Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXI|Lead Up To The Rumors to Nowheresville

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Sure but the only way it makes sense for Stone to do this is if he was okay coming to Col anyways and he was getting a deal that he would accept in UFA. There is no reason for him to forego what is looking to be one of the most player friendly UFAs in years as a top target. Also if you're the Avs and you know he's willing to sign with you then why are you giving up assets for that?
I agree

Reactions: Meeqs

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
That was a quick exit from varly . Wish they bring up Frankie now . Vary should be done here.

Out of the 2 goalies he's been far better. While Varly has been pretty hot and cold this season Grubbi's has been constantly awful. Although tonight not really on the goalies.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
So do we trade Varly for what we can get? Or do we let him walk?

I would like to see him traded for picks / prospects (if possible).

He might be in a bad stretch, but he's got some value

By picks I mean maybe a 2nd but probably 3rd/4th

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
So do we trade Varly for what we can get? Or do we let him walk?

I would like to see him traded for picks / prospects (if possible).

He might be in a bad stretch, but he's got some value

By picks I mean maybe a 2nd but probably 3rd/4th

He has 0 value right now but I’d trade him for whatever we can get for him. Bring up Frank and see what we have in him.

hold3n

Registered Loser
Jul 15, 2011
London, ON
I just don't see how we get to the end of the trade deadline without Sakic having traded Varly. With both him and Grubauer shitting the bed this year, even if we're somehow in a playoff spot neither would magically become the playoff caliber goalie that we need to make it past the first round.

Might as well get some assets from the trade and open that Francouz mystery box.

Reactions: MacBradley

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I dont know if Sakic will make a trade unless a player asks for it or asks for a lot of money. The two biggest trades Sakic has made so far was ROR who wanted too much money, and Duchene who wanted out

Reactions: Goulet17

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
This team has no f***ing depth, that's the biggest problem of all. I watch the Habs on a regular basis since they are always on TV here, they have a team with no f***ing star other than their goalie but they have depth and they work their ass off. They are SO MUCH more effective than us as a team it's not even funny...kind of like Vegas.

Depth with no star >>> superstars with no depth

We have a team that was built mainly from scraps that other teams no longer wanted. How the hell was that supposed to work?

We drafted like absolute shit for way too many years.

Reactions: Goulet17

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
This team has no ****ing depth, that's the biggest problem of all. I watch the Habs on a regular basis since they are always on TV here, they have a team with no ****ing star other than their goalie but they have depth and they work their ass off. They are SO MUCH more effective than us as a team it's not even funny...kind of like Vegas.

Depth with no star >>> superstars with no depth

We have a team that was built mainly from scraps that other teams no longer wanted. How the hell was that supposed to work?

We drafted like absolute **** for way too many years.

They also have a coach, and I'll just leave it at that lol.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Also, people talk about drafting Hughes and Kakko like it will turn us into an instant contender..how are we supposed to pay for Mack, Rants, Kakko, Hughes, Makar, Barrie, Landy and a decent goalie? Are we going to have a cup window that will only last the newcomers ELCs?

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Hopefully Varly asks for a trade so Joe will actually move his ass. I don’t care if we get a conditional 4th round pick for him or not. Just move on & give Frank a look before we have to make any big decisions.
What if Semyon pulls the ole Jan Hejda on sleepy Joe? Tells Joe he would liek to stay and Joe says sure why not.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I have a prediction I was going to call bold, but I don't think it fits.

Varlamov is extended

Grubs is bought out

Frank walks as a UFA
We brought Francouz over just to show him what indoor plumbing looks like. Thats terrible. The guy should be playing in the NHL right now if for nothing else to see what we have in him but instead we treating him like Per Ledin.

Reactions: burgundyblue

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
We brought Francouz over just to show him what indoor plumbing looks like. Thats terrible. The guy should be playing in the NHL right now if for nothing else to see what we have in him but instead we treating him like Per Ledin.

I think they thought simply playing in Colorado instead of Texas would convince him to re-up. They forgot to tell him their AHL team was moving to Colorado.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Burakovsky keeps coming up in rumors. Weird fit 3rd liner with a negative career trajectory and a 3.25 QO. Another Florida Panthers top-6 guy.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Also, people talk about drafting Hughes and Kakko like it will turn us into an instant contender..how are we supposed to pay for Mack, Rants, Kakko, Hughes, Makar, Barrie, Landy and a decent goalie? Are we going to have a cup window that will only last the newcomers ELCs?

So what's your suggestion? Dont draft Hughes and Kakko and just forefit the picks to save us from a future problem? :laugh:

Good GMs are the ones that have elite teams built and are able to keep the elite team together even through the salary cap issues.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Trades need to be made. Barrie and Landeskog are the obvious candidates if someone needs to go, EJ could also be dealt or bought out. Very small chance we get Hughes and Kakko.

It's a very good situation to be in, as long as Sakic doesn't do something stupid like sign someone to an awful contract or lose Barrie/Landy to UFA.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002

First, we need to have this problem of having too many superstars to pay.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
I have a prediction I was going to call bold, but I don't think it fits.

Varlamov is extended

Grubs is bought out

Frank walks as a UFA

Varlamov gets traded for a 3rd or 4th rounder

Grubs stays for another season

Frank walks and tells us "f*** yourself".

So we are in desperate need of an entiere 2nd line, quality D-Man, quality Goalie. And last, but not least, players which a capable of playing on our 3rd/4th line... And not plugs every other team gives away for free!

This offseason will be Sakic´s ultimate challenge.

Last edited:
Reactions: CobraAcesS

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
If Barrie was made available for the trade deadline, and knowing he has another year on his contract, which teams would have the most interest in him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad