Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part X | Offseason Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
Id be surprised if anyone else overttakes Kamenev as our 13th fwd. I mean he would have played plenty last year if hadnt been Orpik'd

I'm under the impression everyone hopes he makes the roster or goes back to the AHL, no? would being a nacho eater be helpful for him and his development? since he has more upside than others around him, I hope they keep him playing (wherever) and let someone as Bourque or Toninato be a roster replacement.

CaleMakaw

Jul 12, 2018
We actually won the central division with McLeod - Cliche - Bordeleau as our 4th line. Mitchell was a 3rd liner with McGinn and Talbot.

Bordy and Mack were the only 2 AVS players to play all 82 games that season.

That bottom six was one of the worst this team has seen since the lockout. But the top six was one of the best we've had since 04.

Landy - Stas - Mack
Pap - Dutch - ROR

What a roller coaster ride that season was.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
We actually won the central division with McLeod - Cliche - Bordeleau as our 4th line. Mitchell was a 3rd liner with McGinn and Talbot.

Bordy and Mack were the only 2 AVS players to play all 82 games that season.

Oh but remember the D corps that carried us there?

EJ
Hejda
Barrie
Guenin
Holden
Benoit
Sarich
Wilson

Disgusting.

Reactions: Meeqs

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Oh but remember the D corps that carried us there?

EJ
Hejda
Barrie
Guenin
Holden
Benoit
Sarich
Wilson

Disgusting.

131031152844-semyon-varlamov-single-image-cut.jpg

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Poor Ryan Wilson was this board's scapegoat even though he wasn't playing much.

Wilson was a curious case. I started to watch Avs games super actively when Roy was hired so I haven't seen Wilson play too much. But my memories of Wilson are somewhat like this:

* He is injured
* Comes back from an injury
* Is not playing well, mostly because of being rusty after not playing for a while
* After a while, starts to play better again
* Plays a couple of good games, gets injured again

And then the circle would start again.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I'm under the impression everyone hopes he makes the roster or goes back to the AHL, no? would being a nacho eater be helpful for him and his development? since he has more upside than others around him, I hope they keep him playing (wherever) and let someone as Bourque or Toninato be a roster replacement.

I think he's done all he can do at the AHL level , 104 pts in 144 games, also keep in mind he'd be practicing with the big club more often so its not like he'd just be chillin
If he stinks or gets passed up by someone else i bet they try and move him or he goes back to the KHL

Reactions: McMetal and Meeqs

Anders Cain

Formerly JordoMack
Jul 7, 2018
Nova Scotia
Ryan Wilson was one of my favorite Avs, I remember he had a pretty sad back story as well. I fully believe that he would've been a top 4 D had it not been for repeated concussions, at times he even played like one, only to sadly end up on the IR soon after.

I was really enjoying him hitting everything. Sad to see him fizzle out due to injury

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I was really enjoying him hitting everything. Sad to see him fizzle out due to injury
Yup i agree.
He had such a good run of form until he was hit head first from behind by some goon in Edmonton in 2010 and never really became the same again. Especially after the leg/ankle problems which took its toll on his skating as well.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
Ryan Wilson laid the biggest hits. It’s no wonder why he was always injured. It was fun while it lasted. Just another avs defenseman to never reach his potential

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Where was it reported that Panarin wanted to play long term?

Athletic had an article stating he won't negotiate after September 13th. Aka I'm not signing here long term, and I won't talk extensions with my new team after the 13th .

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Where was it reported that Panarin wanted to play long term?

Athletic had an article stating he won't negotiate after September 13th. Aka I'm not signing here long term, and I won't talk extensions with my new team after the 13th .
I think it was Chicago, NYR and one other team.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Ryan Wilson laid the biggest hits. It’s no wonder why he was always injured. It was fun while it lasted. Just another avs defenseman to never reach his potential

Its tough so say which caused the other, or if each played into themselves but his conditioning was never really at the level it should have been and he struggled with it.

Reactions: LieutenantDangle

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I'm thinking Kamenev establishes himself as a middle six player by December.

You could give him the Jost trajectory. Start him as 4c with Wilson and Calvert and then let him earn his way up the roster from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad