Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXXVIII | Countdown to Sadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
So.... are the Avs actually still in on Panarin or is this just speculation on our board/Dater spewing garbage. I've been completely out of the loop the last 48 hours.
No reason to believe they’re in now

And no reason to believe they were ever being considered beyond having their offers and pitches being heard out

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I don't understand circling back on Wilson at this late point. I suspect that they prices/terms for the remaining players are really out of whack. As I mentioned before, Dzingel is a Newport client and he will require a significant contract with term and AAV.

I am not as much of a Wilson fan as I find him to be frustrating to watch (not to mention his injuries).

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Dater has changed his mind again saying it was 12M over the 7 year deal, so pretty much same as everyone else.

Unless I’ve missed something, he said they would have went to 7 years, but at 11.67M.

Thank god we have a sensible FO that seems just fine pissing away contending while having a Top-5 player in the game on a ridiculous steal of a contract though. That’s the real win.

Reactions: Y3TI

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
So.... are the Avs actually still in on Panarin or is this just speculation on our board/Dater spewing garbage. I've been completely out of the loop the last 48 hours.
Friedman said we offered 12.5M but not max term.

Dater later said we offered 70M over six years, and later changed his mind and said we were willing offer 7 years, and when someone said "at what number" he replied "12".

But as before, everyone is reporting it's between NYI, FLA and NYR. (Also a report that CBJ put in a late huge offer at 8 years 100m)

McKenzie said yesterday that he thinks it's NYI for Panarin and Varlamov.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Unless I’ve missed something, he said they would have went to 7 years, but at 11.67M.

Thank god we have a sensible FO that seems just fine pissing away contending while having a Top-5 player in the game on a ridiculous steal of a contract though. That’s the real win.

Respond to his " Avs would have gone seven years"-tweet

Are we really gonna pretend that Panarin would have been here if we only offered a few 100k more? I don't get it. We tried but clearly were not one of his favourite choices.

Reactions: Goulet17

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Not sure why people are basing what we offered Panarin on what Dater says. He doesn't know anything. In fact he has already backtracked saying the Avs were willing to go a full 7 years. So that squashes everyone BS comments about Joe not willing to make a full offer.

Then who knows what the dollar amount was, I'm sure it was competitive with the others.

It's not Joe's fault that we don't have an ocean or high end modeling here in Denver. Sometimes players just don't want to live in certain areas this is one of those times. Clearly winning isn't the most important thing to Panarin. If it was then we would have been right at the top of the list. You can't tell me players don't see the potential here. Loaded with young talent. Top 3 player in the world. Fun offensive system. He rather go live in the place he wants to be instead of win. Because let's be real that miracle run NYI had last year isn't sustainable. Especially if the rumors are true and they are pursuing a broken Varly to be the guy in nets

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
We have to be doing something else besides Donskoi right?

Like even after a Donskoi signing we have 35M in space right now.

Rantanen(10M) + JTC/Kerfoot/Zadorov(Combined 10M) is still only 20M. That would give us 15M in space still and practically a full roster.

Even if Burakovsky gets 4M we should have over 10M in space.

Do something with it.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO

Rantanen(10M) + JTC/Kerfoot/Zadorov(Combined 10M) is still only 20M. That would give us 15M in space still and practically a full roster.

Do something with it.
Barrie for Ceci and Kadri...:sarcasm:

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
I see Kadri going to Carloina or Calgary. I think the Leafs would rather have a defenseman with term and that's not Barrie.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
I think we'll trade for Kadri as soon as the Marner thing is cleared up, and Zaitsev is moved.
I think Zaitsev is already traded. Wonder if the Leafs signing Spezza means that Kadri is moved? Probably not.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm

Do something with it.
Do we have any high AAV but short term candidates out there? Pavelski was the obvious one but going to Dallas.

I would like to call Thornton. But he hasn't even been mentioned anywhere except for Sharks.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
"Circling back to Wilson", also known as Sakic scrambling to plan Z because everything he originally had intended has backfired.

With that said would love to him back to shore up the bottom 6 even though its starting to fill up

Reactions: Tommy Shelby
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad