Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
That's the kind of package I'd expect for OEL.

If the difference between Duchene and OEL is a 2nd in 2018 + Duclair, I'd like to offer Duchene + 2nd in 2018 + Morrison/Bigras (your choice) for OEL... :sarcasm:

The more interesting thing to me (and probably only to me) is what you would be willing to add to Chychrun for Duchene...

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

We want the same thing, man. Hopefully some team gives up a decent pick.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If the difference between Duchene and OEL is a 2nd in 2018 + Duclair, I'd like to offer Duchene + 2nd in 2018 + Morrison/Bigras (your choice) for OEL... :sarcasm:

The more interesting thing to me (and probably only to me) is what you would be willing to add to Chychrun for Duchene...

For OEL I'm looking more toward an 8yr extension rather than a trade. :)

For Chychrun, not much. I'd rank him maybe third or fourth in this draft.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
No he's not... don't be fooled by HF sens fans.

Also I'd be seriously surprised if Chabot turned into a top pairing defender. There's a lot of hype around that kid right now though.

I don't watch the Sens a ton but he still seems too inconsistent from what I've seen. He's still really young but I'd expect more from a 23 year old in his 4th season.

Again, I'd probably do it if you get Chabot in the deal as well but not if it's Ceci and other prospects/picks.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

We want the same thing, man. Hopefully some team gives up a decent pick.

It's funny how much I wanted the AVS to trade him for the last 2 years but he wouldn't waive his NMC. Now that he wants to go I don't care anymore. It was mainly to free up cap space but we no longer need that space so...

What a horrible, horrible signing that was.

Avsblitzkrieg

May 1, 2016
Westminster
It's funny how much I wanted the AVS to trade him for the last 2 years but he wouldn't waive his NMC. Now that he wants to go I don't care anymore. It was mainly to free up cap space but we no longer need that space so...

I hope they don't trade him because he wouldn't waive... Eff him

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I still want a pick for him but I also don't care as much anymore because his contract is done in a few months. Seeing him on his last legs has been pretty bad but I've always been a big fan of his so I hope he goes to a team that has a legit chance.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Every time I've seen him play he seems like a top 4 guy. And I said Chabot could top out as a top pairing guy, I think he has a really good shot at being a a good 2/3 kinda guy.

Nah, he's nothing special. Just another run of the mill player that gets overhyped by his fan base.

As for Chabot...he might be a top pairing defender or junior star who had beast WJC. Happens all the time. No way should the avs give up a legit NHL star for someone that unproven.

I don't watch the Sens a ton but he still seems too inconsistent from what I've seen. He's still really young but I'd expect more from a 23 year old in his 4th season.

Again, I'd probably do it if you get Chabot in the deal as well but not if it's Ceci and other prospects/picks.

see above.

If you're going to trade Duchene or Landy it has to be a hockey trade. **** this whole idea of futures.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
If they don't find a way to somehow get assets they are so ****ed. Absolutely ****ed.

They will if some team wants him. I'm usually not too optimistic when it comes to selling and asset management with this team but this year feels different. They don't have a choice.

see above.

If you're going to trade Duchene or Landy it has to be a hockey trade. **** this whole idea of futures.

I think it's going to be futures and I'm okay with that. This team isn't going anywhere even with a straight hockey trade that gets us a top four D.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
If they don't find a way to somehow get assets they are so ****ed. Absolutely ****ed.

It would help if they could sign one decent Free Agent that will be worth his contract from start to finish or be worth a damn in a trade a few years into their contracts.

Just one would be nice for a change because I really can't remember the last time that happened...
My hope was that it would be a complete sellers market at the deadline and that guys like Iggy, Beauch or Tyutin could bounce back a bit to make them somewhat desirable.
With several teams in the East looking to be out of it and our "vets" getting worse by the day, I honestly don't see it anymore.

Couple of 4th rounders maybe. A 3rd or two would be nice and Iggy might still be able to get us one but I am getting less and less optimistic about the deadline. Those guys are just playing so beyond terrible that no one in their right minds should give us something good for them...

Nah, he's nothing special. Just another run of the mill player that gets overhyped by his fan base.

As for Chabot...he might be a top pairing defender or junior star who had beast WJC. Happens all the time. No way should the avs give up a legit NHL star for someone that unproven.

see above.

There is no hockey deal to be had for a young D. There is just no one out there who makes sense for both sides involved right now IMO.

I mean like it or not. But this team needs a full-scale rebuild as well as a complete organisational "make-over" if we want to ever be a solid team again.

We had a chance after 2013 but RoyKic completely blew it. Complete and utterly effed it up.

Now it is too late.

Keep 3-5 guys from the current roster to help with the rebuild and ship out the rest and prepare for 2-3 years of tanking.

Nothing else will fix this mess...

Avsblitzkrieg

May 1, 2016
Westminster
It would help if they could sign one decent Free Agent that will be worth his contract from start to finish or be worth a damn in a trade a few years into their contracts.

Just one would be nice for a change because I really can't remember the last time that happened...
My hope was that it would be a complete sellers market at the deadline and that guys like Iggy, Beauch or Tyutin could bounce back a bit to make them somewhat desirable.
With several teams in the East looking to be out of it and our "vets" getting worse by the day, I honestly don't see it anymore.

Couple of 4th rounders maybe. A 3rd or two would be nice and Iggy might still be able to get us one but I am getting less and less optimistic about the deadline. Those guys are just playing so beyond terrible that no one in their right minds should give us something good for them...

There is no hockey deal to be had for a young D. There is just no one out there who makes sense for both sides involved right now IMO.

I mean like it or not. But this team needs a full-scale rebuild as well as a complete organisational "make-over" if we want to ever be a solid team again.

We had a chance after 2013 but RoyKic completely blew it. Complete and utterly effed it up.

Now it is too late.

Keep 3-5 guys from the current roster to help with the rebuild and ship out the rest and prepare for 2-3 years of tanking.

Nothing else will fix this mess...

I'd put everyone up for the right price. The only players I'd keep is ramtenen and jost

I want to move Mack. Get a good return on him, before the rest of the leauge sees him play

twostroke27

Oct 12, 2011

Yes because the difference between us being ****ed and not ****ed is going to be the middle/late round picks we get for our garbage. Come on now. I'm all aboard the asset train but you're taking things to extreme here tv.

twostroke27

Oct 12, 2011

see above.

I feel like this board has gone into "we need all the prospects" attitudes because we've dealt with old garbage and bandaids for years. I've watched so many youth movements result in horrible teams for decades too. People seem to forget this all the time.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Strong words.

The pick that we'll get for Iggy more than likely will never play in the NHL. Certainly not a life or death situation.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Yes because the difference between us being ****ed and not ****ed is going to be the middle/late round picks we get for our garbage. Come on now. I'm all aboard the asset train but you're taking things to extreme here tv.

Well one of the major reasons why we are so bad is because we never got those middling picks in the first place.

Avs have always been the ones needlessly throwing away 2nd and 3rd round picks. Would be nice to be on the other side for a change and also really needed if we ever want to get anywhere.

Free Agents never work, trades don't really work either (see Berra, Stuart, Talbot,etc.) so the only avenue left that sometimes works (but not nearly often enough) is the draft.

I feel like this board has gone into "we need all the prospects" attitudes because we've dealt with old garbage and bandaids for years. I've watched so many youth movements result in horrible teams for decades too. People seem to forget this all the time.

Well we never went through a real youth movement and horribly failed with those other approaches so maybe we should give it a try for once.

The only way this mess gets turned around quickly is if we land a player like McDavid.

And that will only happen if we really suck.

So might as well committ to a youth movement and hope for the best if we have to suck anyways...

Avs can't trade or spend our way out of this mess.

Trading for older players right now is futile because this team won't go anywhere for the foreseeable future....

@Avsblitzkrieg:

Keep Mac (losing 4 #1 caliber C in 4 years would be too much for me too handle. We would probably search for another one for the next decade and honestly we would deserve it). Zads and one of EJ/Barrie as well.

The rest can go for the right offer for all I care.

But need a good return on the few valuable pieces we have (Duchene, Landeskog, Barrie/EJ) or otherwise that rebuild will take a long ass time...

Last edited:

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
Strong words.

The pick that we'll get for Iggy more than likely will never play in the NHL. Certainly not a life or death situation.

No, but the more picks we have the better. It allows us to build a farm team, take more risks (like Greer) and fill our needs (like a goalie prospect).

And who knows, maybe it's the mid round pick that we get in an Iginla trade that turns into the next Benn or Weber.

twostroke27

Oct 12, 2011
No, but the more picks we have the better. It allows us to build a farm team, take more risks (like Greer) and fill our needs (like a goalie prospect).

And who knows, maybe it's the mid round pick that we get in an Iginla trade that turns into the next Benn or Weber.

I don't think anyone would turn down a middle/late round pick for him or the player we get. And I'd love to see us get the next superstar in a late round. I think it's that post was waaaayyy over the top.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

I agree that picks = lottery tickets but we still need to know which tickets to buy and when. AVS have been drafting extremely poorly (to stay polite) for a long, long time now. We didn't give away all our picks you know, we just drafted very badly.

spiller19

Sep 23, 2013
If duchene is traded for Hanifin or another young D and Shattenkirk does somehow come back(I don't see it) what would you all think of a Barrie for Tyler Johnson swap after the expansion draft? I am. Big fan of his and I don't know if TB would do it but I think that would be a good move for us.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Iginla is the only one I'm counting on being traded. Duchene is possible.

The rest of the veterans? I just can't see how other teams want them. They provide nothing of value. If Sakic manages to trade one of them, hat's off.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
I agree that picks = lottery tickets but we still need to know which tickets to buy and when. AVS have been drafting extremely poorly (to stay polite) for a long, long time now. We didn't give away all our picks you know, we just drafted very badly.

Without a doubt. But they've made some changes the past couple of years, and it seems like there may finally be light at the end of the tunnel with the more recent picks. Need to improve on that with '17 and '18.

Pro scouting on the other hand...

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
Iginla is the only one I'm counting on being traded. Duchene is possible.

The rest of the veterans? I just can't see how other teams want them. They provide nothing of value. If Sakic manages to trade one of them, hat's off.

I think if Tyutin can stay healthy he'll go, but yeah that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad