Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXVI|Kerfoot or Corefoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
So since TB sucks I wonder if we can pry some players off them.

D- Mikhail Sergachev
RW- JT Miller
LW- Tyler Johnson

Reactions: Tommy G

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
No, MacKinnon being able to renegotiate his contract would be what sucks.
I used to hate the era when players could renegotiate their contract. They played really well...they wanted more money but when they had bad seasons the team couldn't renegotiate down. Absolutely not fair for the team. Glad that has gone by the way side.

Reactions: cgf

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Hayes is a decent player, but more in the Sodaberg vein than a real difference maker. He's a pretty passive player for being 6'5.

He did put up more points than usual the first half of the year, but how much is that being given a bigger role than he would have here and the increased scoring from the goalie equipment changes?

Perhaps a 40-50 point guy is worth $6M/year these days.

Pretty much. The close example would be Paul Stastny signing @ 6.5 million per last off-season.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Interesting to see what happens in Tampa this offseason. Don't really have a grasp of what BriseBois is like as a GM, but I'm guessing they'll look to the Caps and their years of failure as inspiration. So I don't expect anything that dramatic to shake loose...probably write the playoff failure off as a case of the team expending their energy in the regular season, developing some bad habits, and having a bit of a freak collapse.

But they still have to move Callahan + one other player just to re-sign Point and fill out the rest of the roster, as a sort of minimum, and definitely one other piece over the next calendar year after that with Joseph / Cirelli / Vasilevskiy / Cernak / Sergachev all hitting RFA in 2020. Miller is the first obvious candidate...do they look to move someone like Palat, perhaps, to send a message to the core? Hope Sakic has Tampa's number. Might be one of the best places to shop for secondary scoring. And Tampa, due to their cap situation, will have to look for futures in return.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Interesting to see what happens in Tampa this offseason. Don't really have a grasp of what BriseBois is like as a GM, but I'm guessing they'll look to the Caps and their years of failure as inspiration. So I don't expect anything that dramatic to shake loose...probably write the playoff failure off as a case of the team expending their energy in the regular season, developing some bad habits, and having a bit of a freak collapse.

But they still have to move Callahan + one other player just to re-sign Point and fill out the rest of the roster, as a sort of minimum, and definitely one other piece over the next calendar year after that with Joseph / Cirelli / Vasilevskiy / Cernak / Sergachev all hitting RFA in 2020. Miller is the first obvious candidate...do they look to move someone like Palat, perhaps, to send a message to the core? Hope Sakic has Tampa's number. Might be one of the best places to shop for secondary scoring. And Tampa, due to their cap situation, will have to look for futures in return.
Yup, I think Tampa and Vegas are two prime targets this offseason.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
J.T. Miller is one of the better targets out there for secondary scoring help depending on the price. There are probably a bunch of teams and fanbases who feel that way.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
J.T. Miller is one of the better targets out there for secondary scoring help depending on the price. There are probably a bunch of teams and fanbases who feel that way.

I said it a few weeks ago but I have a gut feeling that J.T. Miller will be an Av at the start of next year.

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I said it a few weeks ago but I have a gut feeling that J.T. Miller will be an Av at the start of next year.

He'd be a fine 2C while they wait for someone to develop, assuming they take a center with the 4th pick.

He didn't have a bad series against CBJ either. Two points, decent possession numbers, only on the ice for one goal against, and won 58% of his faceoffs in that sweep.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Screenshot_20190417-004634_Chrome.jpg

Kevin Hayes's ice time this series. Only averaging 11:40 of ice time.
Although he's putting up a blistering 1 shot a game.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
He'd be a fine 2C while they wait for someone to develop, assuming they take a center with the 4th pick.

He didn't have a bad series against CBJ either. Two points, decent possession numbers, only on the ice for one goal against, and won 58% of his faceoffs in that sweep.

Yup. Plus he can play every forward position and is good for ~55pts a year. Would be a great fit.

Reactions: Avs_19
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad