Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXXIV|Pokecheque Liked The Other Title Better Ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
What I think will happen is at the draft, a Barrie trade will happen with Vancouver if Avs take Byram and Broberg is gone by 10.

Kerfoot+Barrie+16 for Horvat and 10.

2 Vancouver boys.....

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Horvat just seems way too good to be true, even if the Canucks can talk to Barrie's agent first. You don't get that type of player for one on an expiring contract.

Horvat is (almost) the perfect player on a perfect contract for us. I agree that I don't think he's available.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
@Avs_19 Horvat just seems way too good to be true, even if the Canucks can talk to Barrie's agent first. You don't get that type of player for one on an expiring contract.
You know you're probably right, but we're talking about a high calibre offencive-defender here, I suggest they're worth more than any other player besides a 1st line centre. I also can't think of any other trades that would be worth Barrie except a futures trade with the likes of Woo and others and I simply cannot see Sakic wanting to go in that direction.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
If Barrie gets traded for 10th overall will someone please make me a gif of Troy at the start where the king says "You can't have the whole world Agamemnon." and change it to "You can't have the whole Draft Sakic" and make sure to have Agamemnon laugh in there.

Reactions: Foxtail

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Continue arguing here about trading Tyson Barrie, or not trading Barrie. Definitely argue about how he is, or is not worth extending.

I don't see how he's worth extending at the price he will want, not with Makar who looked like he could do what Barrie does but at a more composed level. That money should be used for a capable second line. Tired of relying on 3 guys and then 3 lines of depth role players. Makar and grubauer will need to extend around the same time Mack and landeskog do. Barrie's contract would be a burden at that point. My opinion anyway.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Barrie for 10+

Kerfoot and 16 for Kadri.

Trade up with 10 and draft Zegras and Byram. Boom.

Last edited:

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
I know Horvat is good and all but Barrie puts up points at an elite rate, Horvat has not been an Elite center yet....

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I know Horvat is good and all but Barrie puts up points at an elite rate, Horvat has not been an Elite center yet....

And he never will be. He's a good two-way center with toughness and speed to spare, but he ain't gonna win the Selke or anything like that. Very capable 2C though.

I still don't think Benning would gut his center depth like that...but we'll see I guess.

Reactions: cgf

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
If we draft Byram at 4, my butthole will be clenched the rest of the way for the inevitable "we have a trade to annouce".

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Tyson Barrie is better relative to his position than Bo Horvat is to his. The difference between the two is contracts. Horvat has a great one and Tyson doesn’t have one behind this upcoming season.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
And he never will be. He's a good two-way center with toughness and speed to spare, but he ain't gonna win the Selke or anything like that. Very capable 2C though.

I still don't think Benning would gut his center depth like that...but we'll see I guess.
I think you're selling him pretty short. Last year I had him on my fantasy team so I watched the Canucks a lot, and he's a stud. They were without Sutter for a large part of last season and he shouldered all all the defensive responsibilities while putting up a PPG pace up to around February until he finally got burnt out.
If we got him I'd be thrilled, but also sad that we're losing Barrie.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

I think most believe it would take Barrie + to get Horvat. He's three years younger and has a better contract situation.

You're right though, Barrie ain't no scrub. Hughes, Pettersson, Boeser, and Barrie would make a pretty slick power play.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think you're selling him pretty short. Last year I had him on my fantasy team so I watched the Canucks a lot, and he's a stud. They were without Sutter for a large part of last season and he shouldered all all the defensive responsibilities while putting up a PPG pace up to around February until he finally got burnt out.
If we got him I'd be thrilled, but also sad that we're losing Barrie.

So he pulled a Hayes? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Foppberg

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Tyson Barrie is better relative to his position than Bo Horvat is to his. The difference between the two is contracts. Horvat has a great one and Tyson doesn’t have one behind this upcoming season.

I agree with this part of it, but 2C VS top right D is pretty close too.

Maybe it is Tryamkin + 10. Allowing the Avs to take Byram at 4 and Podz at 10. And then Panarin will see all those russians and sign....

Vancouver just seems like the 1 team Barrie will sign with quite easily. Cap space and hometown. Been dying for a RD that can move the puck, and he can play on a PP with EP.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think most believe it would take Barrie + to get Horvat. He's three years younger and has a better contract situation.

You're right though, Barrie ain't no scrub. Hughes, Pettersson, Boeser, and Barrie would make a pretty slick power play.

If we'd have to add to Tyson to get a worse C than he is a blueliner; then the decision to not trade him unless he wants out, should be clear.

Reactions: UncleRisto
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad