Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXXV| “We still need a 2nd Line, Joe!” Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
So Stastny’s NTC is a 10 team list of places he CANNOT be traded to. Hopefully he makes that list all the eastern conference teams with the cap space to acquire him.

Reactions: Goulet17

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
If only I was GM for a day, Stastny would be here yesterday.
And what McPhee wouldn't realize is that I'm a liar, and I'm a deceiver. And what he thinks is our 1st + Kaut is actually our 4th + Kerfoot. And by the time he realizes it's already a done deal, and I'm not subjected to the rules of the NHL as I'm back posting on HF in a nondisclosed location.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
If only I was GM for a day, Stastny would be here yesterday.
And what McPhee wouldn't realize is that I'm a liar, and I'm a deceiver. And what he thinks is our 1st + Kaut is actually our 4th + Kerfoot. And by the time he realizes it's already a done deal, and I'm not subjected to the rules of the NHL as I'm back posting on HF in a nondisclosed location.
Honestly if the Avs take on Stastny without sending salary back and before free agency starts I think they could get him really cheap but It would mean giving up on the Panarin dream.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Any team trading for Stastny basically cannot take any salary back.

So it should come with a lower price. Even the 7 million and rantanen 11.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
See, there are actually still players out there who are willing to take a discount to play for the team they want to play for. I prefer those guys over the Marners, Skinners or Nylanders of the world. Money is important, i get that, but it should never be the number one priority. But unfortunatly guys like W. Karlsson are the minority ...

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Anybody want to take the time to go through the teams and count how many can afford Stastny after they sign their RFA’s?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
See, there are actually still players out there who are willing to take a discount to play for the team they want to play for. I prefer those guys over the Marners, Skinners or Nylanders of the world. Money is important, i get that, but it should never be the number one priority. But unfortunatly guys like W. Karlsson are the minority ...

So how many raises have you turned down?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I have my doubts about that.

Fortunately with tools like capfriendly, this needn't be an article of faith and can be approximated ;)
None. But i never had to deal with a salary-cap in my jobs. Did you?

Really? You've never had an employer that had financial limits to deal with?

It must be nice working for Goldman.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
So Nevada has no personal state income tax. That explains Karlsson coming in so much lower than expected. Vegas and the Florida teams (and Seattle soon) get such an advantage in playing around the cap compared to other teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->