Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XVII| Are We Sellers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I figured we could wait till draft, if you guys got hughes/dach then maybe guys like jost/Kerfoot are more on the table.
Id strongly consider avs 1st + Kerfoot + Kamenev. Now if you guys got Hughes, would jost be available... in the trade( I understand if hes not, a guy that's interested me for a while).

There are probably a few people here who wouldn't mind throwing in Jost because they're down on him. I'm not one of them though. I think that's selling him too soon.

Throwing in guys like Jost or Timmins would probably have to change the deal though. Ducks would have to throw in something else decent.

Just out of curiosity how high are you guys on Comtois? I'm sure you're pretty high on him, but is he close to off limits in a 2 for 2 or 3 for 3 type deal? He's exactly what this team needs IMO.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
There are probably a few people here who wouldn't mind throwing in Jost because they're down on him. I'm not one of them though. I think that's selling him too soon.

Throwing in guys like Jost or Timmins would probably have to change the deal though. Ducks would have to throw in something else decent.

Just out of curiosity how high are you guys on Comtois? I'm sure you're pretty high on him, but is he close to off limits in a 2 for 2 or 3 for 3 type deal? He's exactly what this team needs IMO.

I was about to bring him up as well. I’d assume he’s a no go, he’s looked awesome.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I won't name any names but certain people here are almost obsessed with the idea of adding Silfverberg.

Any word from local reporters on what they might ask for in return if they can't sign him and decide to trade him? For the Avs ideally I'd prefer a 2nd round pick and a prospect not named Makar, Timmins, Bowers, or Kaut but some team could possibly throw a 1st round pick the Ducks way.
I think basically your what you said is correct.

Silf is great 200 foot player good for 40-50 points, and should be had for a fair contract(also very good in the playoffs). Some teams will likely offer us a 1st(the teams comfortably up top of their division flames/sharks/bruins etc)…. little tricky for you guys because your pick will be significantly better than those picks. But I think a 2nd + Right prospect could get it done. Obviosuly makar/timmins/bower/kaut wouldn't be the ask. Thought judging by how we just gave away our leading goal scorer for crap... maybe you can have silf for crap too -.-

so done with BM and RC.

Reactions: Avs_19

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Oh yeah idk that id even consider a move for comtois yet.... he looked great when he was with the team, I thought he was Canadas best player at juniors. Im hoping he can become a landy type player for us. When you say your team needs, what do you mean? Because we have Max Jones who is pretty similar to comtois… but more under the radar due to injuries and what not.

I prob wouldn't move Terry/Comtois, as I think they both are top 6 caliber wingers( little shocked you guys havnt mentioned terry yet :P, Denver born, university of Denver, American hero at jrs and lighting it up in the ahl )

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Oh yeah idk that id even consider a move for comtois yet.... he looked great when he was with the team, I thought he was Canadas best player at juniors. Im hoping he can become a landy type player for us. When you say your team needs, what do you mean? Because we have Max Jones who is pretty similar to comtois… but more under the radar due to injuries and what not.

I prob wouldn't move Terry/Comtois, as I think they both are top 6 caliber wingers( little shocked you guys havnt mentioned terry yet :P, Denver born, university of Denver, American hero at jrs and lighting it up in the ahl )

My friend grew up playing with Terry. But he’s not a need for us right now, we need some size up front and he doesn’t bring that :laugh:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Avs could just really use a Konowalchuk type. Or a poor man's Landeskog. A gritty two way winger in a middle six role with some medium level skill. They've tried with guys like Comeau, Wilson, and Calvert, but they're not quite skilled enough.

Probably too ambitious, but would this be close if the Ducks wanted someone like Timmins back?

Avs 1st
Kerfoot
Timmins

for

Fowler
Comtois

I'm assuming the Ducks would want to see TImmins play this season and do well to consider this.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
My friend grew up playing with Terry. But he’s not a need for us right now, we need some size up front and he doesn’t bring that :laugh:
Oh ya def not his game.
We have Ritchie - comtois - jones that bring that style of game

I think ive pitched jones to you guys before, Buzzsaw type player... strong/fast/skilled plays physical with some edge... basically all the tools to be a good nhl player.... but maturity/mental/injuries have slowed him down. Has 24 in 32 right now in san diego tho. Starting to live up to his potential a bit, jones just got called up cause silf/kesler got injured last game, I feel his game will transition to the NHL nicely

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Avs could just really use a Konowalchuk type. Or a poor man's Landeskog. A gritty two way winger in a middle six role with some medium level skill. They've tried with guys like Comeau, Wilson, and Calvert, but they're not quite skilled enough.

Probably too ambitious, but would this be close if the Ducks wanted someone like Timmins back?

Avs 1st
Kerfoot
Timmins

for

Fowler
Comtois
I think if comtois was involved, it would have to be Jost, also losing despres to concussion stuff would make me sketchy on timmins. even then idk that I would put comtois up w/fowler... but it would be discussion worthy.

Reactions: Waingro

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I think basically your what you said is correct.

Silf is great 200 foot player good for 40-50 points, and should be had for a fair contract(also very good in the playoffs). Some teams will likely offer us a 1st(the teams comfortably up top of their division flames/sharks/bruins etc)…. little tricky for you guys because your pick will be significantly better than those picks. But I think a 2nd + Right prospect could get it done. Obviosuly makar/timmins/bower/kaut wouldn't be the ask. Thought judging by how we just gave away our leading goal scorer for crap... maybe you can have silf for crap too -.-

so done with BM and RC.

I said a few days ago I'd do Greer and a 2nd for Silfverberg. Greer's a power forward, just turned 22, and is having a good AHL season. He has played limited minutes on the 4th line every time he has come up so it's hard to judge him based on that but there are questions about his offensive upside at the NHL level.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think if comtois was involved, it would have to be Jost, also losing despres to concussion stuff would make me sketchy on timmins. even then idk that I would put comtois up w/fowler... but it would be discussion worthy.

Yeah I can certainly understand that. If the Avs picked up a high end center in the draft, and were pretty confident they'd land a good UFA winger from the UFA meetings, I think Jost could become expendable.

I think the Ducks would probably need to see TImmins come back this year and play well to consider him. There may be some potential there on a deal, if the Ducks want a Jost/Timmins level prospect along with a 1st for Fowler.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yeah I can certainly understand that. If the Avs picked up a high end center in the draft, and were pretty confident they'd land a good UFA winger from the UFA meetings, I think Jost could become expendable.

I think the Ducks would probably need to see TImmins come back this year and play well to consider him. There may be some potential there on a deal, if the Ducks want a Jost/Timmins level prospect along with a 1st for Fowler.
Def a draft time discussion, see where picks lands, and how timmins returns

Reactions: Waingro

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I said a few days ago I'd do Greer and a 2nd for Silfverberg. Greer's a power forward, just turned 22, and is having a good AHL season. He has played limited minutes on the 4th line every time he has come up so it's hard to judge him based on that but there are questions about his offensive upside at the NHL level.
I could get on board with greer + 2nd as a fair trade

Reactions: Avs_19

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Silf is basically like a 2nd line version of stone(for about half the $). So on the mainboards the going rate for silf, has roughly been
1st
or
2nd + prospect

The fact that you guys have Otts 1st I think makes your first somewhat expendable, not sure how your cap situation is going to look next year(obviously rantanen gunna get paid, but I imagine sakic will get a fairly decent deal done). Most duck fans would like a 1st... but I think in colorados case their 1st might be a little to far in the middle to move for silf.

There's a lot of argument on this board about that very question lol. Realistically we've got a serious cap crunch coming around 2023...assuming MacKinnon signs his next contract in Colorado...but we've got cap space out the ass in the short term.

So some of us want the team to be aggressive in the years before that eventual cap crunch (window 1), to get as many swings at winning the cup as we can before we have to cull the depth by opening our window next year...I'm in this camp and would prefer to use our 1st+ to trade for a real solution to our 2C hole like Zibanejad, if we don't get Hughes or use the OTT pick to trade for a star. Some in this camp are down for spending on rentals to help try to win a series this year & get that playoff experience that could keep us from winning next season even if we put together a cup caliber roster...but I would prefer if we didn't touch our surplus outside of trades for significant solutions to our holes who will take us through most (if not all) of Window 1. Even though if we could get silfy & extend him for just a 2nd, that could well solve one of our holes through to the Retool that is coming at the end of Window 1...if we're lucky...

The other camp wants to wait around for our picks to fill key roles & for us to (somehow) become a hot FA destination because they're not worried about MacK leaving us and are banking on trading his BFF (Barrie) away solving all future cap problems...though one of them would probably convey their points far less patronizingly while delivering our side much more smugly :laugh:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

Avs 1st
Kerfoot
Timmins

for

Fowler
Comtois

I'm assuming the Ducks would want to see TImmins play this season and do well to consider this.

That seems a little light lol. I definitely think Jost would have to replace Kerfoot. Either that or Kaut, but I wouldn't do it with Kaut.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
That seems a little light lol. I definitely think Jost would have to replace Kerfoot. Either that or Kaut, but I wouldn't do it with Kaut.

Depends how Timmins returns. He arguably had an even better showing and might have been more valuable after his WJC last year than Comtois.

If the Ducks are looking for a young Fowler replacement, they're going to have trouble finding a better one than a healthy Timmins. The healthy part is the question though, and why they'd need to evaluate it after the season.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
There's a lot of argument on this board about that very question lol. Realistically we've got a serious cap crunch coming around 2023...assuming MacKinnon signs his next contract in Colorado...but we've got cap space out the ass in the short term.

So some of us want the team to be aggressive in the years before that eventual cap crunch (window 1), to get as many swings at winning the cup as we can before we have to cull the depth by opening our window next year...I'm in this camp and would prefer to use our 1st+ to trade for a real solution to our 2C hole like Zibanejad, if we don't get Hughes or use the OTT pick to trade for a star. Some in this camp are down for spending on rentals to help try to win a series this year & get that playoff experience that could keep us from winning next season even if we put together a cup caliber roster...but I would prefer if we didn't touch our surplus outside of trades for significant solutions to our holes who will take us through most (if not all) of Window 1. Even though if we could get silfy & extend him for just a 2nd, that could well solve one of our holes through to the Retool that is coming at the end of Window 1...if we're lucky...

The other camp wants to wait around for our picks to fill key roles & for us to (somehow) become a hot FA destination because they're not worried about MacK leaving us and are banking on trading his BFF (Barrie) away solving all future cap problems...though one of them would probably convey their points far less patronizingly while delivering our side much more smugly :laugh:
Teacher to Cgf "the essay will be 10000 words"
Cgf- "I'm not sure I can limit myself that much"

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
So whats josts biggest struggle in nhl... i feel like jost and steel are similar. Steel just lost a lot of puck battles seemed lost at times .... granted the whole team looks lost right now

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Fowler - EJ
Girard - Zadorov
Cole - Makar

even better:
Fowler - Barrie
Samwise - Zads
Ian Cole - Makar
Makar

It could work for this year but beyond that I just don't see a fit. Unless we moved EJ or Cole this summer but I doubt we see either of those happening.

Almost makes one wonder whether EJ & the Ottawa pick could pry Marner out of Toronto if he & Matthews don't give them discounts. :naughty:

Reactions: hooverdam

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
So whats josts biggest struggle in nhl... i feel like jost and steel are similar. Steel just lost a lot of puck battles seemed lost at times .... granted the whole team looks lost right now

A combination of strength and acceleration. Some believe with another off-season he'll be fine since we rushed him, but others don't think he can gain the extra step needed.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I figured we could wait till draft, if you guys got hughes/dach then maybe guys like jost/Kerfoot are more on the table.
Id strongly consider avs 1st + Kerfoot + Kamenev. Now if you guys got Hughes, would jost be available... in the trade( I understand if hes not, a guy that's interested me for a while). We have Dostal/Durney/Ericksson-ek as goalie prospects that could be potentially added.... not sure if any of them really spark interest(tho dostal just had a really good world jrs for cze 1.25 gaa 957 svs)

Jost is another hot topic, although many have turned on him. I think that he just needs 1 more offseason of working on his body & stride and a highend C to play off of, for things to start clicking for him because he does a lot of clever-/good things that don't quite add up to anything significant yet, but could be very crafty with a little more power, a little more speed, a little more space & some confidence in his abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad