Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 2016-17 Part XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Yeah but how? They already used Sergachev for a winger. Juulsen and their first maybe gets them a Stepan? Best case they get a Hanzal in FA so then their centres are Hanzal-Danault-Plekanec? They could move Pacioretty for a centre but no team is going to trade a centre as good as Pacioretty so he'll be inferior anyways.

I guess they could move Galchenyuk but then it'd be the Subban trade 2.0 where they have to trade him for an older aging centre.

We have no idea who is available. Montreal has lots of trade chips to offer. You're just speculating the worst case scenarios. For all we know Duchene is a Hab next month.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Habs traded their best prospect. If they need Duchene, the best they could offer would be:

Duchene

For

Fucale
Juulsen
McCarron
2017 - 1st Round

Still not sure if this is enough. I believe the NYI, Preds, Canes and maybe CBJ are still better offers.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Habs traded their best prospect. If they need Duchene, the best they could offer would be:

Duchene

For

Fucale
Juulsen
McCarron
2017 - 1st Round

Still not sure if this is enough. I believe the NYI, Preds, Canes and maybe CBJ are still better offers.

Still not sure if this is enough?

Fucale and McCarron are not highly regarded prospects any longer, and Juulsen is not a centerpiece to any trade involving Duchene.

Unless Galchenyuk is coming back, any idea of a trade with Montreal is dead. (I am of course excluding other players that Montreal would not trade and that Colorado would likely not want due to age or salary - Price, Weber, Pacioretty)

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Duchene

For

Fucale
Juulsen
McCarron
2017 - 1st Round

It's not even in the realm of possibly trading for Duchene. This is something I'd expect for Duchene at the trade deadline with pending UFA status in 2019.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Still not sure if this is enough?

Fucale and McCarron are not highly regarded prospects any longer, and Juulsen is not a centerpiece to any trade involving Duchene.

Unless Galchenyuk is coming back, any idea of a trade with Montreal is dead. (I am of course excluding other players that Montreal would not trade and that Colorado would likely not want due to age or salary - Price, Weber, Pacioretty)

I still can't believe they traded for another Winger (undersized too) for Sergachev instead of their primary need for Centres. Galy being included still might not be of interest, an under performing soft Centre that would struggle more against the bigger Forwards in the Western Conference. Anyways, the Habs might not trade him since they need Forwards.

Agree the chance to add Duchene to their roster is likely dead...:shakehead

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Finally, Joe Sakic has been spotted on the phone attempting to make a trade people !
frew-the-phantom-868_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad