Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
McKenzie said on NBCSN that interest in Duchene is high, but so is the price.

Sakic is asking for...

- Established NHL Player + "A" Level Prospect + 1st Rounder

If the team doesn't want to give us established NHL player, McKenzie noted that it would take more...

- "A" Level Prospect + "A"/"B" Level Prospect + Another Prospect + 1st Rounder/2nd Rounder

It needs to be that high, Duchene is a high level NHL player. I do not want to see him traded but changes have to be made to the Avs and we have to find defense from somewhere.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
No thanks to Ceci. Avs can and should do better than that.

If it was Ceci, Chabot, and a 1st you wouldn't do that? I'd do that for sure. Ceci is a fine top 4 defender and Chabot looks like he could top out as a top pairing guy and you get another 1st. I think that would a pretty decent deal for is.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
If it was Ceci, Chabot, and a 1st you wouldn't do that? I'd do that for sure. Ceci is a fine top 4 defender and Chabot looks like he could top out as a top pairing guy and you get another 1st. I think that would a pretty decent deal for is.

If Chabot's in the deal I probably would but I wouldn't want Ceci as the lone defenseman back for Duchene. I doubt the Sens trade both though.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005

Couple of names surprised me on there.

George Parros and Bill McCreary are both employed by the NHL? Anyone know the stories on those two? I've always liked both, although I know some around here never cared much for McCreary as a ref, I always found him to be pretty fair and more importantly...consistent.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
If Chabot's in the deal I probably would but I wouldn't want Ceci as the lone defenseman back for Duchene. I doubt the Sens trade both though.

I'd make the deal. I have confidence in Ceci as at least a top-4 defensemen, even if he's a #4, and getting Chabot + 1st would be really nice moving forward. Having two 1st round picks + Chabot, Jost, Greer, Compher, Bigras, and Martin on the way with the possibility of Meloche and Beaudin is enticing.

A Zadorov-Ceci pairing wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Couple of names surprised me on there.

George Parros and Bill McCreary are both employed by the NHL? Anyone know the stories on those two? I've always liked both, although I know some around here never cared much for McCreary as a ref, I always found him to be pretty fair and more importantly...consistent.

McCreary is a friend of my dads. He's my favorite referee ever.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
You just know Habs fans automatically figured that "A level prospect" is Juulsen, which means Beaulieu, Juulsen, and a 1st is more than enough for Duchene.

If they were even so generous... They would want the Avs to take DD instead of Beaulieu.

Roster player, "top prospect", and a first is enough for Duchene.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It's a top five pick, so probably not MUCH more. What'd you have in mind?

That's not going to do it. We'll keep him for 2 years and move him for a rental package if that's the offer

I'd prefer a later first plus more assets than another top 5 pick. We need assets and if we aren't getting a top D in a one for one trade then we aren't going to do a one for one trade for one pick.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Probably wouldn't if it were after the lottery and we won the first or the second. But this week or next? Maybe. It's a gamble.

So if it's not 1st or 2nd, why on earth would we move Duchene for it? It'd have to be a guarantee of a top-2 pick for me to consider moving Duchene for Arizona's 1st

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

No he's not... don't be fooled by HF sens fans.

Also I'd be seriously surprised if Chabot turned into a top pairing defender. There's a lot of hype around that kid right now though.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
So if it's not 1st or 2nd, why on earth would we move Duchene for it? It'd have to be a guarantee of a top-2 pick for me to consider moving Duchene for Arizona's 1st

I don't think any of the teams in the guaranteed position to draft Hischier or Patrick would trade them for Duchene at this point. He's 26 and 2yrs from UFA. But a great asset nonetheless and one possibly worth rolling the dice of a lotto pick on. At least to a team like Arizona who have recently installed a Czar that is nauseated by youth and inexperience. Other cellar dwellers? Maybe not so much.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
No he's not... don't be fooled by HF sens fans.

Also I'd be seriously surprised if Chabot turned into a top pairing defender. There's a lot of hype around that kid right now though.

Every time I've seen him play he seems like a top 4 guy. And I said Chabot could top out as a top pairing guy, I think he has a really good shot at being a a good 2/3 kinda guy.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It's a top five pick, so probably not MUCH more. What'd you have in mind?

1st 2017 + Duclair + 2nd 2018

IF (and only if) we also trade Landy to another team for a young dman with 1st pairing potential.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I wonder if Sakic is ready to resign Duchene when his contract expires, because that return he wants isn't gonna happen. And he certainly wont get the return he wants when Duchene's contract is close to expiring. Is he just gonna let Duchene go as a free agent? Settle for less, or resign, those will be his 3 options.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad