Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 2017-18 Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
This is quickly becoming my favorite package even possible personally.

I'm pretty high on Larsson as well. He's that typcial Swedish defender in that he's been so well trained in the small details of the game that it's almost effortless for him. Like Lindholm for us but he has so much more skill to go along with that attention to detail.

I'm not sure Larsson has #1D potential but I do think he could be a top pairing guy one day and would be a really fantastic add to our back end.

The 1st from Anaheim would almost certainly be in the low 20s with Duchene but I dont really care. This years draft is very deep and we'd still have an opportunity to draft a quality prospect with that pick and it would allow us to get a Dman and a forward(Or perhaps a Goalie?) out of the first round next year.

I like Jones because of his physicality but I'm not convinced he's going to be a Top 6 player in the NHL. I still added him because of that physical game and size he would bring which could be huge for our bottom 6 in the future if nothing else. As was already suggested a 3rd line that had Greer and Jones on the wing would be the toughest line to face in hockey regardless of the Center.

But if it meant getting Larsson and the 1st I'd move off of Jones to someone like Comtois instead.

Yeah, the more I think about it the more this deal grows on me. And it really makes a tonne of sense for both sides. Duchene would make for the perfect 2C behind Getzlaf and give Anaheim some ridiculous Center depth with Kesler as the shutdown pot stirring 3C. And with Lindholm/Fowler signed long term they have to recognize at some point Larsson will want an opportunity he might not be able to get in Anaheim.

Come on Joe, two scouts at the game last night is a pretty strong possibility that talks are occurring between the two sides. Make this happen.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I'd be fine with young defenseman+1st at this point, don't even worry about a B forward prospect if that's the sticking point for teams. The defenseman is the key, nobody expects the B prospect to be critical to the deal being good or bad. The two pieces we universally want are the young LHD and the 1st. Just take those, and forget Jones/Anderson/whoever if that turns the 1st into a 2nd.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
So Sakic's plan here is for Duchene to have a bounce back season, and up his value so Sakic get's his price in a trade.

This could backfire. Big time.

Or maybe Sakic knows that the Avs will be a lottery team and could draft Dahlin which will fix their d problems with Dahlin, Makar, EJ, Zadorov, Barrie, and they don't have to trade Duchene for a d-man anymore, then maybe they'll try to resign him or trade him for a forward.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
So Lebrun is suggesting that Shea Theodore might be available because he is the only Vegas defenseman that is AHL eligible but McPhee thinks that would be a waste? A poster on another board posted that LeBrun stated this on the radio. Not sure I by the logic, but he would be an interesting addition. Not sure of the price.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
So Lebrun is suggesting that Shea Theodore might be available because he is the only Vegas defenseman that is AHL eligible but McPhee thinks that would be a waste? A poster on another board posted that LeBrun stated this on the radio. Not sure I by the logic, but he would be an interesting addition. Not sure of the price.

Yeah let me call ******** on that one.

I mean sure if McPhee gets an offer he can not refuse, he would probably trade Theodore.

But he sure as hell isn't shopping him around just to not lose Griffin Reinhart or Clayton Stoner to waivers.

Don't see that at all....

He is their best young D prospect by quite a margin aside from Brannstrom...

He probably is just listening to offers... :sarcasm:

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

I could have sworn McPhee made it very clear during the offseason that they were not trading Theodore.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Yeah let me call ******** on that one.

I mean sure if McPhee gets an offer he can not refuse, he would probably trade Theodore.

But he sure as hell isn't shopping him around just to not lose Griffin Reinhart or Clayton Stoner to waivers.

Don't see that at all....

He is their best young D prospect by quite a margin aside from Brannstrom...

He probably is just listening to offers... :sarcasm:

It's George McPhee. Don't doubt who that man will trade and for what.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
This is quickly becoming my favorite package even possible personally.

I'm pretty high on Larsson as well. He's that typcial Swedish defender in that he's been so well trained in the small details of the game that it's almost effortless for him. Like Lindholm for us but he has so much more skill to go along with that attention to detail.

I'm not sure Larsson has #1D potential but I do think he could be a top pairing guy one day and would be a really fantastic add to our back end.

The 1st from Anaheim would almost certainly be in the low 20s with Duchene but I dont really care. This years draft is very deep and we'd still have an opportunity to draft a quality prospect with that pick and it would allow us to get a Dman and a forward(Or perhaps a Goalie?) out of the first round next year.

I like Jones because of his physicality but I'm not convinced he's going to be a Top 6 player in the NHL. I still added him because of that physical game and size he would bring which could be huge for our bottom 6 in the future if nothing else. As was already suggested a 3rd line that had Greer and Jones on the wing would be the toughest line to face in hockey regardless of the Center.

But if it meant getting Larsson and the 1st I'd move off of Jones to someone like Comtois instead.

Yeah, the more I think about it the more this deal grows on me. And it really makes a tonne of sense for both sides. Duchene would make for the perfect 2C behind Getzlaf and give Anaheim some ridiculous Center depth with Kesler as the shutdown pot stirring 3C. And with Lindholm/Fowler signed long term they have to recognize at some point Larsson will want an opportunity he might not be able to get in Anaheim.

Come on Joe, two scouts at the game last night is a pretty strong possibility that talks are occurring between the two sides. Make this happen.

Yea I think our line up would be pretty sick in this move.
Ritchie Getzlaf Eaves
Rakell Duchene Perry
Cogliano Kesler Silfverberg
Wagner Vermette whoever.

Lindholm Montour
Fowler Manson
Bieska Vatanen

As for jones... I mean wed hope he can become like a Simmonds/landy type but I think hell end up a 2nd/3rd line winger who will bring a physical edge. He does have a good shot tho, and good skater, good physical attributes... goes to dirty areas. Hes been arguably our best player during the preseason(not really saying much tho). Comtois is a lot like jones, but with better hands... hes pretty raw at this point but I think hes got some solid upside.

And I agree about Larsson... he could become a top pairing dmen ... hes got the skating, instincts and isn't afraid to play physical... idk if he can become a #1 but a potential pairing of Larsson + Makar in the future doesn't sound all that bad either.

I cant imagine Theodore would be moved... that would be the most questionable thing vegas has done up to date.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yea I think our line up would be pretty sick in this move.
Ritchie Getzlaf Eaves
Rakell Duchene Perry
Cogliano Kesler Silfverberg
Wagner Vermette whoever.

Lindholm Montour
Fowler Manson
Bieska Vatanen

As for jones... I mean wed hope he can become like a Simmonds/landy type but I think hell end up a 2nd/3rd line winger who will bring a physical edge. He does have a good shot tho, and good skater, good physical attributes... goes to dirty areas. Hes been arguably our best player during the preseason(not really saying much tho). Comtois is a lot like jones, but with better hands... hes pretty raw at this point but I think hes got some solid upside.

And I agree about Larsson... he could become a top pairing dmen ... hes got the skating, instincts and isn't afraid to play physical... idk if he can become a #1 but a potential pairing of Larsson + Makar in the future doesn't sound all that bad either.

I cant imagine Theodore would be moved... that would be the most questionable thing vegas has done up to date.

How dare you come to our board over here and not talk down at least on of our players, where are your manners??

In all seriousness though, I think a Ducks-Avs deal really makes a lot of sense and I really would like to see something happen. A Larsson, 1st, Comtois/Jones type deal really would be good for both sides I think.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
The best thing that could happen to the Avs is if they win the lottery and draft Dahlin, then package Duchene+Barrie for a really good center. I know that will be tough to do with salary cap for a team to take on both Duchene and Barrie, but maybe there will be a team that can do it. I have a strong feeling Makar is gonna be a real good player in the NHL, if that happens, in couple of years Avs will have a real good top 4 d, i'm also counting on Zadorov to become at least a legit 2nd pair guy.

Dahlin-EJ
Zadorov-Makar

Yeah there will be question marks mostly regarding Zadorov and Makar, but i think they both will at very least be a real good 2nd pair d-men, then that top 4 is set for many years.

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
The best thing that could happen to the Avs is if they win the lottery and draft Dahlin, then package Duchene+Barrie for a really good center. I know that will be tough to do with salary cap for a team to take on both Duchene and Barrie, but maybe there will be a team that can do it. I have a strong feeling Makar is gonna be a real good player in the NHL, if that happens, in couple of years Avs will have a real good top 4 d, i'm also counting on Zadorov to become at least a legit 2nd pair guy.

Dahlin-EJ
Zadorov-Makar

Yeah there will be question marks mostly regarding Zadorov and Makar, but i think they both will at very least be a real good 2nd pair d-men, then that top 4 is set for many years.

This is kind of the dream, but I would keep Z and EJ together. Roll Dahlin and Makar as our second unit. By the end of the year maybe they could become the 1st unit

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
A CBJ poster is claiming that Brad Smith is attending the CBJ-Pittsburgh preseason game tonight in Columbus.

Notably for CBJ, Dubois, Abramov, and Milano are in, but no Murray or Carlsson.

For Pittsburgh, notables include Maata, Sprong, and Pouliot.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
A CBJ poster is claiming that Brad Smith is attending the CBJ-Pittsburgh preseason game tonight in Columbus.

Yeah if we could just get a pure futures package then that'd be great. I don't trust this pro-scouting staff to pick out what NHLers to trade for.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York

Notably for CBJ, Dubois, Abramov, and Milano are in, but no Murray or Carlsson.

For Pittsburgh, notables include Maata, Sprong, and Pouliot.

Could that indicate the slightest bit that Duchene could be traded in the next couple of days?

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Could that indicate the slightest bit that Duchene could be traded in the next couple of days?

I seriously doubt it. I can't see why last week a trade wouldn't have been made, and then all of a sudden Columbus just decides to include the piece that Sakic wanted.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Larsson+Jones+1st would be a great package. I'm still holding out hope Calgary will pull something off involving Dougie Hamilton, though. That'd be the dream. Then we could move Barrie or EJ for a forward+prospects and still retain a strong right side on defense.

Edit: Hench - I remember you said Hamilton has had issues in the locker room before. Do you think those issues would persist if he were to be traded to the Avs?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->