Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXV|Landeskog: Maanmetsä???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Ceci, Chychrun, Dumolin, and Matheson... Z may not (and shouldn't) get 4.5, but he will try.
Sure, I honestly expect him to ask for 4M+, that's why I said realistically demand. Cause as much as I love him he just isn't worth that, but if he chose to go down the long contract route like 3/4 that you listed did, then that would make more sense.

If we were to get Z on a 2-3 year deal, I think it'd be around 4M. But going above 4 years I think we're looking at closer to 5.

Reactions: MacBradley

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
With Z I think 4M is the floor on a short contract that will lead him straight to UFA.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Adam Fox lit up the NCAA with 48 points in 33 games with Harvard.

Not bad for a defenceman.

Rangers know he's going to sign there this summer anyway, can't see them spending anything significant for his rights.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Unless he wants to turn pro now (for the $). It looks like Bob got some info corrected that only signing & playing w/ Carolina this year would burn the first year of his ELC. So if Fox wants to turn pro, it's going to be purely to get that $ quicker.

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
I don’t care for Drouin but I wouldn’t really be upset if we traded Zadorov for him.

He’s the level of player I would be most comfortable getting in a Z trade. I’d still rather not move Z though.

Where do we think Drouin’s value pick/pick+prospect is at? I’d be okay with moving futures for him, as underwhelming as he’s been I’d expect him to be better than most any other 3rd wheel on the Mackinnon line if we leave the big 3 split up.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Where do we think Drouin’s value pick/pick+prospect is at?

I'd say Z and a mid/late first. His value isn't as low as people would like to believe it is.

FTR I think Drouin is a good player, just not a good fit for us (or Montreal for that matter). We're already too small and soft so that's a no-no....while Montreal is also small and plays a north/south game. Bad fits.

He'd thrive on a bigger team with a coach and teammates who can handle his creativity, like in SJ for example. Or even Pittsburgh.

Last edited:
Reactions: MacBradley

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

The owner is coming out and saying they'll try to trade him. Unfortunate situation for them but they have to make the most of it now.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

The owner is coming out and saying they'll try to trade him. Unfortunate situation for them but they have to make the most of it now.

Why the f*** is Dundon saying that though? He could at least pretend he's not the GM.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Kerfoot should be sent home to VAN. A back to back 40+ point player would be a perfect addition to a young rebuilding team with plenty of Cap Space to extend him. They have excess G and RW prospects that nicely fits the AVs needs.

Kerfoot

For

DiPetro
Lind

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Let’s not play this game
Not saying I agree with his post but you can't really blame him when just last week we were seeing post just like that one about Barrie from the Barrie-lovers.

Just to be clear I'm not taking sides on Kerfoot and Barrie...just saying that what is ok to do from one side should be ok to do from the other. Fair is fair.

HartKinnon

Nov 25, 2010
I don't get the Kerfoot hate. He hasn't been good this season but still has cracked 40 points. I think his body is still adjusting to the pro hockey season length and that is bothering him. He played only 121 NCAA games in four years and also played just 16 games in his last BCHL season before the college. Now he has played 160 games of NHL hockey in just two years. If his caphit doesn't fire through the roof i would keep him with Avs.

Reactions: CB Joe

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Kerfoot is a lower end 2nd liner, which would be fine if we had higher end 2nd liners to play him with. We should be getting a little help in that department this offseason. I wouldn’t mind him sticking around to see what he could do.

But I do get people not wanting to pay him on his next deal.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Bridge deal or nothing for Kerfoot. Such a polarizing player that I'd need to see more to know what he really could be. Two years with a decent AAV would be fair.

2 yr, $3.5aav contract

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Not saying I agree with his post but you can't really blame him when just last week we were seeing post just like that one about Barrie from the Barrie-lovers.

Just to be clear I'm not taking sides on Kerfoot and Barrie...just saying that what is ok to do from one side should be ok to do from the other. Fair is fair.
What I simply meant is to keep it cool for a 6 game sample.

In playing the.game, I can simply point out Kerfoot putting up 1 point in the previous 12 before this 6 game sequence.

It serves no purpose. And it points to stat cherry picking.

Barrie has been a consistent point producer all year, amongst the top in the league among defenseman.

Apples and oranges.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
If we win the lottery and Vancouver finishes 2nd we’ll simply trade 1st OA and Kerfoot for 2nd OA, Horvat and Juolevi.

We get Kakko who some consider an equal prospect to Hughes plus we get a high end 2C. Juolevi may work himself out too.

Canucks get their brothers and add a good ol BC boy that we all hate lol.

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
Kerfoot should be sent home to VAN. A back to back 40+ point player would be a perfect addition to a young rebuilding team with plenty of Cap Space to extend him. They have excess G and RW prospects that nicely fits the AVs needs.

Kerfoot

For

DiPetro
Lind

We have no depth at forward and no secondary scoring so let's trade our 6th leading scorer, a 24 year old who has cracked 40 points in back to back years for prospects.

WTF is wrong with this place?

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Yeah I would love the Avs to end up with 1OA and Canucks 2OA only to see HFboards explode with trade offers.

I would still take Hughes over Kakko though, I think they are both special talent but Centers are harder to come by than wingers.

What about Kerfoot for Miller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad