Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
I doubt they play that many rookies too, I'm sure they will sign some FAs. Not the exiting kind, the cheap kind.

I think they will. Sakic has preached getting younger. I think that having jost there is probably the biggest stretch. Could see them going after a cheap guy to fill in some holes. But I think Greer and Compher will for sure be up and if we get Patrick he will make it as well.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I think they need someone who they think can bring some secondary scoring (IRL he will fail). I wonder who... Brian Boyle? Patrik Berglund? The UFA class is god awful.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Henning from Vancouver has been around for quite a few games. Also, are there really two Dirk Graham's?

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
If we have to go 4-4-1 at the ED we absolutely need to protect Nieto over Grigs and Soda. Soda's bad season along with his contract make it unlikely that Vegas will pick him. Grigs is what he is. Always leaves you wanting more. However Nieto showed how speed and great effort can change how this team looks. He is part of the solution for our bottom-6 next year. He also showed that he can step in in our top-6 if needed because he is has the speed to keep up with the top guys and he has enough skills for it also. I'd like to keep Grigs as well but this team needs more Nietos than Grigs right now.

I said before that this team needed more speed to start winning. The addition of guys like Nieto and now Barbario seem to prove that. These guys get to the puck first giving them more time to make a good play. When we add guys like Greer, Compher and Bigras it will help a lot.

With that being said I am perfectly in agreement with Sakic in being patient for that great deal. If the deal doesn't come I am perfectly happy with keeping Duchene for next year and wait for guys Z, Bigras and Meloche to take the next step.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Henning from Vancouver has been around for quite a few games. Also, are there really two Dirk Graham's?

I've been told by at least one person who I'd consider "in the know" that Henning being there isn't entirely unusual.

SuperJoe

Feb 24, 2010
Royal City
It's interesting that Nieuwendyk is showing up again after a little hiatus. Not sure I like Henning being around all the time either, I can't see anything good coming from a trade with the Canucks, although Benning is not known to be a great trader

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
So assuming the Avs make no trades and pick a forward and vegas take Soda (a lot of assumptions of course) the roster will be:

Landy - Mack - Rantanen
Jost? - Duchene - 1st Pick
Greer - Compher - Nieto
Comeau - Colborne - grigs

Zad - EJ
Beauchemin - Barrie
Bigras - Barb/Mironov

That's a lot of rookies. I don't think they'll have the impact they have had in Toronto so I'm assuming we'll be in for another bad year. But maybe just clearing out the dead weight will make things better for the team.

Take out Jost, and have JTC be the x-tra fwd/1st callup or however that works. Same with Mironov
I think those spots will be reserved for FA fwds and a D.

And im thinking unless the pick is NP or possibly Hisch, that player will be another year away, so thats another spot in flux

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
It is also interesting to see ARI and the Blues always showing up.

ARI is a bit of a darkhorse IMO....

They are always on the list. Yeah probably mostly because of the opposition but they really seem to follow us around a bit.

I mean OEL expires the same year Duchene does (2.25 years from now) and they have a crapload of assets already. They might want to show him that they are really trying to win next season in order to get his signature. He is that franchise right now. Without him they are screwed.

I think one of Keller or Strome (probably Keller) will turn into a decent #1 C but they will take a few years and getting another one right now certainly wouldn't hurt.

Sure Hischier/Patrick could take care of that but maybe Chayka wants to speed this up a bit.

On the other hand they are rumored to sell off Doan, Vrbata, Hanzal and Stone so I am not sure how soon that turnaround is planned to happen.

But Tippett does not strike me as the patient type either...

Domi/Keller/Strome/Perlini/Dvorak/Fischer/Crouse

OEL/Chychrun/Wood/Murphy/Stone.

With Goligoski locked up for another 3-4 years at LHD after OEL, Chayka might be willing to sacrifice Chychrun + one of his forward prospects for Duchene.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
Take out Jost, and have JTC be the x-tra fwd/1st callup or however that works. Same with Mironov
I think those spots will be reserved for FA fwds and a D.

And im thinking unless the pick is NP or possibly Hisch, that player will be another year away, so thats another spot in flux

I can agree with that. I still think Compher will make the team.

They will probably sign a UFA forward or keep grigs. I could also see them bring up Grimaldi to fit that role. We'll see what happens but the Avs will have a lot of cap space and not a lot of talent imo.

But if there is less horrible lethargic play it may be more entertaining to watch at least.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Nice to see Nieuwendyk back. Could be nothing but I'm hopeful that's the team they trade with.

Probably little chance of getting Slavin but man, he's really good. I watched a couple of their games recently and he's very impressive. He's probably their #1 right now so it doesn't make much sense to trade him.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
If is a a trade with the Canes that happens for Duchesne, the Avs might have a semi-decent defence next season.

EJ, Carolina guy, Barrie, Zadorov, Beauchemin.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
If is a a trade with the Canes that happens for Duchesne, the Avs might have a semi-decent defence next season.

EJ, Carolina guy, Barrie, Zadorov, Beauchemin.

One of these is not like the others.......:D

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland

giphy.gif

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
well, duh. "Carolina guy" will have a name...

Exactly! :laugh:

Hanifin had some errors in the games I saw and it sounds like it has been a real struggle recently. Just turned 20 though and I think he'll be pretty good. He's probably the one who makes the most sense because it doesn't take much away from the Canes right now and gives the Avs what they need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA