Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXXIII|Two Weeks Away from the 19-20 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I’d like Donskoi here honestly. Think he has some 2nd line potential in him, and I’m much rather play him with Rantanen than Wilson.

Yeah. Not saying he'd lock up a 2nd line spot for the life of his contract...or that, if things went well, a Jost or Kaut couldn't take that spot from him in time. But I wouldn't mind if he was our secondary addition up front. If only so that we don't have to pencil a Jost / Soda / JTC into the top 6 right off the bat...plus we'd end up with a +3rd liner if Donskoi is eventually bounced down by one of the kids, which wouldn't be bad for the salary that I'm assuming he'll get.

If we could snag a Kadri or Hayes and two of Zucker, Kapanen or Donskoi; I would be absolutely thrilled with our offseason & chances of winning the cup next year, even if we continued to be ignored by the Panarin's of the FA world and we took a long term prospect at #4.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The San Jose situation isn't nearly as dire as it may look... sell Braun for futures, sign Jumbo Joe to a performance bonus contract (say $2m with $2m in potential bonus), Meier to an expensive bringe (say $5m over ~3 years), Pavelski to a 4/5 year deal to keep the AAV down (gets it down to ~5 or less if a 5 year deal), Labanc to another expensive bridge (say $5m over ~3 years again)... Nyqvist and Donskoi have to walk, but they can spend futures to beef up the lineup again at the deadline. From there they might need to swap Dell for a cheaper backup or swap Dillon for a cheaper piece... but workable. Now this will completely screw 3 or 4 years from now, but their window is closing anyway.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yeah. Not saying he'd lock up a 2nd line spot and that if things went well a Jost or Kaut couldn't take that spot from him in time. But I wouldn't mind if he was our secondary addition up front; if only so that we don't have to pencil a Jost / Soda / JTC into the top 6 right off the bat and we'll end up with a +3rd liner if Donskoi is eventually bounced down by one of the kids.

If we could snag a Kadri or Hayes and one (ideally two) of: Zucker, Kapanen, Donskoi; I would be absolutely thrilled with our offseason & chances of winning the cup next year, even if we continued to be ignored by the Panarin's of the FA world.

Yeah I don’t think Donskoi is a legit 2nd liner, but I think he has to the tools to look like he belongs on a 2nd line. Plus I think his play style would fit it with us pretty well.

Reactions: avsfan09

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yeah I don’t think Donskoi is a legit 2nd liner, but I think he has to the tools to look like he belongs on a 2nd line. Plus I think his play style would fit it with us pretty well.

That's the biggest reason why I like those three wingers in particular. Each of them just screams Avs hockey...while also being more shoot-first than what we've currently got.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
That's the biggest reason why I like those three wingers in particular. Each of them just screams Avs hockey...while also being more shoot-first than what we've currently got.

Yeah plus Donskoi has some decent hands as well from what I’ve seen. But yeah I’d be all over a Donskoi signing this summer.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
LeBrun says Pavelski is on the Hawks radar and he has been linked to the Wild as well so one way or another, he could be in the central.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
BUT WHAT IF IT'S REAL THIS TIME!?!?!?!

(I mean it won't be, but what if...)

iYSiK.gif

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
The San Jose situation isn't nearly as dire as it may look... sell Braun for futures, sign Jumbo Joe to a performance bonus contract (say $2m with $2m in potential bonus), Meier to an expensive bringe (say $5m over ~3 years), Pavelski to a 4/5 year deal to keep the AAV down (gets it down to ~5 or less if a 5 year deal), Labanc to another expensive bridge (say $5m over ~3 years again)... Nyqvist and Donskoi have to walk, but they can spend futures to beef up the lineup again at the deadline. From there they might need to swap Dell for a cheaper backup or swap Dillon for a cheaper piece... but workable. Now this will completely screw 3 or 4 years from now, but their window is closing anyway.
I think you are right.

Reactions: lonelybadger

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Maybe Iggy has me easily triggered. But I don't think Pavs is the answer here regardless. Go after someone with longevity upside or serviceable until Expansion fodder.

Edit: I still wonder what it would take to get Trocheck out of Florida, if they really are trying to shake up that roster even more.

Reactions: Foxtail

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
This season would have been the final season on Vinny Lecavaliers contract with Tampa at 7.7M aav that was bought out amnesty style.

That would have killed them.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
So if Pavs re-signs, and Hayes signs in Philly (which I think is insane seeing he has what 6 days until he can talk to every team) The Avs 2C will be...Jost? Compher? Kam? Soda? ROR?

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Even on a bridge contract I can't see Meir taking five million after got Nylander got 7+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad