Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXV|Landeskog: Maanmetsä???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
Yeah I would love the Avs to end up with 1OA and Canucks 2OA only to see HFboards explode with trade offers.

I would still take Hughes over Kakko though, I think they are both special talent but Centers are harder to come by than wingers.

What about Kerfoot for Miller?
Horvat and Kakko >>>>>> Hugues and????

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
+ Acquire Panarin (to play with Hughes)
+ Draft Hughes
+ Bring in Kamenev, Makar, Bowers & possibly Timmins if fit
+ Go with Grubauer + Francouz (who I wished got more of a testing period)

Centers: Mackinnon, Hughes, Jost, Bowers
Left Wing: Panarin, Landeskog, Soderberg, Calvert
Right Wing: Rantanen, Compher, Kerfoot, Kamenev
First Call Ups: Kaut
Defense: Johnson, Zadorov, Girard, Barrie, Makar, Cole & Timmins
Goalies: Grubauer, Francouz

This means one off season Free Agency Acquisition
Players let go (or to AHL): Aggozzino , Andrighetto, Borque, Brassard, Nieto, Wilson, Barberio, Graves, Nemeth, Varlamov

Potential Line-Up
Panarin - Mackinnon - Kerfoot
Landeskog - Hughes - Rantanen
Soderberg - Jost - Compher
Calvert - Bowers - Kamenev
(Kaut)

Girard - Johnson
Zadorov - Makar
Cole - Barrie
(Timmins)

Grubauer
Francouz

EDIT: Maybe swap Kerfy and Compher to whoever is excelling the most. Heck, maybe throw Jost on that top line.

Last edited:

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Good to see you @Sea Eagles , was getting worried not seeing you around.

I always turn up when we are going along beautifully my friend. Playoffs bound again :thumbu: What CAN'T this amazing and best team on the planet achieve?
I reckon we'll go through to a second round at least these playoffs

Reactions: Ivan13

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
+ Acquire Panarin (to play with Hughes)
+ Draft Hughes
+ Bring in Kamenev, Makar, Bowers & possibly Timmins if fit
+ Go with Grubauer + Francouz (who I wished got more of a testing period)

Centers: Mackinnon, Hughes, Jost, Bowers
Left Wing: Panarin, Landeskog, Soderberg, Calvert
Right Wing: Rantanen, Compher, Kerfoot, Kamenev
First Call Ups: Kaut
Defense: Johnson, Zadorov, Girard, Barrie, Makar, Cole & Timmins
Goalies: Grubauer, Francouz

This means one off season Free Agency Acquisition
Players let go (or to AHL): Aggozzino , Andrighetto, Borque, Brassard, Nieto, Wilson, Barberio, Graves, Nemeth, Varlamov

Potential Line-Up
Panarin - Mackinnon - Kerfoot
Landeskog - Hughes - Rantanen
Soderberg - Jost - Compher
Calvert - Bowers - Kamenev
(Kaut)

Girard - Johnson
Zadorov - Makar
Cole - Barrie
(Timmins)

Grubauer
Francouz

EDIT: Maybe swap Kerfy and Compher to whoever is excelling the most. Heck, maybe throw Jost on that top line.
Next years roster?
Hate to break it to you but Hughes is not 2C ready or any other C spot ready next season.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Next years roster?
Hate to break it to you but Hughes is not 2C ready or any other C spot ready next season.

Because AD says he's too diminutive? I think he's more than ready. Kid oozes class, in every aspect of the game.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I would imagine Bowers needs time in the AHL, more than he'll get this season (if he gets in at all).
For sure. Get him and Kaut outta there.

And besides, these rosters are always so prospect heavy. What happened to Nieto? Did he just die? "Players let go". Okay, why?

E: Defense with no one on depth, obvs. That always works out.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Yeah I would love the Avs to end up with 1OA and Canucks 2OA only to see HFboards explode with trade offers.

I would still take Hughes over Kakko though, I think they are both special talent but Centers are harder to come by than wingers.

What about Kerfoot for Miller?

Doubt VAN would offer anything significant to unite the brothers to swap positions. I was hesitant on Hughes, but watching clips of his game throughout the year, he should be the top choice.

Quinn. Watched the few VAN games with his older brother and confirmed my opinion on Jack. Not only the same size, but plays a very similar game. He darted across the ice, practically untouchable. His incredible skating, speed and stick handling is elite. Some consider his skills comparable to Makar which is very impressive.

Jack. Considered even better on every level of skill to his older brother. I understand size is an issue, but he'll be sheltered playing 2C and PP. Kakko size, toughness and skills are near elite and could be a considered better. I also considered the ability to raise the team. Hughes the last 2 years has elevated his line mates into 1st round prospects.

AVs with the option on the Top Pick, unless a substantial offer is made should draft Jack .

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
For sure. Get him and Kaut outta there.

And besides, these rosters are always so prospect heavy. What happened to Nieto? Did he just die?

Yep...

Landy - Mack - Rants
Nieto - Soda- Calvert
Compher - Jost -

To me you have 8/12 spots locked in. If we assume we actually get aggressive in free agency and sign one top 6 forward, that's 9/12, if our Ottawa 1st rounder is on the team next year that's 10/12... Between Kerfoot and Andrighetto I would be very surprised if at least 1 isn't brought back as well.

I think at most you see 1 spot on the roster open for a kid to take. And that fight will be between Greer, Kamenev, O'Connor, and Toninato. Not Bowers or Kaut who should be getting Top 6 ice time with the Eagles next season along with Shvy and hopefully Morrison.

Reactions: Grackle Party

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Yep...

Landy - Mack - Rants
Nieto - Soda- Calvert
Compher - Jost -

To me you have 8/12 spots locked in. If we assume we actually get aggressive in free agency and sign one top 6 forward, that's 9/12, if our Ottawa 1st rounder is on the team next year that's 10/12... Between Kerfoot and Andrighetto I would be very surprised if at least 1 isn't brought back as well.

I think at most you see 1 spot on the roster open for a kid to take. And that fight will be between Greer, Kamenev, O'Connor, and Toninato. Not Bowers or Kaut who should be getting Top 6 ice time with the Eagles next season along with Shvy and hopefully Morrison.
Kamenev should have that first prospect spot locked down. Out of the four he's the only one who clearly projects as an NHLer. Rotate call-ups from the rest.

Would you really bring either of Andrighetto or Kerfoot back though? Considering that both are clearly bad fits already for the most part.

Landy - MacK - Rants
Jost - Hughes - Compher
Nieto - Soda - Calvert
Kamenev - Toninato - Greer

Now, at minimum you have to get a couple of fourth line veterans to sub out the rookies either mostly, or rotating sometimes, but you have to have at least one veteran on the 23-man there. But I don't think either of Kerfoot or Andrighetto fit that bill. I think the question then is, do you trust that top-6, and if we get a top-6 forward, who are going down the lineup?

Jost is still a kind of a weird fit, because he's a work in progress, but keep him up there and drop Nieto down for Compher?
That does leave a bottom-6 of

Calvert - Soda - Compher
Nieto - Kamenev - Toninato

which is pretty solid. Add another tough fourth line guy in FA and we're golden there.

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
So given a certain someone's comment, I now consider Hughes a lock for #2C spot given how his predictions are going lately.
In what prediction are you referring to?
We lose the Blues game or Rantanen is out for the rest of the regular season?:sarcasm:

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
We have a draft thread for that question... the answer is Hughes though.
I'm just saying that if we draft Hughes he is not ready for the 2 C spot and people should stop putting him there for our next season's roster.
Your take on the matter? If that would help these loonies to calm down a bit.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'm just saying that if we draft Hughes he is not ready for the 2 C spot and people should stop putting him there for our next season's roster.
Your take on the matter? If that would help these loonies to calm down a bit.

Hughes will play a sheltered center role next year. Not a full on traditional #2C, but an offensive slanted 14-15 minutes ES and another couple on the PP. Year 2, he will be a full on #2C and under some coaches may find his way on to a PK unit.

Reactions: Tommy G

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
Hughes will play a sheltered center role next year. Not a full on traditional #2C, but an offensive slanted 14-15 minutes ES and another couple on the PP. Year 2, he will be a full on #2C and under some coaches may find his way on to a PK unit.
Ok. I think he should stay in the minors or play in the AHL. And also some scouts agree with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad