Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXXV| “We still need a 2nd Line, Joe!” Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Avs need to handle their own business before going after someone else's guy. LeBrun says Rantanen's negotiation could drag on.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
They'll obviously bring in one forward, probably Zuccarello. I don't expect the Avs to spend the cap

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Avs need to handle their own business before going after someone else's guy. LeBrun says Rantanen's negotiation could drag on.

As in most of the prominent RFAs (Marner, Point, Aho, Tkachuk, Rantanen) may drag out, or something specific to Rantanen's situation?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

Don’t get this thought... you don’t want Rants offer sheeted, but that deal would work out. But even if he was offer sheeted, it is an easy match. More than that though... multi tasking is possible. They can sign UFAs, trade, the offer sheets (that won’t happen) can all happen simultaneously.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
lol @ anyone thinking this move proves the Avs are a cap team. You really think Sakic would still be GM if that were the case?
Yeah there’s no way we sit on around 20 Million in cap space while Mack is on this contract. The only possibly scary part is who we are going to go after.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
The Avs will look pretty good if they sign Zuccarello.

And perhaps re-sign Brassard? Zucc's close friend. He also knows Landeskog well.

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
Cant see anybody offer sheeting rants. Makes absolutely no sense. Avs have all the cap room in the world so all it would accomplish is pissing off other gms across the leagues

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
The Avs will look pretty good if they sign Zuccarello.

And perhaps re-sign Brassard? Zucc's close friend. He also knows Landeskog well.

R17PW9z.gif

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
Compher is a second-liner like I'm a college professor.
Can’t even remember me talking about players stepping up and developing before? With an additional presence to drive the line?

Shame.

This board sometimes just makes me go wow. It’s impressive

Reactions: Foxtail

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
Whether people like it or not, the plan was always going to bet on Jost and/or Compher stepping up, even if with assistance

People here act like the team has already given up on them
Yes and Bowers too people just writing them off, the young guys need ice time
Jost and Compher both looked good in he playoffs.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I’m fine with Mack, Jost, JTC down the middle for now but they need to put some wingers around one of them. Still not holding my breath but hopefully this means they gonna offer Panarin an offer he can’t refuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad