Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXV|Landeskog: Maanmetsä???

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
If you could capture the Drouin Mack magic, I think you could honestly elevate Jost by sandwiching him between Landeskog and Rantanen.

On a side note, now that Cale Morris is eliminated can the Avs sign him please?

Bauhaus

Mar 29, 2019
The really sad part about this is a 24 year old Zadorov, who is supposed to be entering his prime, has declined more since last season than old man injury prone EJ has. People are enamoured with the big hits and intimidation factor but he has been one of the biggest disappointments on the team.

Biggest disappointment I think is a bit of a stretch. He was sorely missed when he was out with injury. Yes he still has a lot to learn but they all struggle. Girard has been terrible lately. Graves has regressed some. Nemeth can have good games and a lot of bad. Cole started the season off on a tear and has tragically come back to reality. I see nothing in Z's game that I could call "biggest" disappointment.

Biggest disappointment hands down is Jost. But that's more a fact of being so thin at forward.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Biggest disappointment I think is a bit of a stretch. He was sorely missed when he was out with injury. Yes he still has a lot to learn but they all struggle. Girard has been terrible lately. Graves has regressed some. Nemeth can have good games and a lot of bad. Cole started the season off on a tear and has tragically come back to reality. I see nothing in Z's game that I could call "biggest" disappointment.

Biggest disappointment hands down is Jost. But that's more a fact of being so thin at forward.

I said one of the biggest disappointments. The expectation was him establishing himself as a legit top four defenseman but I think he has regressed and there are more questions than ever. Love the physical play and it has been game changing at times (hello, Leafs) but he's far too inconsistent and mistake-prone.

Bauhaus

Mar 29, 2019
I said one of the biggest disappointments. The expectation was him establishing himself as a legit top four defenseman but I think he has regressed and there are more questions than ever. Love the physical play and it has been game changing at times (hello, Leafs) but he's far too inconsistent and mistake-prone.

I will grant you the end. Especially in the OT against AZ when he had the terrible turnover which almost cost us the game.

That said, I do believe he will be good. EJ took a long time to finally get his mojo, I can see Z being the same. He has the potential to be. Obviously potential means nothing until realized.

In any case, I do believe losing him would hurt us more than what we would gain in return.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The problem though is even though you are technically right and we're talking simply about Zadorov here, but every Avs defender has been fluctuating between forms and consistencies this season. EJ looked good in stretches, but for the most has been below-average, Girard was in his sophomore slump at the start of the new year, Barrie with Cole looked dominant for the first half of the season just to fall apart the second half, and Zadorov has faced inconsistency issues as well. Honestly, Nemeth has been the only defender I can label as consistent for majority of the season and he's a #5/#6 at best.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
The problem though is even though you are technically right and we're talking simply about Zadorov here, but every Avs defender has been fluctuating between forms and consistencies this season. EJ looked good in stretches, but for the most has been below-average, Girard was in his sophomore slump at the start of the new year, Barrie with Cole looked dominant for the first half of the season just to fall apart the second half, and Zadorov has faced inconsistency issues as well. Honestly, Nemeth has been the only defender I can label as consistent for majority of the season and he's a #5/#6 at best.

Consistently BAD! Ohhhhhhhhhhh

Jk

Reactions: The Abusement Park

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Im not as enamored with Z because i cant stand his puck handling, its like dude just leave it there.
But if your gonna trade him you should at least have a 2nd plan to upgrade him or forget it.

and good luck with acquiring a mid 20's top 4 D

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
To me, the simple path to go down with Z is to line up a 4 year deal paying in the low 3s. As it creeps up it gets more and more iffy. If they end up at ~3.5m for that term, I'd be okay with that even if it would be a touch high. Z can stay a bit inconsistent for that amount and not draw too much ire. That said, Z is going to demand everybit of 4.5-5m per.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
To me, the simple path to go down with Z is to line up a 4 year deal paying in the low 3s. As it creeps up it gets more and more iffy. If they end up at ~3.5m for that term, I'd be okay with that even if it would be a touch high. Z can stay a bit inconsistent for that amount and not draw too much ire. That said, Z is going to demand everybit of 4.5-5m per.

I don't see how he could realistically demand that.

Reactions: McMetal

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018

Adam Fox lit up the NCAA with 48 points in 33 games with Harvard.

Not bad for a defenceman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad