avs been there at all?

No, sorry. But I'd bet that more important than who was scouting the Canes games would be who's scouting the Canes prospects games. There's got to be a lot of tape on Hanifin, not nearly as much on Roy, Gauthier, or Kaukkonen.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I posted this yesterday, what I could find where Avs scouts have been.

a few other tweets.

2/9 - ANH at BUF
2/7 - DAL at TOR
2/6 - BUF at NJ

1/26 - EDM at SJ
1/25 - EDM at ANH
1/24 - CGY at MON
1/9 - DAL at LA
1/4 - NYR at PHI
12/29 - BOS at BUF
12/28 - LA at VAN
12/19 - NAS at PHI
12/12 - BOS at MTL
11/17 - TB at BUF
11/10 - LA at MTL
11/8 - BOS at MTL

I'd take a stab that all of those are Martin, and yeah TMV... no idea why he'd base himself there. woof.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I mean pretty sure that the Avs have interest in the embarassment of riches that is the Anaheim blueline right now.

Sakic was not at the ANA-FLA game for nothing.

The question is what the Ducks would want from us.

Best case scenario is probably giving them a rental like Iggy (before today I also had some hope that Beauch @ 50% might interes them)+ taking on Stoner/Bieksa might get us closer but I don't really see it.

Maybe Landeskog for Larsson, Ritchie + 1st but I am not a fan at all tbh..

But they do have Lindholm/Fowler (both are 100 % not available IMO)/Vatanen/Manson/Montour/Theodore/Larsson/Guenin in the NHL/AHL right now.

That is some crazy depth right there...

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I mean pretty sure that the Avs have interest in the embarassment of riches that is the Anaheim blueline right now.

Sakic was not at the ANA-FLA game for nothing.

The question is what the Ducks would want from us.

Best case scenario is probably giving them a rental like Iggy (before today I also had some hope that Beauch @ 50% might interes them)+ taking on Stoner/Bieksa might get us closer but I don't really see it.

Maybe Landeskog for Larsson, Ritchie + 1st but I am not a fan at all tbh..

But they do have Lindholm/Fowler (both are 100 % not available IMO)/Vatanen/Manson/Montour/Theodore/Larsson/Guenin in the NHL/AHL right now.

That is some crazy depth right there...
You had to go there didn't you? :sarcasm:

Avs44

May 16, 2011

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
Hey guys long time lurker and decided to start posting. I appreciate all the info and opinions of all you avalanche fans. Im from connecticut so dont have many fans here. Was just curious what the value of duchene vs landeskog is. I know its not a popular opinion but ive just never been high on lamdeskog. Hes a good player but just dont think his style of play holds up well and feel like hes as guilty as any of our players when is comes to taking unneccasary penalties late in games

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Duchene with a small plus (UFA rental) should realistically fetch a blue chip d prospect/young top 4 d with upside, another prospect that will eventually play on the NHL, and a 1st or second.

Landeskog could probably get a young 3/4 defenseman/already established slightly older #3 d+ 1st rounder.

Landeskog has some injury concerns, has been offensively getting worse, and plays a less important position. Duchene is an elite 5vs5 forward, elite at faceoffs, and has team Canada pedigree.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Landy is also our best defensive forward and is under contract cheaper for 2 years longer and is 2 years younger. So if he brings back less it's much easier to keep him. I'm pretty sure Landy misses fewer games on average each year than Duchene.

And really I think the big glaring defense problem this team had had forever, which gets focused on the defensemen, has a lot to do with a complete ignorance to drafting, developing, obtaining and valuing defensive forwards.

Last edited:

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
Thanks. Im in the trade both camp either way. I love duchene but just think its best to rebuild and he will bring back the best package.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I want nothing to do with trading Landy outside of massive overpayment. As much as I love Duchene he's more easily replaced.

Yup. I'd much rather move Dutchy as the trigger to shake up the core, keep Landy/Barrie/others, let the dead weight go at the end of the year, draft in the top 3, get a new coach, and all that stuff. No need for a bunch of moves. Just trade Duchene for a king's ransom, either now or at the draft. It doesn't really matter to us when it happens, although we'd imagine the highest return would be at the trade deadline.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Yup. I'd much rather move Dutchy as the trigger to shake up the core, keep Landy/Barrie/others, let the dead weight go at the end of the year, draft in the top 3, get a new coach, and all that stuff. No need for a bunch of moves. Just trade Duchene for a king's ransom, either now or at the draft. It doesn't really matter to us when it happens, although we'd imagine the highest return would be at the trade deadline.

I dunno, I'd be open to a Barrie deal. I think he's a luxury more than a necessity to the foundation of a team.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I dunno, I'd be open to a Barrie deal. I think he's a luxury more than a necessity to the foundation of a team.

Agreed. Why trade him? We won't be finding a defenseman, nor do we have one in the system, that is going to produce 50 point seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad