Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 2016-17 Part XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Ha, I'm glad we didn't give up a 2nd rounder for Mueller. So much draft hype, but never lived up to it.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Well let's hope Sakic gets on his horse. We don't know what deals with Vegas have already been struck, but Sakic has to all over acquiring a guy like Brodin if Minny hasn't made a deal with LV already. Unfortunately the Avs don't have a ton of picks and prospects they can move, but Brodin is 23 right now. He has to grab this opportunity. Ditto if a guy like CDH is exposed. Sakic talked about improving the defense - well several minimum second calibre defenders might be available for future pieces right now.

I think Bergevin is lost. McKenzie said on his twitter the guy they were pursuing from Minnesota wasn't even Brodin, it was Scandella.

Are you talking about trading with Vegas for Brodin? Because at this point trading is done outside of Vegas until after the ED.

Ha, I'm glad we didn't give up a 2nd rounder for Mueller. So much draft hype, but never lived up to it.

Poor mans Aaron Ekblad? :sarcasm:

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Are you talking about trading with Vegas for Brodin? Because at this point trading is done outside of Vegas until after the ED.

Yes. Vegas by the looks of things has a lot of fantastic options around the league to select.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yes. Vegas by the looks of things has a lot of fantastic options around the league to select.

Oh yeah absolutely agree. They could start next season with six top four defenders. Or they could leverage those into a significant collection of assets in order to balance their forward ranks.

I wonder if Vegas is even paying McPhee to have this much fun.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I really hope nobody watching what Montreal has done this week still thinks Joe Sakic is the worst GM in the league.

member 116861

I know this sounds weird but I don't think we even have room for Mueller and Beaulieu once the Duchene deal goes through and brings back a d-man.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I really hope nobody watching what Montreal has done this week still thinks Joe Sakic is the worst GM in the league.

Too early to judge the Canadiens' off-season yet. I think its failure or success entirely hinges on Radulov.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA

I do think they sold low on Beaulieu, but I think they did well with the Drouin deal, especially since he immediately signed to a decent contract.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I do think they sold low on Beaulieu, but I think they did well with the Drouin deal, especially since he immediately signed to a decent contract.

It's more that the two trades reflect two entirely different strategies. He spent his best trade chip on a winger just entering his prime, then sold low on a young defenseman for a pick that won't add anything to the team before Price's contract (and their window) is up. He seems like he's just flailing right now.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I don't understand trading someone who you fear will be claimed for a middling return.

So they get a 3rd and now they might lose Hudon or someone in the expansion draft. Is that better than just losing Beaulieu in the expansion draft?

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
I don't understand trading someone who you fear will be claimed for a middling return.

So they get a 3rd and now they might lose Hudon or someone in the expansion draft. Is that better than just losing Beaulieu in the expansion draft?

I hadn't really thought about it that way, makes sense why there wasn't more movement.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't mind the Mueller deal for the Devils because they still have 10 picks this year and another 9 next year. He might not turn it around with them but it's not a bad gamble. The Avs can't afford to make trades like that though. Plus, I'd much rather see Bigras get an opportunity than a young and struggling defenseman from another team.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
What are the chances Bigras plays full time next season? I know it depends on who we get from Duchene or whoever else/Barrie trade.

Duchene trade Johnson
Zadorov Barrie
Bigras Mironov

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Too early to judge the Canadiens' off-season yet. I think its failure or success entirely hinges on Radulov.

It's failure or success entirely hinges on acquiring a top-6 scoring centre. They seem hellbent on not allowing Galchenyuk to play centre, and god knows Plekanec can't do it anymore.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I just read that Portzline article now. So not only will they expose Ryan Murray but apparently they're giving Vegas a 1st round pick to not take certain players and Murray isn't even on that list. I guess fans value him a lot more than the team does.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I just read that Portzline article now. So not only will they expose Ryan Murray but apparently they're giving Vegas a 1st round pick to not take certain players and Murray isn't even on that list. I guess fans value him a lot more than the team does.

I find it really interesting because when he was healthy he was used in difficult defense situations alongside Jones. He not Werenski faced top competition in important situations.

I wonder if they are either tired of his injury issues, or believe he will always be hampered by them. It's also worth mentioning that JJ only has one year left on his contract as well.

Also if Clarkson is actually included in the deal then it makes a lot more sense.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
It's more that the two trades reflect two entirely different strategies. He spent his best trade chip on a winger just entering his prime, then sold low on a young defenseman for a pick that won't add anything to the team before Price's contract (and their window) is up. He seems like he's just flailing right now.

Montreal's not done yet. I bet they have a deal lined up for after the expansion draft.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Montreal's not done yet. I bet they have a deal lined up for after the expansion draft.

For a top six center who is both for sale and available for the vast amount of nothing they now have to offer in trade? Color me surprised if they pull that off.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
For a top six center who is both for sale and available for the vast amount of nothing they now have to offer in trade? Color me surprised if they pull that off.

Don't know. I just don't think that the two trades Montreal did make reflect two different strategies or that Montreal is just flailing around.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada

Yeah but how? They already used Sergachev for a winger. Juulsen and their first maybe gets them a Stepan? Best case they get a Hanzal in FA so then their centres are Hanzal-Danault-Plekanec? They could move Pacioretty for a centre but no team is going to trade a centre as good as Pacioretty so he'll be inferior anyways.

I guess they could move Galchenyuk but then it'd be the Subban trade 2.0 where they have to trade him for an older aging centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->