Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 2017-18 Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Maybe it'll be a non-issue and business as usual once he's signed but I'm actually more worried about his reputation internally than what other teams, media, fans, etc think.

Who actually cares about his external rep? So, far there's no damage done internally between the players however this might change if he misses real games. We've seen Risto,Doughty Trouba and number of other guys either hold out or sign just before the actual start of the season. No bad blood between teammates.

What a miserable bunch we all are ! LOL. Am I the only one that thinks there is:
a) Hope
b) Positives

X Duchene will come to practice
X Zadorov will be sorted soon

Andrighetto - Mackinnon - Rantanen
Landeskog - Duchene - Yakupov
Wilson - Jost - Compher
Nieto - Soderberg - Comeau

Zadorov - Johnson
Barberio - Barrie
Cowen - Bigras

Varlamov
Bernier

will be very close to a play-off team. Have faith people. Don't forget what your old pal Sea Eagles said before the puck is dropped.

That bottom 4 will get eaten alive and our top pairing is nothing special.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Z's reputation is already damaged which is why people fail to acknowledge he even exists as part of the ROR return. Russians already don't get the benefit of the doubt, then throw in playing for two circus organizations and he doesn't have the points or the fancy stats to get national people in a lather. And I get the point of who cares as long as he's good for us but we see how the org reacts to people who hold out...

Don't think his reputation is damaged.

The truth is that he just has not developed as well as people would have hoped by now while ROR has surprised all the people who did not give a damn about the Avs (basically everyone around the league) with how good of a player he is (and always was).

Bad combination for the Avs. And I won't even argue that it is unfair. I think that is an accurate description of the current situation.

Now Zads has still a ton of upside left and has shown very encouraging glimpses last season but the only thing that matters is how he does on the ice over the next couple of years because people around the league have already more or less written him off and it is on him to change that narrative.

Again he started to do that before he got hurt.

Him missing camp is terrible for his development but yeah...

I am not gonna blame him for that. I am going to blame the guys that run into trouble when it comes to RFA negotiations everyother time with their top end talent...

The Avs should have the most interest in this being settled already but they haven't made that happen.

ROR, Barrie, Zads, Duchene...

If an organisation keeps running into troubles like that in this high of a frequency, I tend to give the player involved a bit of a pass.

Even if some people want to point to some comparables that I don't agree with to justify the Avs position..
Avs are a terrible organisation with little going for them. We are not the kind of organisation that gets to play hardball with their few top talents just to sign them to what the Avs feel are fair contracts but yet we keep doing that..

We should be the team that has to upset other GMs for slightly upping the market value because otherwise they would always lose all their top young talent...

I think other teams have noticed that as well.

Same thing with Pastrnak.

Pretty sure after Thornton, Kessel, Hamilton and Seguin, there is something to be said about the Bruins and the way they elected to run their franchise...

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Z's reputation is already damaged which is why people fail to acknowledge he even exists as part of the ROR return. Russians already don't get the benefit of the doubt, then throw in playing for two circus organizations and he doesn't have the points or the fancy stats to get national people in a lather. And I get the point of who cares as long as he's good for us but we see how the org reacts to people who hold out...

To who? The media? They're idiots when it comes to anything Avs related.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Everything is going to be ok guys and the train is still running on its track. We will re-sign Big Z, 250,000 giver or take and Duchene will have to show up tomorrow. Dont worry, Sakic got our back

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
We are talking Duchene, aren't we?

Because him holding out would not look good for his reputation given that he is under contract.

Guaranteed that the whole NHL, including other GMs, will understand if Duchene doesn't show up and will not hold it against him.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Guaranteed that the whole NHL, including other GMs, will understand if Duchene doesn't show up and will not hold it against him.

Guaranteed that the whole NHL, including other GMs, will remember if Duchene doesn't show up and will hold it against him.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
I think it's already over, even if he signs , he's outta here

So I guess we really should be looking forward to the draft

Please do share with us what knowledge you have that we don't? Even this summer when
Contract negotiations weren't even close between zadorov and the avs, he had Good things to say and positive vibes about the avalanche team/org. There is no evidence to support the theory Zadorov will absolutely not resign with the avs after this probable bridge contract. These types of posts are cringe worthy. I understand these are tough times for us fans, but the downward spiral in self image around here is not productive at all. Let's let things unfold more before jumping to such drastic conclusions :D

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
2 team can do this trade
Colombus Murray+Bjork+1
Nashville Fabbro+Fiala +1 and Sakic trade Fabbro to Colombus for Murray(colombus have a big need for RHD and too much LHD)

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Someone with photoshop skills should put Duchene's face on this, change the Wally to Matty, and put Sakic's or Avs phone number at the bottom

70630c403c281384c5b2d601fd8b2de7--milk-cartons.jpg

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
Soedy ok i can understand but we have absolutly need a LHD and with Makar,Meloche ,Mironov and Timmins RHD for the futur is ok.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Someone with photoshop skills should put Duchene's face on this, change the Wally to Matty, and put Sakic's or Avs phone number at the bottom

70630c403c281384c5b2d601fd8b2de7--milk-cartons.jpg

I didn't read your directions very well. Nor do I have time to fix it lol. Plus I used paint and not photoshop

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Z still not signed. Stop worrying guys. He will decide mid August.

Yeah no worries guys, Sakic is still hoping he shows up, still hoping somebody gives us a top defenseman, prospect and first for Matty and probably still hoping we win the Stanley Cup this year.

He's put in all the work, the only thing left to do is sit around and hope stuff works out. I hope he's right.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007

"We offered him a contract. It is his choice to take it or leave it. Obviously Z has chosen to leave it. So if anyone is looking for a defenseman with top pairing potential, I am listening to offers. The ask is a young LH defenseman with top pair potential, a high pick, a high end prospect, and Patrick Roy's email address so I can verify the quality of the offer. " - Sakic

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I seriously doubt Duchene fails to show up. That's just bad PR for him. He'll be on the ice this morning.

I also don't believe we'll see him traded until the offseason. That's when his value could rise some, given he could sign an extension with a new team. That depends on him though.

Anyway, hockey's back. Hooray beer.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I seriously doubt Duchene fails to show up. That's just bad PR for him. He'll be on the ice this morning.

I also don't believe we'll see him traded until the offseason. That's when his value could rise some, given he could sign an extension with a new team. That depends on him though.

Anyway, hockey's back. Hooray beer.

klIlXi.gif

All things considered, I'm kind of surprised that Duchene is in Denver. As Brisson continued to not give an answer to that question over the last few days, I had been expecting him to not show up.

Zadorov not being there sucks, but I guess the Avs can attempt to find some solace in the fact that they're not the only team dealing w/ an RFA holdout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad