Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXI|Lead Up To The Rumors to Nowheresville

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
If Barrie was made available for the trade deadline, and knowing he has another year on his contract, which teams would have the most interest in him?
Hmm... I know he has an extra year on his contract, which would bring his value up a decent bit, since he's not a pure rental... Knowing that, he could attract even a handful of teams at the deadline, now that's despite his defensive problems. Additionally he is getting up there in age and he's undoubtedly small and one dimensional. He does have a good amount of points again and his current contract isn't much of an overpayment but you'd have to take into account that whatever team acquires him may not be looking to re-sign him due to his upcoming raise. It's not quite a rental, but in a sense you'd want him there for a two-year playoff push since he's a depth guy in any case and not a long-term solution at all. With all of this in mind we could be looking at up to four teams interested. And with as many as four teams interested we might be able to get a first rounder out of a playoff team.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Seems like EJ and Mack are upset with the team not stepping up. Trouble in paradise?

I am putting coal in my Fire Sakic and Bednar train right now. I know it is not all on them, but the team is becoming toxic for the 2nd time in 3 seasons.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
This team has no ****ing depth, that's the biggest problem of all. I watch the Habs on a regular basis since they are always on TV here, they have a team with no ****ing star other than their goalie but they have depth and they work their ass off. They are SO MUCH more effective than us as a team it's not even funny...kind of like Vegas.

Depth with no star >>> superstars with no depth

We have a team that was built mainly from scraps that other teams no longer wanted. How the hell was that supposed to work?

We drafted like absolute **** for way too many years.

Exhibit A - Edmonton (a team that has a lot of similarities to the Avs IMO in terms of stars and no quality depth).

Reactions: Balthazar

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
I just cant get over how bad the depth is.

I mean were rumored to trade for Burakovsky who is a bad player to help our secondary scoring, and he is supposed to help because our other players are even more bad.

That is ungood.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I fully anticipate the Avs to sell low on Greer and Zadorov, get another crappy soft tweener in return, and our guys turn out great for the other team.

It’s sad I have so little faith in this team. Everytime they take a step forward they take about thirty back.

I expect the team to sell low on Greer and Z as well, likely for some AHL depth players from the Columbus organization.

Reactions: Barklez

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Remember how many of us said the Blues were a better team and would be ahead of us? I know I was laughed at for saying they’re simply deeper and better.

Anyways, we make fun of overpaid FA signings, but just look at the forward depth they acquired last summer:

O’Reilly
Perron
Bozak
Maroon

ROR obviously being the big fish, but the next three are all quality. Overpaid, yeah, but the Blues paid to get the quality depth.

We signed Matt Calvert and Sheldon Dries for forward depth.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Hmm... I know he has an extra year on his contract, which would bring his value up a decent bit, since he's not a pure rental... Knowing that, he could attract even a handful of teams at the deadline, now that's despite his defensive problems. Additionally he is getting up there in age and he's undoubtedly small and one dimensional. He does have a good amount of points again and his current contract isn't much of an overpayment but you'd have to take into account that whatever team acquires him may not be looking to re-sign him due to his upcoming raise. It's not quite a rental, but in a sense you'd want him there for a two-year playoff push since he's a depth guy in any case and not a long-term solution at all. With all of this in mind we could be looking at up to four teams interested. And with as many as four teams interested we might be able to get a first rounder out of a playoff team.

Four teams?? That is too much.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Still don't understand how can you screw up contract negotiations so much as PL and his cronies did with Radar. Absolutely perfect #2 for Nate.

There's quite a bit I've been told about the behind-the-scenes of that, but for me it'll always rest with this: EL made O'Reilly the same 2-year bridge deal that they gave Duchene. Okay, for a 2-year deal that's fine, but when O'Reilly and his camp countered that they wanted a longer term (5 year) deal EL came back with an offer that was worth less (AAV) than the 2-year bridge deal.

It was an absolutely disrespectful and, in my opinion, spiteful move from Eric f***ing Lacroix.

Then you add in the bullshit that EL did at the table....

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
There's quite a bit I've been told about the behind-the-scenes of that, but for me it'll always rest with this: EL made O'Reilly the same 2-year bridge deal that they gave Duchene. Okay, for a 2-year deal that's fine, but when O'Reilly and his camp countered that they wanted a longer term (5 year) deal EL came back with an offer that was worth less (AAV) than the 2-year bridge deal.

It was an absolutely disrespectful and, in my opinion, spiteful move from Eric ****ing Lacroix.

Then you add in the bull**** that EL did at the table....

He was his father's son after all. The number of great players those clowns ran out of town is staggering.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I hope Sakic uses Kerfoot to make a hockey trade before the deadline.

Ship out Varlamov for whatever. Call up Francouz and alternate him and Grubauer. Trade for a minor league goalie to help the Eagles out.

If Nemeth is wanted by someone, do it. Same thing with Wilson and Nieto.

Shouldn’t be that hard of a deadline, but I’m sure Joe will sleep right through it.

Reactions: Ivan13

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I hope Sakic uses Kerfoot to make a hockey trade before the deadline.

Ship out Varlamov for whatever. Call up Francouz and alternate him and Grubauer. Trade for a minor league goalie to help the Eagles out.

If Nemeth is wanted by someone, do it. Same thing with Wilson and Nieto.

Shouldn’t be that hard of a deadline, but I’m sure Joe will sleep right through it.

We hold the record for most consecutive deadline deals, I think.

Joe will make his AHL swap and call it a day, IMO.

Reactions: Avs71

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Remember how many of us said the Blues were a better team and would be ahead of us? I know I was laughed at for saying they’re simply deeper and better.

Anyways, we make fun of overpaid FA signings, but just look at the forward depth they acquired last summer:

O’Reilly
Perron
Bozak
Maroon

ROR obviously being the big fish, but the next three are all quality. Overpaid, yeah, but the Blues paid to get the quality depth.

We signed Matt Calvert and Sheldon Dries for forward depth.
This was my big issue last summer. Teams around us got better while we didn’t. We snuck into the playoffs on the last game of the season last year. How you don’t try to improve on that is beyond me. We added Grubauer which was a good trade I thought but it certainly hasn’t paid off. After that all we did was swap Comeau with Calvert.

I picked St. Louis to win the cup last summer. And I believed in it so much even when they were last place that I put a little bet down in early January that will win me like $2500 if they actually pull it off lol.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Still don't understand how can you screw up contract negotiations so much as PL and his cronies did with Radar. Absolutely perfect #2 for Nate.
Because he wanted significantly more than he was worth. He wanted way more than Duchene yet they were equal caliber players, hard to justify paying one way more than the other.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Because he wanted significantly more than he was worth. He wanted way more than Duchene yet they were equal caliber players, hard to justify paying one way more than the other.

Not exactly true.

He didn't want a bridge deal, he wanted a longer term deal. So instead of negotiating in good faith on a longer term deal (that would've taken up some of his UFA years), Eric Lacroix came back to the table with a 5-year deal that was lower than the AAV on the bridge deal. It was a giant "f*** YOU" offer.

So yeah, technically a longer term deal *should* have been more than what Duchene signed, but the contracts wouldn't have been the same, thus it wouldn't have been an apples-to-apples comparison.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I get where the whole pressing on ROR started... Duchene caved to a bridge easily and didn't care. ROR didn't and stood his ground. And that 5 year deal that ROR wanted would have also been terrible. It would have taken him right to UFA and only tied him up for an extra year. Would have saved some money and heartache, but right now ROR would be getting paid the same if not more being a young UFA center.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I picked St. Louis to win the cup last summer. And I believed in it so much even when they were last place that I put a little bet down in early January that will win me like $2500 if they actually pull it off lol.

At bwin odd were 26 on them when I checked back in early August.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I get where the whole pressing on ROR started... Duchene caved to a bridge easily and didn't care. ROR didn't and stood his ground. And that 5 year deal that ROR wanted would have also been terrible. It would have taken him right to UFA and only tied him up for an extra year. Would have saved some money and heartache, but right now ROR would be getting paid the same if not more being a young UFA center.

Not for nothing, but I think if Eric Lacroix wouldn't have pissed all over the negotiating table, that they could have turned that 5-year deal into a 6-year deal *shrug*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad