Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXXII|Deadline to Disappointment Impending

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Lol, gotta love Max Talbot.

A leader like him must have wanted to kill Duchene on multiple occasions. He did a nice job of tiptoeing around it but still pretty much confirming what we all know; fewer shittier teammates than Matt Duchene exist in the game today.

Fall for the smiles and dogs and country music all you want, but he’s as selfish as they come.

Y3TI

Sep 28, 2017
The only way I could see Colorado going after Turris is if they take Byram at #4, and other ideal options (Hayes or Kadri, for example) are no longer options.

I posted the other day - I do think Turris is going to bounce back, in a big way, due to the fact he was banged up the entire season. But that contract, with (5) years left, still makes him a gamble.

It depends on the cost I guess.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
It depends on the cost I guess.

I would hope it would be marginal, as they're reportedly trying to move his salary.

But this discussion is why I really hope Colorado lands a center with the 4th overall pick. Byram is great - but the organization's center depth, and the options (currently perceived to be) available outside the organization, scare me to death.

Reactions: Y3TI

Y3TI

Sep 28, 2017
I would hope it would be marginal, as they're reportedly trying to move his salary.

But this discussion is why I really hope Colorado lands a center with the 4th overall pick. Byram is great - but the organization's center depth, and the options (currently perceived to be) available outside the organization, scare me to death.

His value is so hard to predict, if he bounces back, you got a steal. If he doesn’t, he’s still getting paid $6mil for 4 more years

Reactions: shadow1

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
Lol, gotta love Max Talbot.

A leader like him must have wanted to kill Duchene on multiple occasions. He did a nice job of tiptoeing around it but still pretty much confirming what we all know; fewer ****tier teammates than Matt Duchene exist in the game today.

Fall for the smiles and dogs and country music all you want, but he’s as selfish as they come.

Psh, what does this guy know :lol: AMIRITE?!

Let's bring Dutchy back where he belongs, right everyone? right?

Reactions: 5280

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Lakes also don't have sharks in them. That's a plus.

But our mountains have them.

BQmVyPtCMAATJrx.jpg

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I am totally fine not paying Skinner 9M. To me, he’s not worth that.

What I don’t like is, what that deal means for the Avs. If I’m Rantanan, I’m asking for 11-11.5 if Jeff Skinner gets 9.

Reactions: Balthazar

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Regardless of whether, or not he’s a UFA, he’s a 50-65 point player that got 9 million. That’s all I’m saying.

He plays in the NHL. I understand it’s not a direct comparison.

Reactions: Foxtail

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Hopefully the Skinner contract is not based on signing bonuses like Mathews'.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I am totally fine not paying Skinner 9M. To me, he’s not worth that.

What I don’t like is, what that deal means for the Avs. If I’m Rantanan, I’m asking for 11-11.5 if Jeff Skinner gets 9.

Far bigger sample size for Skinner

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
He’s streakier than even a hot/cold guy like Matt Duchene and granted his one dimension is the best to have if you’re one dimensional but still...he’s also got a winners resume to rival Duchene and yeah, that’s not entirely fair but when the going gets tough, these have not been players who have shined. Skinner was a ghost the last third of the season when Buffalo started to struggle after feasting in October and November. This after a dreadful 17-18 season. He’s not reliable. I’m not saying he isn’t really, really good but I’d absolutely pass on paying him $72 million when he’s actually about to leave the prime age of goal scoring peaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad