Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXI|Lead Up To The Rumors to Nowheresville

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Moving Nemeth would be neat. I'd prefer to keep Sven for another year and give him another shot, unless we can get a nice project like Burakovsky back in a similar deal.

I used to be Zadorovs biggest fan, but I dont' mind moving him if its for the right season.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Finding
14. Potential left-shot depth defender for Calgary: Colorado’s Patrik Nemeth. The Avalanche are trying to move Sven Andrighetto, too. Treliving is very careful when discussing his goaltending situation. He wants to bolster the confidence c of David Rittich and Mike Smith, not rattle them.

Finding a trade for either would be nice. Also Calgary is one of the very few possible landing spots for Varly. They have had extensive interest in the past.

And a nice shout out to Agozzino for number 30.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Moving Nemeth would be neat. I'd prefer to keep Sven for another year and give him another shot, unless we can get a nice project like Burakovsky back in a similar deal.

I used to be Zadorovs biggest fan, but I dont' mind moving him if its for the right season.

tenor.gif

Reactions: RobinDIF

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
If we trade Nemeth we aren’t trading Zadorov too. Joe would be an injury away from having to play Graves, Barbario, Alt and Lindholm all at the same time.

Avs trying to trade Sven probably explains why he went from the 4th line to the 1st line beside Mackinnon overnight.

kchan9

Oct 7, 2010
If we trade Nemeth we aren’t trading Zadorov too. Joe would be an injury away from having to play Graves, Barbario, Alt and Lindholm all at the same time.

Avs trying to trade Sven probably explains why he went from the 4th line to the 1st line beside Mackinnon overnight.

Maybe Makar will join us in a month :naughty:

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Meh I don't really understand the Ghetto hate. I mean I've been in favour of moving him and don't see him having a role on this team next season, but of any top 6 tweener on this team he's got the shortest end of the stick. He's never going to be a guy to drive a line but he's shown he can play with talented players and have chemistry. I don't know why it took this long to give him an extended look with the top of the lineup especially given our scoring woes.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Nemeth and Ghetto for a 3rd round pick and AHL contract to offset the two contracts would be fine by me.
The Flames are already a little shy on draft picks and they are apparently big name shopping for forwards which means they’re probably giving a 1st up in that hypothetical trade. Can’t see them also giving up a 3rd for deep depth when they don’t have a 1st or 2nd.

Apparently Frolik isn’t loving his situation there. I think he’s a guy they would move in a trade like that.

I would love a Frolik - Soderberg - Compher line.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
14. Potential left-shot depth defender for Calgary: Colorado’s Patrik Nemeth. The Avalanche are trying to move Sven Andrighetto, too. Treliving is very careful when discussing his goaltending situation. He wants to bolster the confidence c of David Rittich and Mike Smith, not rattle them.

Wow, this would be amazing for Sakic to do even if we are in a playoff battle. Nemeth has effectively been completely replaced in my mind by Graves. So why not move on from him before he's a UFA and grab an asset for doing so.

Believe it or not but I actually think Nemeth might carry a decent bit of value at the deadline to a contender. He can be a decent bottom pairing guy and kills penalties, and is cheap and on an expiring contract. Wouldn't shock me in the least if we got a 3rd or 4th rounder for him.

Sven has played his best hockey with the Avs ever over the last 2-3 games, but he has been so useless for so long before that, that I really dont care. Take whatever you can get with him and just move on.

If Sakic managed to get a 4th for Nemeth, a 5th or 6th for Sven, and we still made a push for playoffs after the deadline, that would be absolutely amazing and completely unexpected from Joe.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Meh I don't really understand the Ghetto hate. I mean I've been in favour of moving him and don't see him having a role on this team next season, but of any top 6 tweener on this team he's got the shortest end of the stick. He's never going to be a guy to drive a line but he's shown he can play with talented players and have chemistry. I don't know why it took this long to give him an extended look with the top of the lineup especially given our scoring woes.
Because of the tweener group, he is the one without at least one redeeming quality. Not young, no upside, no physicality, no defense, and really not much offense either.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Nemeth is the old school GMs dream. I wouldn’t mind frolik. Especially more so than bura

Not even just the old schools. He can skate decently well compared to the classic old school Dmen. But he's also not nearly as physical especially around the lost. Mind you there's not even a touch of offense to his game.

At just 2.5M and as a UFA in the summer, teams looking to make a serious run that are in need of some depth in the 5/6/7 department should definitely be looking at him as an option.

I think we can get a 4th for him, maaaaybe even a 3rd if there's legitimate interest.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Yes that’s exactly what I’m saying.
Oh. Well I highly doubt that happens.

Why the hell would he sign an 8x2, when he's going to have 40g and 100pts this year.

This is his big ticket. He can get 11x7 somewhere else, if Tampa can't make the numbers work.

What if he signs an 8x2 and gets injured? Or regresses? He left 50m on the table that he might not get now.

Signing a $70-80m contract is much more important than a Stanley cup. I'm not sure why people think a guy in his early 20s would leave millions on the table for a Stanley cup lol he has 15 years to get one, and he can get one while being paid 10+m a year.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Oh. Well I highly doubt that happens.

Why the hell would he sign an 8x2, when he's going to have 40g and 100pts this year.

This is his big ticket. He can get 11x7 somewhere else, if Tampa can't make the numbers work.

What if he signs an 8x2 and gets injured? Or regresses? He left 50m on the table that he might not get now.

Signing a $70-80m contract is much more important than a Stanley cup. I'm not sure why people think a guy in his early 20s would leave millions on the table for a Stanley cup lol he has 15 years to get one, and he can get one while being paid 10+m a year.

It’s pretty simple. The Lightning’s best chance of winning a cup is this season. Then they’ll have a couple more seasons after this one to truly compete. Point will get his money no matter what. He’s an elite player. But I mean I could sign 2x7 continue to put up 100 point seasons and get paid up to possibly 13mil after winning a cup. Yes getting paid is important but he will always have that option(yes yes I know freak injury could happen but not likely). You don’t get many chances at a cup.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
What about something around Manning+Kassian for Nemeth+Ghetto both at 50 percent.

Saves the Oilers 2.25 cap space this season and 4.2 next season, and gives the Avs a little bit of crazy for the 3rd/4th line.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
What about something around Manning+Kassian for Nemeth+Ghetto both at 50 percent.

Saves the Oilers 2.25 cap space this season and 4.2 next season, and gives the Avs a little bit of crazy for the 3rd/4th line.

I wouldn’t mind Kassian. We need some size in the bottom 6 and he’s been pretty good in the playoffs if I remember correctly.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
It’s pretty simple. The Lightning’s best chance of winning a cup is this season. Then they’ll have a couple more seasons after this one to truly compete. Point will get his money no matter what. He’s an elite player. But I mean I could sign 2x7 continue to put up 100 point seasons and get paid up to possibly 13mil after winning a cup. Yes getting paid is important but he will always have that option(yes yes I know freak injury could happen but not likely). You don’t get many chances at a cup.
We'll see. Tampa is going to have to make some moves to pay him. He's going to get paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad