Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXXV| “We still need a 2nd Line, Joe!” Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
You all do realize that we have to spend a crap ton just too get to the floor.

Sakic can say what he wants about giving young guys a chance, but there is more to this. You don't dump salary, when you are already a mile below the floor.

Be it another trade or UFA we will be adding some salary, the question is what kind of quality will they be adding because of they think adding 4M for a Cole level player make you better, then it's going to be a long summer.
As of right now, there is no indication of significant moves.

Simply resigning our RFAs will cover the cap floor.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'm just saying it better not be the plan. If it is, we have a potential for disaster. I'm hopeful there is something else out there. If it is a prior to a different deal where the Avs take on salary, it makes a lot more sense.
No need to trade Soda for that, especially with one year left. Doubt we reach the cap next year even with a few cap dumps.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
No need to trade Soda for that, especially with one year left. Doubt we reach the cap next year even with a few cap dumps.

Doesn't have to reach the cap limit to change how much ownership is willing to spend... could easily be both or either.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
I'm just saying it better not be the plan. If it is, we have a potential for disaster. I'm hopeful there is something else out there. If it is a prior to a different deal where the Avs take on salary, it makes a lot more sense.

This move makes no sense unless we’re about to make another trade. Even so, I wouldn’t throw the dirty bath water out until we had clean (I.e. shouldn’t have traded Soda until the other deal is complete).

I also don’t understand how/why we couldn’t have kept Soda as our 3c.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
This move makes no sense unless we’re about to make another trade. Even so, I wouldn’t throw the dirty bath water out until we had clean (I.e. shouldn’t have traded Soda until the other deal is complete).

I also don’t understand how/why we couldn’t have kept Soda as our 3c.

Many moves don't make sense in the NHL to fans. It wouldn't be the first or last one to fit that idea.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
We’re gonna take Reimer+our 3rd+Trochek in a deal with Florida. Then we’re gonna offers sheet Marner and have our 2nd line sorted out.

Landy-Mack-Rants
Kerfoot-Trochek-Marner
Calvert-Jost-Nieto

:nod:

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
Im excited to see wahts next. If we can put some better wingers on the 2nd line maybe Jost/Compher can actually excel.

Now Joe.. Go get us panarin and zucc

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

Goodbye, gentlemen.

All garbage anyways.

Good luck to Sven and Boik in Russia.

By this way, we can assume this means the following RFAs *did* receive qualifying offers:

F JT Compher
F Vladislav Kamenev
F Alexander Kerfoot
F AJ Greer
F Mikko Rantanen
F Sheldon Dries
F Dominic Toninato

D Ryan Graves
D Anton Lindholm
D Nikita Zadorov

Hopefully we find out Lindholm and Dries didn’t get qualifying offers either.

Reactions: Avs_19

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
In addition to a trade for a real 2c, I’m hoping this means we’ve heard good things back from FAs.

I maintain that Panarin is a total pipe dream. But if his agent told Joe that Panarin is going for most money and no one else will top our off of $12-13m, then I can understand this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad