Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 2016-17 Part XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
You would hope that Duchene would act in his own self-interest, which is to play hard and well. He does after all have another contract coming up in two years.

He is a professional athlete in his prime making millions and soon to be married, I have no doubts based on everything I have seen from Duchene that would indicate he would act in anything less than a professional manner.

If someone refuses to act in their own self-interests, I really do not know what to say.

He also proved to be his own worst enemy, a mental midget of sorts.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Sure you can. Any relationship can be mended. Far more **** went down between Doug Wilson and Joe Thornton, and they somehow managed to work it out.

Avs are rebuilding and Duchene has no time for that at this stage of his career. He's ready to go and I think it has to happen this offseason.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
I'm not saying settle for table scraps, I'm saying the price should be lowered so we can still get part of what we want. If the best offer out there is 2 high end prospects + a 1st, I say go for it. Or a roster dman + a 1st. Those aren't table scraps, and teams would likely be able to pay those prices.

oh absolutely, I'm just not sure those offers have been there. All I'm saying is that Duchene being on the roster next season isn't as bad as several people here are preaching. Shift him to wing and let him score goals in tight and take strong side face-offs and publicly say duchene is no longer on the trade block. Listen to offers but dont actively shop him all season. Alternatively, sit duchene down and tell him he needs to return to form if he wants to be traded. A little quid quo pro.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
He also proved to be his own worst enemy, a mental midget of sorts.

Sure, he may just be unable to deal with the adverse circumstances and pressure, although I have no doubt that he cares greatly and would provide effort.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
You would hope that Duchene would act in his own self-interest, which is to play hard and well. He does after all have another contract coming up in two years.

He is a professional athlete in his prime making millions and soon to be married, I have no doubts based on everything I have seen from Duchene that would indicate he would act in anything less than a professional manner.

If someone refuses to act in their own self-interests, I really do not know what to say.

There is just way too much BS narrative around the subject. All the rumors obviously had a large impact on Duchene. However over his career his goal scoring rate has always been 1st line quality, but its his assists that have not kept up, mostly because he has been played with 4th liners throughout his career in Colorado. The Avs are going to have a lot of young talented players in the NHL next year, more so than in past years, and while Bednars system is murder for forwards point totals, you should see him rebound if he stays, which again is very unlikely.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I don't think there is a great fit, but it would be something like Fabbro, Fiala + 2018 1st

If the Avs move Duchene to NSH though I would view that as a serious loss on the Avs side though. I'd rather not move him at all.

Its best for both sides to move on. I don't want to lose Matt but its very clear he wants to win now and we are far from that at this point. He needs to leave and we need to get some good pieces back for him.

Avs44

May 16, 2011

Well then they aren't very interested.

No interest in trading Duchene there for Fabbro+. They can take a hike. Good luck improving an offense that needed upgrading before losing James Neal while retaining all defenders.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
So if we were hypothetically going to trade Duchene for picks and prospects (aka not Hanifin) to Carolina, what would be an acceptable return?

I wouldn't settle for anything less than Roy + Fleury + 2017 1st. It would be a big ask since there aren't any surefire NHL players coming back our way.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
Its best for both sides to move on. I don't want to lose Matt but its very clear he wants to win now and we are far from that at this point. He needs to leave and we need to get some good pieces back for him.

Why do we end up with all these high needs centers... ROR needed lots of money bags, Staz needed to follow in his dads footsteps, now Duchene needs to win. Let's start drafting low life-IQ, high hockey-IQ centers that just play the game the right way that our management can take advantage of!

:sarcasm:

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA

Its only better for both sides if the Avs get an adequate return. Sakic has shown time and time again he will do right by his players, but if there isn't a deal to be made then there isn't one to be made and at that point thats all that matters.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I don't think the Avs should necessarily move off the ask of a defenseman but maybe settle for a good defensive prospect rather than insisting on someone who can make an impact immediately.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I wouldn't settle for anything less than Roy + Fleury + 2017 1st. It would be a big ask since there aren't any surefire NHL players coming back our way.

Thats still a terrible return, waaaaaay too much risk there. It would be better to keep Duchene.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I don't think the Avs should necessarily move off the ask of a defenseman but maybe settle for a good defensive prospect rather than insisting on someone who can make an impact immediately.

A prospect would definitely be fine, but it seems like the Preds have soured a bit on Fabbro over the course of the year. That definitely scares me a bit/lot.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

Is Dreger ****ing stupid? He has said like every day for the last year and a half that if Duchene is moved it will be for a defenseman.

edit: actually, Dreger said literally like an hour ago that if Matt Duchene gets traded he thinks it's for a defenseman.

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
If the sticking point with Sakic is a current Top 4 D-man I say give it up and take a current/potential top 6 winger, 1st and higher end D prospect.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Is Dreger ****ing stupid? He has said like every day for the last year and a half that if Duchene is moved it will be for a defenseman.

It's not his opinion, he says Preds don't want to trade D.

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014

Preds fan here- I would assume that this is referring to one of the top-4 defensman. If Poile was going to make a trade involving one of them, he would have done so prior to the expansion draft which would have allowed the Preds to go the 7-3 route and not lose James Neal. Since he did not, the top-4 are obviously untouchable. Outside of that, any d prospects should be on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad