Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXXIII|Two Weeks Away from the 19-20 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
anigif_enhanced-27619-1446567953-9.gif

I thought Dreger was throwing **** at a dartboard concerning those Byram rumours, but then I forgot to see some of the pages back from that quote and read up to the most recent post and seems these Barrie rumours are turning into a forest fire.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Assuming Vancouver can talk to Barrie and his agent and can get a contract ready to go, why would Barrie for Horvat not just work one for one?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
It’s time to **** or get off the pot with Barrie. You either sign him to an extension or trade him. The idea that they would allow him to enter the season without an extension was asinine to me.

I love Barrie but tough decisions have to be made. Not a fan of a futures trade though.
Horvat would be a decent piece back, fits everything we want as a second line centre personally. Can't see them trading their other core players though such as Pettersson, Boeser and Hughes. Pettersson might make Horvat expendable, especially if the other rumours are true and Newhook is their guy. But then you see that they have Quinn and he makes Barrie more a luxury similar to Makar here.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
I don't see the difference of Barrie and Horvat being dropping 6 picks in a draft.

Sorry Freaky Styley I still can't figure out how to multi quote.... but I think they could come to a deal in principal and then sign it on July 1

Reactions: MrPeePee

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Horvat just seems way too good to be true, even if the Canucks can talk to Barrie's agent first. You don't get that type of player for one on an expiring contract.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
No there's no D that's worth a top 10 pick outside of Byram. The point of doing that trade would be that you're hoping that one of the top forward falls to 10.

At 16 OK, you can pick one of the dman.

Yup. The second wave of defensemen are all most likely going to be around at 16 anyway. Get a forward faller at 10 and then pickup a defenseman at 16. And most importantly inject Horvat into your roster immediately.

If we have to lose Barrie that'd be a great way to do it.

Girard - Johnson
Cole - Makar
Zadorov - a revolving door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad