Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 2016-17 Part XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
If they're just swapping Barrie for Hamonic then I wouldn't mind that but I'd prefer they just move Barrie for the biggest futures package they can get.

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014
With the loss of Neal and an already pretty weak forward group, I can't believe Poile isn't on the phone to try to get Duchene. Sakic shouldn't even ask for one of their top 4 dmen because they are old, just ask for a nice package.

Fabbro, Kamenev, 2017 1st

Close or no way?

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada

Close or no way?

That's a bit too risky, Fabbro isn't looking like too much of a certainty. I want a futures package if it has a high-end potential guy in it like Chabot or Sergachev but I think you need at least one player you know can play if you trade Duchene for an uncertainty. Maybe Fiala instead of Kamenev or the 1st.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Ideally we get a partner for Barrie and don't trade him. I really don't think value coming back for Barrie will be worth it.

Duchene sure whatever he doesn't want to be here (and rightfully so) but Barrie has time left.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
It's a late 1st, so I would think the Avs would want an additional asset (another draft pick or player like Sissons).

Agreed. Either that or make Kamenev Fiala...

I'd also gamble on a 2018 1st with Nashville. I like them but I'm not sure they'd make the cup finals again next year even with Duchene.

A ~20-25 1st in 2018 would be a lot more valuable than a #30 1st this year.

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014
It's a late 1st, so I would think the Avs would want an additional asset (another draft pick or player like Sissons).

Sissons instead of Kamenev? or in addition to? I don't think that we could afford to lose both from a depth standpoint.

I also don't think that Poile would trade Fiala; especially after losing Neal. We literally have zero top-9 winger depth now.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Agreed. Either that or make Kamenev Fiala...

I'd also gamble on a 2018 1st with Nashville. I like them but I'm not sure they'd make the cup finals again next year even with Duchene.

A ~20-25 1st in 2018 would be a lot more valuable than a #30 1st this year.

I could have swore I had read somewhere that there was legitimate concern to Fiala's injury being something with serious future implications (like, I thought that I had read somewhere that someone had said they were worried about his life and mobility outside of hockey, let alone playing again); is that not the case?

Regardless, not sure they would include Fiala, the point would be add to a top-6 that includes Fiala.

If the Avs press for a 2018 1st, it should be under the mindset that 30th overall is basically a 2nd rounder.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
If they're just swapping Barrie for Hamonic then I wouldn't mind that but I'd prefer they just move Barrie for the biggest futures package they can get.

You are an absolute fool if you "wouldn't mind that". Don'd drink the koolaid man

TheJungleHunter

Jun 6, 2017
Nashville, TN

I don't think the Preds would trade Fiala as we're really expecting him to pick up for Neal's production next season. Losing Neal & Fiala would mean we lose both of our Second line wings.

Also, we'd likely only deal one of Kamanev & Sissons, as we kept Jarnkrök to protect our Center depth since Fisher is likely retiring. We'd need one of Kamanev or Sissons to step up anyway, so we couldn't afford to trade both.

However, another pick, prospect, or current young winger may be doable with a Fabbro + Kamanev/Sissons + 2017 or 2018 1st.

If I'm Poile, I overspend a little to get a much-needed player who seems to want to be in Nashville.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Imo no other team is going to view Fleury as highly as Car will. If you are Car and you truly believe he will be a top 4 guy, then it makes more sense to trade a current top 4 guy for what you need and replace the hole with Fleury. At the end of the day its the same roster spot but the current guy is worth 5x as much.

True. But an argument could be made from an Avs perspective that if you don't get a deal you like you might be better off in holding on to Duchene in the hope that he comes back this year and raises his value to where it was before last season.

Similarly, an argument could be made that if Canes don't get a trade they really like they should hold off for a year. Three of our top 4 d-men are still on ELCs, and value for current top 4, as well as Fleury/ Bean, could be much higher next year.

All considerations are dependent on the cost/ benefit of RFs options for adding offense this summer. But I don't see RF making a deal out of desperation. With good goaltending last year we were probably a playoff team. Hopefully that's solved with Darling coming in. And it's not at all unreasonable to project nice boosts in scoring next season from both Aho and Lindholm (who looked like a different player the last half of the season). It's possible (although not preferable) that RF could tread water for a season using UFAs and whatever he can pick up with the plethora of picks/ prospects we've got and make the big move we all think we need next season (or mid year) instead of this summer.

Either way, this could be an interesting summer.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA

Close or no way?

No way, they are within the Division so you ask for the moon. Its not about a fair deal. You ask for a truckload. If they want Duchene you make them go all in and ask for 2 extra pieces on top of that.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Fleury+12+something is WAY more appealing than what Nashville appears to be willing to offer.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
To be fair, the Avs are a vault when it comes to this stuff. Doubt we'll hear anything until it happens.

I mean, I don't want Joe to rush a trade. But if the rumours of all the missed deals are to be believed, Joe has been way too hesitant and gun shy. The team could look much different (for the better), but Joe seems to be the type who will only take the perfect deal.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
True. But an argument could be made from an Avs perspective that if you don't get a deal you like you might be better off in holding on to Duchene in the hope that he comes back this year and raises his value to where it was before last season.

Similarly, an argument could be made that if Canes don't get a trade they really like they should hold off for a year. Three of our top 4 d-men are still on ELCs, and value for current top 4, as well as Fleury/ Bean, could be much higher next year.

All considerations are dependent on the cost/ benefit of RFs options for adding offense this summer. But I don't see RF making a deal out of desperation. With good goaltending last year we were probably a playoff team. Hopefully that's solved with Darling coming in. And it's not at all unreasonable to project nice boosts in scoring next season from both Aho and Lindholm (who looked like a different player the last half of the season). It's possible (although not preferable) that RF could tread water for a season using UFAs and whatever he can pick up with the plethora of picks/ prospects we've got and make the big move we all think we need next season (or mid year) instead of this summer.

Either way, this could be an interesting summer.

I agree with 100% of what you said. Only thing I will note is that Car has so many good dmen they will need to move one eventually. Waiting may both raise and lower their value in some ways so itll be a fun balancing act.

The other question is will there be just as good of a player available by the time their values are maximized, or does that even matter. Fun puzzle for sure.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I could have swore I had read somewhere that there was legitimate concern to Fiala's injury being something with serious future implications (like, I thought that I had read somewhere that someone had said they were worried about his life and mobility outside of hockey, let alone playing again); is that not the case?

Regardless, not sure they would include Fiala, the point would be add to a top-6 that includes Fiala.

If the Avs press for a 2018 1st, it should be under the mindset that 30th overall is basically a 2nd rounder.

I had never heard anything about it before. A broken Femur is definitely a pretty serious injury but I think he should be able to make a full recovery from it.

Although I do agree that I doubt Nashville wants to include him in the trade, especially after just losing Neal.

But without him I would need more than Fabbro + Kamenev + #30 I think. Would like to try and grab Girard from them as well, but that's probably asking for too much as well.

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
Sakic has until draft imo or he needs to be canned. You cant tell me they havent gotten one good offer at the tdl or now. Sakic will have overplayed his hand horribly

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Fleury+12+something is WAY more appealing than what Nashville appears to be willing to offer.

I tend to agree, especially if what we've been reading about Fleury is true. Fleury + 12 + Roy appears to be a good package.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I don't think the Preds would trade Fiala as we're really expecting him to pick up for Neal's production next season. Losing Neal & Fiala would mean we lose both of our Second line wings.

Also, we'd likely only deal one of Kamanev & Sissons, as we kept Jarnkrök to protect our Center depth since Fisher is likely retiring. We'd need one of Kamanev or Sissons to step up anyway, so we couldn't afford to trade both.

However, another pick, prospect, or current young winger may be doable with a Fabbro + Kamanev/Sissons + 2017 or 2018 1st.

If I'm Poile, I overspend a little to get a much-needed player who seems to want to be in Nashville.

Fabbro + Kamanev/Sissons + 2017 1st AND 2018 1st?

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

Getting Duchene, Nashville needs to add Fiala in the trade. Prospects from the NYI and Car are better quality. Losing Neal in the Expansion and Fiala due to injury until later this year, Preds will badly need a scoring Forward. Few if any are more proven than Duchene or lesser Galy or RNH. They need to have a strong start to keep pace in the toughest division in hockey and adding another prospect might be enough to trade for Duchene.

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
No way, they are within the Division so you ask for the moon. Its not about a fair deal. You ask for a truckload. If they want Duchene you make them go all in and ask for 2 extra pieces on top of that.

I disagree with that logic. Were too far away to worry about our division. We need to get best value regardless of which team its from

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad