Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXXIII|Two Weeks Away from the 19-20 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
If the Avs do draft Byram and they think he is NHL ready who says no to a Zadorov Kapanen swap?

Leafs needs RHD, so they wouldn’t be interested.

Still wouldn’t trade Zadorov for KK. AVs need a 2C, so maybe Kadri, but certainly not another Winger.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL

That's a great contract for Karlsson and it turns out the most recent surgeries didn't hurt him. If the Sharks can win a cup in the next few years then it'll be more than worth it but I don't see how his contract doesn't get ugly for them.

A good deal for both sides. Takes a massive target for some teams off the board in FA but who's to say he'd get more by wading into those waters.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Wait are people suggesting 5/6M a year for Timo Meier? He’s better at hockey than Jeff Skinner who just got 9M. He also happens to be 5 years younger too.

Skinner was slightly overpaid because that’s what you have to do when your city is a shithole but 5m for Meier is lunacy.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I meant period. Leave my D men alone! I want Barrie and EJ and Girard and Makar and Zadorov.

You want a good team?

DB62F8EB-1127-4CFD-B879-C0C32D37E587.jpeg

Reactions: Y3TI

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Surprised Karlsson didn't lose money with his recent injuries. SJ is all in on him. Good for EK. Not sure that's good for SJ.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Wait are people suggesting 5/6M a year for Timo Meier? He’s better at hockey than Jeff Skinner who just got 9M. He also happens to be 5 years younger too.

Skinner was slightly overpaid because that’s what you have to do when your city is a ****hole but 5m for Meier is lunacy.
I don't think $5m is crazy for a bridge contact. You'd never get him for that long term.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I don't think $5m is crazy for a bridge contact. You'd never get him for that long term.
All his peers and comparables are all going to be signing for 9-11M long term. There’s no chance in hell Meier lowers himself to a bridge deal worth 5 million.

Reactions: Foxtail

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
No, a bridge deal for Meier is like 7M

I remember back during the 2015 draft sooooo many people gave the Sharks a lot of shit for taking Meier at #9. I'm honestly very happy to see the kid succeeding the way he is now and making those people look like fools for doubting the kid.

One of my favorite Non Avs players. Actually the entire 2015 draft in general is filled with players I really like. Meier, Provorov, Aho, Marner, Connor, Chabot, Hintz, Dunn Konecny.

Great draft.

Reactions: Perratrooper

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Even on a bridge contract I can't see Meir taking five million after got Nylander got 7+.

Nobody is offer sheet Meier. He isn't arbitration eligible. His only pull is to hold out... most players don't wish to do that. San Jose can play hardball, and I expect they will.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
All his peers and comparables are all going to be signing for 9-11M long term. There’s no chance in hell Meier lowers himself to a bridge deal worth 5 million.

Then he isn't all that likely to play next year. Sharks can't afford that and nobody is offer sheeting him.

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
So if Pavs re-signs, and Hayes signs in Philly (which I think is insane seeing he has what 6 days until he can talk to every team) The Avs 2C will be...Jost? Compher? Kam? Soda? ROR?
Dach or JT Miller or Kadri or Wennberg

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Then he isn't all that likely to play next year. Sharks can't afford that and nobody is offer sheeting him.
So because the Sharks are in cap hell one player doesn’t get his money? That’s not how it works. Meier isn’t taking 5 million dollars. The Sharks will have to make room, trade him or an offer sheet will happen. Doubt it’s the latter but it’s a better possibility than a near 70 point, 22 year old, 2 way freak taking 5 million dollars.

It’s like saying Marner will have to take 6M or he won’t play next year. If NHL teams could dictate like this it would be a much different looking league.

Reactions: avsfan09

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
No, a bridge deal for Meier is like 7M

I remember back during the 2015 draft sooooo many people gave the Sharks a lot of **** for taking Meier at #9. I'm honestly very happy to see the kid succeeding the way he is now and making those people look like fools for doubting the kid.

One of my favorite Non Avs players. Actually the entire 2015 draft in general is filled with players I really like. Meier, Provorov, Aho, Marner, Connor, Chabot, Hintz, Dunn Konecny.

Great draft.
Haha, I always think of that when I watch him. I think he is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad