Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXVII|Crosby+MacK = Tim's Empire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
...you honestly expect us to add THREE top 6 forwards in one summer

No, obviously not. If we keep Kerfoot I only expect Sakic to add one top six forward. I don’t think he’ll add two + keep Kerfoot. I want Kerfoot gone so space is opened up to add a second top six forward — an upgrade. If Kerfoot stays I am very much prepared for something like this.

Landeskog - MacK - Kerfoot
Jost - Hayes - Rantanen
Calvert - Soderberg - Compher
Nieto - Kamenev - whoever
whoever

Sakic likes Jost, Calvert wasn’t brought in just to be a 4th liner...I’m not expecting an ambitious offseason of two top six forward adds if they keep Kerfoot around.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Compher is low and that probably takes up your $700k of available cap space.

I would be pretty disappointed if that is the best team we can ice being a few thousand dollars short of the maximum cap amount. Completely hamstrings us moving forward and those guys you just signed aren’t going anywhere.

I don’t see the Avs trading their 1st round pick and I don’t see us acquiring 3 top 9 forwards. Why is Donskoi agreeing to a 2 year contract at that amount(less than RFA Kerfoot)?

I like you and all, but a lot of it is unrealistic.

Oh, I'm not exactly serious with that. Although I do think that's a cup caliber roster if we did put it together...even without the Ottawa pick, Kaut, Bowers, Meloche, Timmins, etc. Zucker would score 30+ next to MacK n Landy; having Hayes & Donskoi next to him, Mikko could do work from that second line; the reunited Soda line would be an advantage against most 3rd lines & our bottom 6 could be relied on to chip in even after some injuries.

Either way, I'll be disappointed in Joe if he can't find a better use for that capspace than Kerfoot.

Reactions: Hornstar

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Obviously. However, it also means that we have a 7.5 million 2nd pairing guy who does not PK and is on the 2nd PP unit which the Avs barely even use.

Some changes would need to be made or Barrie becomes mostly a 5v5, 4v4 or 3v3 player.
He's at 19:38 ES ice time in the playoffs. Zadorov has 17:55, Girard as the third defenseman has 16:55.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Absolute no to even one more year of Kerfoot. That's enough already.

We have to look at who we want in our bottom 6 and in our top 6

Bottom 6: Nieto, Wilson, Compher, Calvert, Soda, Kamenev (Bourque, Toniato, Greer). That's the best bottom 6 we'd have in over a decade.

Top 6: Mack, Landy, Rants, Jost, UFA 1, UFA 2 (Hayes at C and one of Panarin, Ferland, Skinner or Lee at W).

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Absolute no to even one more year of Kerfoot. That's enough already.

We have to look at who we want in our bottom 6 and in our top 6

Bottom 6: Nieto, Wilson, Compher, Calvert, Soda, Kamenev (Bourque, Toniato, Greer). That's the best bottom 6 we'd have in over a decade.

Top 6: Mack, Landy, Rants, Jost, UFA 1, UFA 2 (Hayes at C and one of Panarin, Ferland, Skinner or Lee at W).

If we can get better UFA's then sure, but if you go to any team's board I bet they also want those same guys in their team.

Reactions: MarkT

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If we can get better UFA's then sure, but if you go to any team's board I bet they also want those same guys in their team.
Any money we'd have to give Kerfoot we could use it to upgrade the other guys' offers. Keeping Kerfoot isn't an option. He's not signed he's a free agent, we don't have to keep him.

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
Bleedwell rolls in with a new alt and the ability to look forward in time.
LightGentleHorsefly-size_restricted.gif

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Coming back to Earth a little here...but I hope the Avs won't let Wilson walk this summer.

I don't think he'll get huge offers from other teams... we should match any of those offers to keep him here with the guys (he's a good vet with positive attitude to keep around). He's not mean but he's big enough to win board battles and get in front of the net (we don't have too many of those).

What's reasonable contract for him as a bottom 6er? He was obviously overpaid on his last contract and will have to take a substantial paycut.

Playing on the 2nd line in the playoffs + some PP time probably bump his value a little...I'm thinking 3 years at 2.5M per?
The price I am willing to pay Wilson to re-sign here goes up with every playoff game.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
How would we afford him though? Mikko is gunna make at least 9M and Barrie at least 7M.
Still a year off with Barrie and Soda, Babs and Nieto come off the books for $7.1 Million. Of course Landeskog, Makar and Girard will need new deals then too, but it should still be doable.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Surprised so many people want to bring back Wilson. He's playing fairly well right now, and has chipped in a few goals, but I feel like there's some recency bias going on. How good has he really been in the last couple years? Not that good. It's not like he's going to get better either. This is peak Wilson right now, and he's playing for a contract.

He'll just go back to being a $2-3M whipping boy next season if they resign him. I'd rather they let Greer have an actual chance at a 4th line gig, and put Wilson's money towards something more useful.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Can EJ be traded to 10 teams? Just trade him before the expansion draft. Same with Barrie. That way you protect Girard Makar Zadorov, probably have Byram in the wings, and protect 7 forwards which can cover all the EJ/Barrie return and UFA. 9296, Panarin, Barrie trade, EJ trade, Compher

Kadri (Ej return)-Panarin-Barrie return
Compher

Girard-Makar
Zadorov-
Byram-

Elite squad

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Hayes is a realistic target though. We almost signed him out of college, he's a known stoner, we could offer him a very promising spot & make a fair offer. So wanting Joe to come away from this summer with him and a 2nd tier top 6er like Donskoi / Dzingel, who would be a clear upgrade on Kerf, isn't exactly unreasonable :dunno:

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Obviously. However, it also means that we have a 7.5 million 2nd pairing guy who does not PK and is on the 2nd PP unit which the Avs barely even use.

Some changes would need to be made or Barrie becomes mostly a 5v5, 4v4 or 3v3 player.
I’m it sure why this continues to be the narrative.

Are we the only team in league history that cannot or is not allowed to ice 2 dmen on the PP?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
How would we afford him though? Mikko is gunna make at least 9M and Barrie at least 7M.

Comfortably? Not that I think it's likely but if he wanted to come, the money is there to sign him and bring back everyone we want this summer, with a couple of M left over.

Moving forward: Barrie & Girard's raises next summer should be covered by soda, longbeach & barbie expiring, and in the summer of 2021 we'd have Calvert & Cole expiring to free up ~7M + cap rises for Landy's raise & Makar's longterm deal...assuming he doesn't want a bridge deal. And somewhere in there EJ's 6M would disappear...or, at worst, shrink by 4M if we're forced to buy him out before the XD.
With his NMC and NTC you have to plan around him being around.

Why? His buyout is manageable if he won't waive & his protection isn't all that restrictive if we're talking about trading him before his value craters :dunno:

Last edited:

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
I’m it sure why this continues to be the narrative.

Are we the only team in league history that cannot or is not allowed to ice 2 dmen on the PP?
It works as long as MacKinnon changes his role, it would be a total waste to have Barrie on the 2nd PP unit

Last edited:

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
No, obviously not. If we keep Kerfoot I only expect Sakic to add one top six forward. I don’t think he’ll add two + keep Kerfoot. I want Kerfoot gone so space is opened up to add a second top six forward — an upgrade. If Kerfoot stays I am very much prepared for something like this.

Landeskog - MacK - Kerfoot
Jost - Hayes - Rantanen
Calvert - Soderberg - Compher
Nieto - Kamenev - whoever
whoever

Sakic likes Jost, Calvert wasn’t brought in just to be a 4th liner...I’m not expecting an ambitious offseason of two top six forward adds if they keep Kerfoot around.
Why are you guys so fascinated with Hayes ? :huh:

Reactions: LTC Pain
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad