Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 2016-17 Part XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
There should be a movie made about this season. Starting from roy stepping down. Talk about a horror movie

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
There should be a movie made about this season. Starting from roy stepping down. Talk about a horror movie

You know it's bad when people on the main board are telling their fellow fans of their respective teams that we had it bad enough, and Avs fans don't need their crap.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Really nothing that Montreal has left that I'd be willing to move Duchene for, outside of Galchenyuk. But would still highly prefer D for Duchene.

Who's everyone hoping his landing spot will be, realistically? Carolina? Though they've been pretty quiet. Islanders?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Some Islanders fans seem to be buying into a rumor (from Eklund and ICB--someone who is *not* an acceptable news source on HF) that we'll see a Galchenyuk-for-Hamonic trade after the freeze lifts...once again eliminating a team interested in acquiring Duchene.

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
I think we all need to start accepting duchene will be back next year. We just have to hope he comes back with a better mindset. Or we have to hope sakic gets canned. If sakic gets canned maybe duchene is ok with staying since its new management who havent floated his name around

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Any chance Hextall gets hammered next weekend and calls up Joe and offers Provorov for Duchene? :sarcasm:

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
I think we all need to start accepting duchene will be back next year. We just have to hope he comes back with a better mindset. Or we have to hope sakic gets canned. If sakic gets canned maybe duchene is ok with staying since its new management who havent floated his name around

It's time for Duchene to go. The rumors have been going on for awhile. I'm sure he's sick of it. Time for both parties to move on.

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
It's time for Duchene to go. The rumors have been going on for awhile. I'm sure he's sick of it. Time for both parties to move on.

I agree it's probably best for him to move on. Doesnt mean i trust sakic has it in him to pull the trigger. Duchene should have been moved at the tdl now we just keep losing teams that are interested. Pretty soon we are going to have like one or two teams left and we arent going to get even decent value for him. To conclude i think its best to move on but dont trust sakic at all. I guarentee a large portion of us are starting to feel like hes staying because of sakics inability to do anything right other than letting coaches play out contract and not resigning them

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003

Just as we had to accept Beauchemin would be back? I said all along there is no way they can bring back Beauchemin. You just can't after a season like he had.

There is no way they can bring back Duchene. It's past the point of no return and even assuming Sakic is Milbury level incompetent he will realize this. It's such a no brainer.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Not that much has happened, hopefully we will still get our big move.

Or maybe not, I don't trust management.

We've made moves mate. Let's focus on everything after April 9 (last game). Since we came last by 20 odd points in the standings to 29th, you'd assume new faces would be brought into the organization:

X Will Butcher refuses to sign, and wants to test himself in the market
X Mirinov (already in our system) agrees to play
X We will lose a player tomorrow to Vegas
X RFA's extended: 0
X UFA's extended: 0
X Trades made: 0
X Beauchemin is bought out eradicating his albatross of a contract Sakic invented
X Number of times Sakic has addressed the fans: 0
X Coaches, management and assistants fired: 0 (they just weren't extended)

Sakic, beautiful results. Just beautiful.

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
Just as we had to accept Beauchemin would be back? I said all along there is no way they can bring back Beauchemin. You just can't after a season like he had.

There is no way they can bring back Duchene. It's past the point of no return and even assuming Sakic is Milbury level incompetent he will realize this. It's such a no brainer.

I wouldnt consider anything with this management a no brainer. Say isles and mtl do the hamonic/chucky trade. Columbus is trading a first and murray to vegas. So all three of those teams who were contenders on dutchy will be out. Were past getting hanifin so carolina is out. Its possible ottawa works out a trade or loses methot or phaneuf so they may not want to move ceci, not that i want him anyway. We may end up with pitt and nashville as only teams looking to trade for him and pitt is a horrible fit.

generalshepherd141

Jun 12, 2017
America
Highly doubt Duchene is moved at this point, knowing the Avs. They'll keep him and endure another horrendous season while denying that they need to rebuild.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
I wouldnt consider anything with this management a no brainer. Say isles and mtl do the hamonic/chucky trade. Columbus is trading a first and murray to vegas. So all three of those teams who were contenders on dutchy will be out. Were past getting hanifin so carolina is out. Its possible ottawa works out a trade or loses methot or phaneuf so they may not want to move ceci, not that i want him anyway. We may end up with pitt and nashville as only teams looking to trade for him and pitt is a horrible fit.

I thought that Phaneuf refused to wave his NTC so Sens would have to protect him.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Alright my guess is a Vegas deal....

Duchene grigorenko for Brodin massechest (one day I'll spell his name) and a first.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Multiple insiders have said McPhee is planning long term...Vegas doesn't have any prospect pool. Them consolidating assets for someone bailing in two years would be dumb. If we want Brodin assets like 32, Bigras, Greer, etc. need to be available, and even then it probably takes something higher end. If Heiskanen is gone by 4 I'd offer the 4th overall for Brodin and maybe one of the late 1sts Vegas supposedly has / will get.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
the idea that Vegas will probably not only have a competent team to ice but a decent prospect pool with all the picks getting thrown their way for not selecting fools.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Highly doubt Duchene is moved at this point, knowing the Avs. They'll keep him and endure another horrendous season while denying that they need to rebuild.

I would rather keep Duchene if no team is willing to give us top 4 dman, 1st and a prospect, depending on top 4 Dman ceiling. Most people on here assume that once the Duchene's name is leaked in a trading rumors that now after 1 bad season he needs to be traded because he is not untouchable except for Jost, Compher, Mackinnon and Zadorov.

Duchene is a very good hockey player and a fan favorite. Hopefully Sakic can re-sign him to a new contract after he scores 70 points next season with better linemates and younger dman. If we trade Duchene it will have to be a hockey trade.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Multiple insiders have said McPhee is planning long term...Vegas doesn't have any prospect pool. Them consolidating assets for someone bailing in two years would be dumb. If we want Brodin assets like 32, Bigras, Greer, etc. need to be available, and even then it probably takes something higher end. If Heiskanen is gone by 4 I'd offer the 4th overall for Brodin and maybe one of the late 1sts Vegas supposedly has / will get.

Not a chance the 4th pick should be moved for Brodin. That would be an awful decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->