Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXXIV|Pokecheque Liked The Other Title Better Ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
If we'd have to add to Tyson to get a worse C than he is a blueliner; then the decision to not trade him unless he wants out, should be clear.

Kerfoot + Barrie for Horvat +...

THE TEAM IN VANCOUVER OBTAINING 2 VANCOUVER BOYS AT THE DRAFT HOSTED IN VANCOUVER!

Reactions: shadow1

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Kerfoot + Barrie for Horvat +...

THE TEAM IN VANCOUVER OBTAINING 2 VANCOUVER BOYS AT THE DRAFT HOSTED IN VANCOUVER!

Even if it's Barrie+BDK+16 for Horvat+10, we'd still be stuck needing a top 4 RHB. And I don't see who would make sense for us other than Spurgeon...who'd be unlikely to be moved within the division & is in the same contract-position as Ty :dunno:

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
If we'd have to add to Tyson to get a worse C than he is a blueliner; then the decision to not trade him unless he wants out, should be clear.

He may be slightly worse at his position, but I don't think it's by a lot. You have to take into account the defensive side of the ice, contract situation, and age.

If we want to acquire a 2C by trade it's going to be expensive. You can overpay slightly with picks/prospects and still improve as a team, particularly if you hold on to 4th overall.

Reactions: Foxtail

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Yeah, there is no Horvat coming back for Barrie, unfortunatelly. Considering contract, age, current team needs, Horvat is such a better fit for this team when compared to Barrie, but there is no way VAN trades him for Barrie.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Even if it's Barrie+BDK+16 for Horvat+10, we'd still be stuck needing a top 4 RHB. And I don't see who would make sense for us other than Spurgeon...who'd be unlikely to be moved within the division & is in the same contract-position as Ty :dunno:

Faulk could be available.

I mean while worse off without Barrie its not horrible :dunno:

Girard-Makar
Z-Faulk
Cole-EJ

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
That's debatable. Horvat is a top tier #2C and Barrie is a top tier #3D.
He’s a top pairing D as many of us proved posting countless data to back that up. He literally makes every single defenseman on the team look markedly better and produces at a comparable rate no matter if he plays with Nate or 3rd liners.

Reactions: Avaholic29 and cgf

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
That's debatable. Horvat is a top tier #2C and Barrie is a top tier #3D.
Not as debatable as calling Tyson Barrie a 3D. I think he’s absolutely a top 30 defenseman. That makes him a lower end 1D and higher end 2D.

Either way Barrie is absolutely a top “pairing” D. Horvat doesn’t belong on a top forward line.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
He’s a top pairing D as many of us proved posting countless data to back that up. He literally makes every single defenseman on the team look markedly better and produces at a comparable rate no matter if he plays with Nate or 3rd liners.
He has never been able to handle top pairing minutes for more than a handful of games at the time. Ever. He's a 2nd pairing guy getting mostly offensive zone starts and PP time. He's not a 1D and never will be.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
He has never been able to handle top pairing minutes for more than a handful at the time. Ever.
Handful what? Games? Is the stretch of 30+ games where he dragged us to the playoffs and clowned the Flames a handful of games? He is a top pairing D if you bother to look an inch farther than the archaic definition of what makes a elite D.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
You can debate the value of Tyson Barrie, but what it comes down to, is are the Avalanche better with Barrie or Horvat?

To me, that answer is clear.

If you need to send a pick, and a prospect back to Vancouver to get it done, I would do it. As long as it's not 4th overall.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
He has never been able to handle top pairing minutes for more than a handful of games at the time. Ever. He's a 2nd pairing guy getting mostly offensive zone starts and PP time. He's not a 1D and never will be.
Barrie literally plays top pairing minutes.

Reactions: cgf

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Whatever... Barrie is a 1D that can't be trusted in key defensive situations... it's the new NHL.

Regardless of what anyone calls Barrie, Horvat is a much better fit for this team... but that doesn't matter either because we can't have him.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
Keyword: Handle

Not going further into this debate, going against my philosophy of arguing with fans who just love certain players.
Seems dumb to write off people you disagree with as letting bias cloud their judgement

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not that I agree with calling Barrie a mid-pairing defender, but Balthazar is correct when he says that Tyson is a specialized defender who needs high PP time and offencive zone starts majority of the time. I am also curious and wonder how many of you lot will join Brick as Canuck fans if we trade Barrie to them.

Saying anything negative about Barrie is considered such a sin on this board, it's actually more funny to read than irritating.

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
No. What's dumb is to keep arguing like it will make them change their mind.
Then say that. Don’t make up motivations for them that happen to let you ignore their perspective without blinking an eye

It just makes you seem like you’re looking for excuses to ignore dissent

Reactions: Barklez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad