Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 2016-17 Part XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Is Dreger ****ing stupid? He has said like every day for the last year and a half that if Duchene is moved it will be for a defenseman.

Dreger has been clueless for a very long time now. Never take what he says seriously.

As for the Hurricanes, good luck improving your scoring by moving picks/prospects. Don't see it happening.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
It's not his opinion, he says Preds don't want to trade D.

It seems like no team wants to trade a D.

If anything this should reinforce some draft day decisions. If you want defensemen in today's NHL, draft them and develop them yourself.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
What was this past season then?

When a player struggled its it always due to mental issues... come on Ivan.

When Duchene had his issues he'd just spin and hog the puck in the offensive zone. There wasn't much of that last season.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
So we thought the 2 remaining teams were Nashville and Carolina but neither want to trade established D, which is what Joe wants apparently.

Doesn't look good.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
I'd start with their 1st rounder in 2018. If they weren't willing to part with it, then move on.

I can't believe that Francis would have a problem starting there.

But out of curiosity, why 2018 instead of 2017? Canes 1st this year is #12oa. We already picked up Darling in goal, definitely our biggest need. We're bringing back almost all of our roster from last season. If we did pick up Duchene, gotta believe that our 2018 pick is going to be lower than this year's (and maybe much lower).

I know that this year's draft class is weak at the very top (no likely generational players), but my impression is that there is some good talent through the middle of the 1st, maybe no worse than a typical year? But I'm certainly no expert, am I off on that point?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Both McKenzie and Friedman seem to think Hamonic is getting traded soon.

He's probably not a fit here because of his age and the direction the Avs appear to be headed in but I think he'll be a good pick up somewhere. A lot of people have been trashing his game recently but he's still a top four guy.

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
I can't believe that Francis would have a problem starting there.

But out of curiosity, why 2018 instead of 2017? Canes 1st this year is #12oa. We already picked up Darling in goal, definitely our biggest need. We're bringing back almost all of our roster from last season. If we did pick up Duchene, gotta believe that our 2018 pick is going to be lower than this year's (and maybe much lower).

I know that this year's draft class is weak at the very top (no likely generational players), but my impression is that there is some good talent through the middle of the 1st, maybe no worse than a typical year? But I'm certainly no expert, am I off on that point?
Next years draft is supposed to be amazing

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Better not be for Duchene.

If Ham's coming to Colorado, it better be for Soda, Grigs, and the like.

Yeah, not knocking the value, just the fit with Colorado.

Older than Duchene and a RHD making $4.5 M AAV with EJ and Barrie as RHDs already making $11.5 M AAV.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Its only better for both sides if the Avs get an adequate return. Sakic has shown time and time again he will do right by his players, but if there isn't a deal to be made then there isn't one to be made and at that point thats all that matters.

Well yah. I'm not saying give up Duchene for a bag of POGS or anything but he needs to go and we need to get something great in return.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Last edited:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
With the loss of Neal and an already pretty weak forward group, I can't believe Poile isn't on the phone to try to get Duchene. Sakic shouldn't even ask for one of their top 4 dmen because they are old, just ask for a nice package.

viach

Aug 5, 2007
He's probably not a fit here because of his age and the direction the Avs appear to be headed in but I think he'll be a good pick up somewhere. A lot of people have been trashing his game recently but he's still a top four guy.

so disappointing :shakehead Prefer a CDH deal ++
Not sure Duchene is going to be deal today:(

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/nhl/carolina-hurricanes/article146365064.html
Keep in mind that it's a Raleigh newspaper, so make any "bias adjustments" accordingly.

http://www.gocheckers.com/articles/...rong-development-after-full-year-in-charlotte
And this one is from the Checkers PR department, so even more bias, but at least it's something.

Imo no other team is going to view Fleury as highly as Car will. If you are Car and you truly believe he will be a top 4 guy, then it makes more sense to trade a current top 4 guy for what you need and replace the hole with Fleury. At the end of the day its the same roster spot but the current guy is worth 5x as much.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
so disappointing :shakehead Prefer a CDH deal ++
Not sure Duchene is going to be deal today:(

It makes no sense for the Avs to move Duchene before tomorrow. Could be a lot of implications for the Avs depending on who is at 4OA as well as who is still there for other teams picks.

If Avs love Miro and he is there then they may take him no matter what. However if a guy like Nolan drops to 4 then all of a sudden Avs could trade down and get a major piece that way.

Also if there is a pick coming back in the Duchene deal then they may want to see if a guy they want is still available or not and if that changes anything.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Friedman still feels Barrie's name is out there. I'm surprised his name is still circulating.

Represented by Newport, and they took him through an arbitration hearing last summer. Anytime a team and player actually have a hearing, it seems like the relationship will not be long term. I would still be surprised by the timing at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->