Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 2017-18 Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Maybe a Duchene trade happens in 2017...

anigif_enhanced-5306-1410689724-1.gif

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
This will be Duchene in couple of years when he walks as a UFA

FreeAtLast-New-Logo.jpg

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Don't be such pessimists guys, we at least know the Duchene situation will be over by 2019!

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Matt Duchene is the player the Avalanche deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

HOLY ****!!! Matt Duchene is Batman!

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I'd just like to get in now that Zadorov not being signed and on the team for the start of training camp - even before considering if it's over 500k or some such amount - is completely inexcusable and a much more damning indictment of Sakic's ability as a GM than anything to do with Duchene. I'm sure anyone who cares knows my thoughts on Duchene, but you can at least excuse him not being moved because if the return isn't there we don't have to and shouldn't, but Zadorov is much worse. For him to be the highest profile defensive prospect (I say that in the broader sense of the word rather than just a pre-NHL player) on the team, for him to have been the focal point of the O'Reilly trade, for him to not be signed up immediately after something of a breakthrough season, when the defence is as bad and as sparse as it is? Forget whatever NCAA non-entities he's enticed with guaranteed playing time on the worst team in the league, this is the sort of thing Sakic's record is determined by. For him to not get it done given the available details of the situation, no, sorry. Not acceptable or redeemable at all.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
I'd just like to get in now that Zadorov not being signed and on the team for the start of training camp - even before considering if it's over 500k or some such amount - is completely inexcusable and a much more damning indictment of Sakic's ability as a GM than anything to do with Duchene. I'm sure anyone who cares knows my thoughts on Duchene, but you can at least excuse him not being moved because if the return isn't there we don't have to and shouldn't, but Zadorov is much worse. For him to be the highest profile defensive prospect (I say that in the broader sense of the word rather than just a pre-NHL player) on the team, for him to have been the focal point of the O'Reilly trade, for him to not be signed up immediately after something of a breakthrough season, when the defence is as bad and as sparse as it is? Forget whatever NCAA non-entities he's enticed with guaranteed playing time on the worst team in the league, this is the sort of thing Sakic's record is determined by. For him to not get it done given the available details of the situation, no, sorry. Not acceptable or redeemable at all.

I agree with you. More egregious than the Duchene issue.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

I agree with this, but I hate making any hard determination based on so little info. Sakic needs to shuv his ego for a minute and pay Zadorov. You can't set a precedent, but you can still be fair and bend without coming off weak.

If the rumors are true. 2.5M instead of 2M for the Russian tax is fine.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
We have no cap issues and not really any other young dmen that are RFA's looking to get paid in the next couple years so I'm astonished that they haven't signed Zadorov yet assuming that he's asking for less than $3M.

Also, that Jared Cowen PTO completely lacks vision. At least give it to a player that might fit.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
I don't see what the fuss is about if Duchene does not show up tomorrow, he didn't show up the entire second half of the season last year.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
How funny is this quote by EJ:

“I think we’ll be loads better,” Johnson said. “We’re going to have our starting goalie back. We’re going to have youthful enthusiasm; I think those guys are going to bring a lot of energy. A lot of it is probably addition by subtraction. We’re definitely going to be quicker, and a lot of those guys from the minors are going to be hungry to earn a job. Just top to bottom, it’s going to be a more youthful group.”
Nice knowing you, Beauchemin and Iginla.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
I really do love EJ. Here's to hoping he can stay healthy and be a force for the avs for many years

His mcscroodge tweet when oreilly got paid before arbitration might be GOAT

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
EJ also said he is the most tenured Avs player. So include Duchene too! ;)

I don't see what the fuss is about if Duchene does not show up tomorrow, he didn't show up the entire second half of the season last year.

2nd Nomination for post of the year goes to ^^^

(we really should have that poll in early January)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad