Status
Not open for further replies.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
:scared: WE'RE DOING NOTHING!!! :scared:

The Seinfeld meme is once again appropriate

3pRrd68.jpg

Seriously though, Mirco Mueller? Lol let's shoot a bit higher if we're gonna be moving assets to improve the defence, that's just desperationl

Avs44

May 16, 2011
That's a steal for the Sharks...Sharks fans have been calling Mueller a bust.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Kind of surprised nothing really happened apart from some minor moves.

I figured teams that are set to lose an important player would do what's needed for that NOT to happen.

I wonder if McPhee's been working the phones telling GMs "we can work something out"...

Kind of sucks. Oh well.

I see the Islanders out of it now for Duchene and I think a team like Carolina is now more likely.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
The Seinfeld meme is once again appropriate

Seriously though, Mirco Mueller? Lol let's shoot a bit higher if we're gonna be moving assets to improve the defence, that's just desperationl

This makes me wonder what Ryan Murray would actually cost lol.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
My view of NHL insiders as a collective went down considerably today. They hyped this up for weeks saying teams would be making trades with each other before this deadline due to the expansion draft. Now the narrative has shifted to 'teams will / have made deals with LV only to either protect their players or eventually to get exposed players from LV.' McKenzie said yesterday he expected Vatanen, Hamonic, and Brodin to be moved today before the deadline. I question their integrity at this point when it comes down to trying to increase hits and ratings.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Seems like Sakic was right to wait until the draft. ED really didn't change a thing, teams will have way more flexibility now.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
My view of NHL insiders as a collective went down considerably today. They hyped this up for weeks saying teams would be making trades with each other before this deadline due to the expansion draft. Now the narrative has shifted to 'teams will / have made deals with LV only to either protect their players or eventually to get exposed players from LV.' McKenzie said yesterday he expected Vatanen, Hamonic, and Brodin to be moved today before the deadline. I question their integrity at this point when it comes down to trying to increase hits and ratings.

There's a handful of teams that leak info (it's always changing) and these insiders use that to build up their credibility but the fact is that most teams keep it tight as they should and most of what these insiders say is just speculation. Also, a majority of the rumours that get out are about teams having talks on certain players which the insiders report as a rumour and people then expect a trade when it's nothing more than just GM's talking to each other. They make a living out of reporting smoke rather than actual fire.

I kinda stopped caring about them to begin with and even a guy like Friedman whose hockey opinion I respect, comes across as annoying with the constant "don't be surprised if...."

Besides, using common sense, why would people expect this to be a big deadline? At most, a few expansion related deals would've happened but if players like Duchene or Eberle get moved then it'd be around the draft like usual. That Sergachev/Drouin swap was the exception.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Where do you find the happy medium on rumors though? If you want 100% credible from Bob Mckenzie then it's 5 minutes from going in a press release.

I agree it's annoying when the line between rumor and speculation get blurred and it's the media's best interest to make it sound like a million things are going to happen.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Thank god we didn't continue to waste valuable picks for rebuilding on mediocre and erratic depth defenders. Can't believe anybody would want us to have gotten in on these Beaulieu or Mueller type deals.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

No...I don't think that's it...I do believe there was a ton of talk and stuff going on.

I think that in the end, they preferred to make some sort of deal with Vegas rather than get screwed over by another team. I don't agree with that but it looks as though that's what happened.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
No...I don't think that's it...I do believe there was a ton of talk and stuff going on.

I think that in the end, they preferred to make some sort of deal with Vegas rather than get screwed over by another team. I don't agree with that but it looks as though that's what happened.

Yeah, it was a good day for anyone who is a fan of Vegas. They are either getting a ton of draft picks, or are getting access to the best of what most teams fans worried most about losing.

I didn't think 30 NHL teams would be ok with one team having this much power, but Vegas's ownership paid for the privilege. Vegas will now be able to trade other teams players lol.

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
I think there was a lot of talk, but a lot of hesitancy because that this is new territory for most GMs. Bergevin was just the only one crazy enough to make moves. I think it will get nuts after expansion draft.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Well let's hope Sakic gets on his horse. We don't know what deals with Vegas have already been struck, but Sakic has to all over acquiring a guy like Brodin if Minny hasn't made a deal with LV already. Unfortunately the Avs don't have a ton of picks and prospects they can move, but Brodin is 23 right now. He has to grab this opportunity. Ditto if a guy like CDH is exposed. Sakic talked about improving the defense - well several minimum second calibre defenders might be available for future pieces right now.

Montreal is making some strange moves IMO... seems like they are getting rid of all the youth on their D.

I think Bergevin is lost. McKenzie said on his twitter the guy they were pursuing from Minnesota wasn't even Brodin, it was Scandella.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad