Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 2016-17 Part XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Why are we all scared of saying anything positive about Barberio? The guy did come in a outshine everyone else in the bottom half of our defense, and even a couple of guys in the top half.

Are we that afraid of overrating him here? Or are we afraid of Sakic & Co overrating him?

Barberio didn't do anything here that he hasn't done before in his career. Yet he apparently became a full time NHLer when he arrived at the all-time worst Avalanche team.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Barberio didn't do anything here that he hasn't done before in his career. Yet he apparently became a full time NHLer when he arrived at the all-time worst Avalanche team.

I'm not saying he did, but the games he was here were some of the better games of the season. There is credence to how the team looked with Barby, Ghetto, and Compher versus without.

I just think it's funny it almost seems like we're Holden on to something from the past..

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
:scared: WE'RE DOING NOTHING!!! :scared:

:laugh:

I suspect trades will still be announced after the deadline hits, just like they do at the TDL...

This is how me and you both gained that weight since we quit smoking. Sakic must have started smoking, because he hasn't done **** and I didn't see any extra weight on him at the lottery.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Another hyped deadline about to pass with next to no action. At this point I'm almost expecting these deals Vegas already has in place to fall through before their big unveiling.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Makes me wonder why the Avs bought out Beauchemin if they arent going to take advantage of the extra protection slots.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Part of me wonders if ownership has the Avs on a bit of a freeze themselves. It's been a clandestine level of silence lately with some reports of ownership being the ones looking at executives.

Not saying the timing isn't ********, but I wouldn't put it past this organization to shutdown and run on fumes while everyone else in the NHL is making calls.

CoachBadkitten

Matt Hunwick
Jul 25, 2012
Colorado
Admittedly just did some quick YouTube scouting to back up, but I really really like Alex Galchenyuk. Don't know if there's any way to get him unless he's the main piece as a Duchene trade (which would mean no defense) but he'd be awesome to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad