Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 2017-18 Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Nothing new from McKenzie on Duchene. He just says the Avs are still trying to trade him and mentioned the Preds and BJs as two of the teams interested. Same **** we've been hearing for 6+ months.

Last edited:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I have a feeling Avs trying to trade Duchene is Joe Sakic answering the phone if it calls.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
What the hell is going on with this team....? Duchene might not report to camp and Zadorov remains unsigned.

I'm so over this ****. :rant:

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I have a feeling Avs trying to trade Duchene is Joe Sakic answering the phone if it calls.

He keeps saying that he is listening to calls like always.

I have never got the sense that Sakic is the kind of GM that calls around to discuss and propose random deals with other GMs...

I don't think he does that whole negotiating thing at all tbh.

He probably has a price that is known throughout the league (say top4 D + 1st round pick + prospects) and waits for teams to make him offers that fit that template (maybe he has more than one of these)

Then he will decide if he likes the deal or not (it is no all the time) and then responds with no thank you.

End of discussion.

That is atleast how I envision things to go down in Avsland...

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The Duchene situation is a different animal so who knows what happens there but I really hope Zadorov shows up and joins his teammates for the start of camp. The players probably respect the business side but whether fair or not, there's already a certain reputation there from the Sabres days and now you add the KHL threat and missing the captain's practices/skates. I just think it'll be a good look for him if he's there and ready to go.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The Duchene situation is a different animal so who knows what happens there but I really hope Zadorov shows up and joins his teammates for the start of camp. The players probably respect the business side but whether fair or not, there's already a certain reputation there from the Sabres days and now you add the KHL threat and missing the captain's practices/skates. I just think it'll be a good look for him if he's there and ready to go.

any sort of credit or respect around the league Z had is now gone. If he actually holds out then the hope of ever getting it back gets lit on fire too.

Hmmm

Feb 26, 2017
I hope they both show, which will lift the rest of the team for sure.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
any sort of credit or respect around the league Z had is now gone. If he actually holds out then the hope of ever getting it back gets lit on fire too.

Maybe it'll be a non-issue and business as usual once he's signed but I'm actually more worried about his reputation internally than what other teams, media, fans, etc think.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm curious if when push comes to shove, Zads doesn't show up to camp contract or no, like Ristolainen did last summer.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
We are talking Duchene, aren't we?

Because him holding out would not look good for his reputation given that he is under contract.

Zadorov?

I don't think other GMs give a damn about him holding out on this mess of an organisation right now...

He is far from the only RFA left unsigned at the start of training camp (happens every year) and has already shown that he is not exactly a KHL flight risiko (otherwise he would already be there...).

He is a RFA stuck on a terribly managed organisation that has a history of completely bungling RFA negotiations who unfortunately does not have arbitration rights...

Don't think it would hurt his reputation one bit down the road tbh..
Just makes it more likely that he won't be an Avalanche player forever.

If he develops the way the Avs hope he does, teams won't give a damn about his "history". Same way no one cares about the way ROR behaved on his previous team anymore...

If he does not live up to his potential and becomes a disappoinment, the narrative about him will always be the bust or the failure that the Avs got in return for ROR...

Noone will care if he held out once or whether he was late once or twice to a teammeeting in Buffalo.

He won't get a big contract anyways if that happens. Hold out or not.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
What a miserable bunch we all are ! LOL. Am I the only one that thinks there is:
a) Hope
b) Positives

X Duchene will come to practice
X Zadorov will be sorted soon

Andrighetto - Mackinnon - Rantanen
Landeskog - Duchene - Yakupov
Wilson - Jost - Compher
Nieto - Soderberg - Comeau

Zadorov - Johnson
Barberio - Barrie
Cowen - Bigras

Varlamov
Bernier

will be very close to a play-off team. Have faith people. Don't forget what your old pal Sea Eagles said before the puck is dropped.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Z's reputation is already damaged which is why people fail to acknowledge he even exists as part of the ROR return. Russians already don't get the benefit of the doubt, then throw in playing for two circus organizations and he doesn't have the points or the fancy stats to get national people in a lather. And I get the point of who cares as long as he's good for us but we see how the org reacts to people who hold out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad