Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Who takes on the most risk in this CAR trade? i mean its us isnt it?

Attempting to be as objective as possible...I'd still say the Avs. Duchene is a proven commodity, and at this exact moment, Hanifin (let's say that's the piece the Avs are desiring) is still way more potential than proven commodity.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Probably going to be that way in every Duchene/Landeskog trade. They're going to be the best player in the deal.

Attempting to be as objective as possible...I'd still say the Avs. Duchene is a proven commodity, and at this exact moment, Hanifin (let's say that's the piece the Avs are desiring) is still way more potential than proven commodity.

Thats how im essentially feeling, its like you know what your getting in Dutchess, whereas Han is probably starting off on the third pairing here..and may never leave that spot. Super unlikely but not all young D's progression are a sure thing as we all know

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Haha could you imagine? It would be CAR fans very own EJ trade. :laugh:

sans the first

Nah that would be Carolinas very own Mike Milbury trade.

All things considered I don't think they would even do Aho for Duchene right now.

I mean Duchene is better now but there is a poll on hfboards right now between Aho and Rantanen and Aho is winning.

And honestly I think it is close enough that I can't even be mad about it (although I personally as an Avs homer obviously prefer Rants).

Would you trade Rantanen for Duchene right now?

Hanifin + 1st + Eddie Lack+ Roy (maybe even Gauthier but I think that would be too steep) for Duchene + Picks+ maybe Tyutin is the only big blockbuster that would remotely make sense and only if the Avs don't see Picks as the GOTF.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
ARI is a bit of a darkhorse IMO....

They are always on the list. Yeah probably mostly because of the opposition but they really seem to follow us around a bit.

I mean OEL expires the same year Duchene does (2.25 years from now) and they have a crapload of assets already. They might want to show him that they are really trying to win next season in order to get his signature. He is that franchise right now. Without him they are screwed.

I think one of Keller or Strome (probably Keller) will turn into a decent #1 C but they will take a few years and getting another one right now certainly wouldn't hurt.

Sure Hischier/Patrick could take care of that but maybe Chayka wants to speed this up a bit.

On the other hand they are rumored to sell off Doan, Vrbata, Hanzal and Stone so I am not sure how soon that turnaround is planned to happen.

But Tippett does not strike me as the patient type either...

Domi/Keller/Strome/Perlini/Dvorak/Fischer/Crouse

OEL/Chychrun/Wood/Murphy/Stone.

With Goligoski locked up for another 3-4 years at LHD after OEL, Chayka might be willing to sacrifice Chychrun + one of his forward prospects for Duchene.
Certainly see them as a dark horse in this trade war. As long as we stay away from Strome I'll be happy...depending on the return of course.

I'd do ChyChrun - Fisher- another very good +. Love Fisher's game.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Nah that would be Carolinas very own Mike Milbury trade.

All things considered I don't think they would even do Aho for Duchene right now.

I mean Duchene is better now but there is a poll on hfboards right now between Aho and Rantanen and Aho is winning.

And honestly I think it is close enough that I can't even be mad about it (although I personally as an Avs homer obviously prefer Rants).

Would you trade Rantanen for Duchene right now?

Hanifin + 1st + Eddie Lack+ Roy (maybe even Gauthier but I think that would be too steep) for Duchene + Picks+ maybe Tyutin is the only big blockbuster that would remotely make sense and only if the Avs don't see Picks as the GOTF.

Lol they would easily do Aho for Duchene straight up Duchene is far more established and the Canes are hoping that someday Aho might be as good as Duchene. Obviously adding Hanifin and a 1st would be extremely lopsided towards the Avs. But Aho straight up would be bad for the Avs, as we'd just be hoping he someday is as good as Duchene.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Who takes on the most risk in this CAR trade? i mean its us isnt it?

The risk to Carolina is if after 2 1/2 years, Duchene bolts to Montreal.

Of course, if they see that unfolding, they trade him in his final year and recoup a fair amount, minimizing that risk.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Lol they would easily do Aho for Duchene straight up Duchene is far more established and the Canes are hoping that someday Aho might be as good as Duchene. Obviously adding Hanifin and a 1st would be extremely lopsided towards the Avs. But Aho straight up would be bad for the Avs, as we'd just be hoping he someday is as good as Duchene.

Same as with Rantanen basically.

And I am not sure I would trade Mikko for Duchene right now all things considered.

And Carolina is a young team as well so the age difference is certainly a factor.

Not sure they would do it. It would defeat the purpose of strengthening their forward core...

Just give me Hanifin and maybe a slight plus and I am happy..

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

Let's hope Dater knows something we dont, but he's probably just going off the scouting reports.

The key with Dater is to truly separate what he hears (and therefore reports on) from his own opinion...and it can be tricky.

In this instance, I would say that yes, he has something of an idea that we, the public, don't have. Nieuwendyk's been to two games (that we know of) in the past, and is slated to be at his 3rd tonight (and 2nd consecutive). We know Boston has some level of interest in Landeskog (at the very least). And Dater *does* have some connection into the Avs' front office.

That, I believe we can take at face value.

Where he starts to bring on his detractors is when it turns to opinion.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
McKenzie said a while back:

It’s high interest on Matt Duchene. It’s also high prices,” said McKenzie then. “While there’s no firm offers on the table with the Colorado Avalanche, there have been discussions. Everybody knows the price of poker. That is either three high-end pieces or four high-end pieces. By high-end pieces we mean this:

“If it’s three high-end pieces, we’re talking about a player that’s established in the NHL already – between 20-24 years of age – as well as a first-round pick, as well as a top prospect.

“If the young NHL isn’t established, if it’s all prospects, then the price goes up to those four high-end pieces.

http://www.fanragsports.com/nhl/dreger-examines-trade-needs-montreal-canadiens/

So if it's a deal around Hanifin, who fits the established NHL player between 20-24 criteria, then Sakic is looking for two more high-end pieces.

Hanifin + 1st rounder + ???

You're not alone in that. IMO, Hanifin is the best realistic swap for us. Having a top 4 of EJ, Zadorov, Barrie, and Hanifin oooo don't even get me started.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Same as with Rantanen basically.

And I am not sure I would trade Mikko for Duchene right now all things considered.

And Carolina is a young team as well so the age difference is certainly a factor.

Not sure they would do it. It would defeat the purpose of strengthening their forward core...

I agree with what you are saying about not trading a young guy like Aho, but at the same time if a GM is stupid enough to offer you the completed version of what you are hoping someone can become in a 1 for 1 deal you'd be stupid not to take it.

I'm with you I think Duchene for Hanifin+quality prospect is a fair deal. I still maintain that a deal of Hanifin, Lindholm and cap dump for Duchene and Soderberg would be pretty fair.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

Pierre retweeting Dater's post. I'm all for Sakic taking his time and getting the right deal, but man I need to be put out of my misery :laugh:

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Don't worry, Boston doesn't want to offer anything worth while. They'd just like us to politely gift them Matt Duchene

While I would have agreed with this statement a week ago, things are looking a bit more desperate in Boston now, so maybe they'll start making real offers now.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I agree with what you are saying about not trading a young guy like Aho, but at the same time if a GM is stupid enough to offer you the completed version of what you are hoping someone can become in a 1 for 1 deal you'd be stupid not to take it.

I'm with you I think Duchene for Hanifin+quality prospect is a fair deal. I still maintain that a deal of Hanifin, Lindholm and cap dump for Duchene and Soderberg would be pretty fair.

Lindholm is too valuable to make that swap.

I think using the above template:

Hanifin + Roy (with a slight chance of getting Gauthier instead) + 2nd seems decent enough.

Might get the pick bumped up if we help them out a bit and take on Lack (or maybe even give up Pickard as well) and throw in an expendable piece like Tyutin or Grigo.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Lindholm is too valuable to make that swap.

I think using the above template:

Hanifin + Roy (with a slight chance of getting Gauthier instead) + 2nd seems decent enough.

Might get the pick bumped up if we help them out a bit and take on Lack (or maybe even give up Pickard as well) and throw in an expendable piece like Tyutin or Grigo.

If they acquired Duchene, Lindholm would be somewhat expendable with Staal and Rask both being capable of the 2C position behind Duchene.

As nice a piece as Hanifin is, there is still a ton of risk trading a 26 year old 1C who averages around 60+ pts a season who is on a nice contract. If I'm the Avs I'd want a player like Lindholm coming our way as well as a little insurance in case Hanifin doesn't meet his potential.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Give me Hanifin and the body builder. Don't even care about the 1st if we are getting those two studs.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
If they acquired Duchene, Lindholm would be somewhat expendable with Staal and Rask both being capable of the 2C position behind Duchene.

As nice a piece as Hanifin is, there is still a ton of risk trading a 26 year old 1C who averages around 60+ pts a season who is on a nice contract. If I'm the Avs I'd want a player like Lindholm coming our way as well as a little insurance in case Hanifin doesn't meet his potential.

Lindholm is just too valuable as a thrown- in.

He is a very good all around player from what I've seen and he has been producing for a while now. He had an abysmal start that is why his numbers are not better this season but I think they still value him pretty high.
Also they need to add upfront. Upgrading at the cost of Hanifin wouldn't be a smart move on their part.

I just don't see them giving up Lindholm + Hanifin. That is way too greedy IMO.

Maybe you can get Teuvo Teravainen thrown in instead but I am not sure that it would be a good idea for anyone involved.

Just keep it simple.

Duchene for Hanifin as a basis with maybe a pick and a decent prospect (Roy or Kuokkanen) thrown in. Maybe increase the return for the Avs by taking on Lack (for Pickard maybe) or throwing in pieces like Tyutin or Grigo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00