Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XVIII|Team Snowflake vs. Team Snowball

Which team are you on!?!?!?!?!???!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Hayden Christensen's acting in those movies is the most entertaining thing about them in the most awful way. This makes me want to watch he Patton Oswalt bit about going back in time to hit Lucas with a shovel.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Hayden Christensen's acting in those movies is the most entertaining thing about them in the most awful way. This makes me want to watch he Patton Oswalt bit about going back in time to hit Lucas with a shovel.

And that f***er got to talk to Natalie Portman.

Reactions: S3rkie

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017

Still better than the new movies.

Also to keep on topic, I prefer Ferland or Stone to Hayes. But we'd probably consider ourselves lucky if even one wants to sign here.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO

Also to keep on topic, I prefer Ferland or Stone to Hayes. But we'd probably consider ourselves lucky if even one wants to sign here.
Is none of the above an option? I wouldnt mind checking in on Stone or Hayes in FA. But trading assets for them to save this season seems like a bad choice. Like worse than Boedker and Matthias.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site

I'd prefer Hayes to Ferland, but Stone to Hayes. I mean, absolute dream scenario is to get Kakko with the Sens pick, sign Hayes and Stone. Run with a big boy line if Kakko-Hayes-Stone behind the 1st line.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Girard hasn't done it in the NHL and Barrie almost never kill penalties either, it will be a new challenge for them.
I think with some work Girard would do fine. He is really good with his stick usually and thinks the game pretty quickly. He blocks shots pretty well when he's forced to so other than moving people out from in front of the net which our PK rarely seems to do anyways, I dont really see what's holding him back from it.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Is none of the above an option? I wouldnt mind checking in on Stone or Hayes in FA. But trading assets for them to save this season seems like a bad choice. Like worse than Boedker and Matthias.

Depends on what assets. The Boedker deal was fine imo, even though he walked we didn't give up so much that it'd be a disaster. The rumors like 1st + Jost for Hayes scare me. Better if it comes with an instant extension, but even in that case we better cross our fingers that Jost is actually a bust.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Girard hasn't done it in the NHL and Barrie almost never kill penalties either, it will be a new challenge for them.
A lot of players have to grow and develop into roles. Girard is a young player that can be tasked with it. Makar also kills penalties in college.

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
Depends on what assets. The Boedker deal was fine imo, even though he walked we didn't give up so much that it'd be a disaster. The rumors like 1st + Jost for Hayes scare me. Better if it comes with an instant extension, but even in that case we better cross our fingers that Jost is actually a bust.

People are still wondering if Jost is a bust?

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I wonder what Simmonds is gonna get in the off-season. IF he'll take south of 5mil I could see the Avs being interested. Say something like 4 years 4.5mil, he's not the premiere UFA and isn't having the best season. I see him as an upgrade on Colin Wilson for a line combo of:
Simmonds-Soderberg-Compher

Reactions: Meeqs

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Some guys in UFA I'd recommend avoiding:

Ferland: Averages 29 points over his career and is looking for "Tom Wilson money". He'll make double what he should because of 'grit' which isn't something the Avs really need to be overpaying for.

Simmonds: I have always loved the guy and have been high on him for a while but he has really started to slow down over the past year or so and I don't see him aging that well. Being on a stacked PP will give him enough points to make good money but he is like a more risky version of JVR last year which I am also glad the Avs avoided.

Bob: He will be the worst UFA signing hands down on multiple levels. Whoever signs him will regret it very shortly after.

This UFA is stacked with talent that makes a lot of sense to explore, no reason for them to waste their time or take the risk on these guys

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA

I would be ok with him, but what would the realistic cost be?

He's a depth guy with a MASSIVELY inflated SH% this year. He will get a lot in return but wont be worth it. I'd say he'd be worth a 3rd as a rental and should get 3.5x3 in UFA. In actuality he'll get double that.

Reactions: Avs425
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad