Confirmed with Link: Avs Match O'Reilly Offer Sheet Part II [2 yrs 10 m, 5m AAV]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
O'Reilly wearing a blank logo less black hat in an interview after practice today. Can't say I recall a player doing that before.

Duchene probably told him he's not allowed to wear a hat with an Avs logo on it. :sarcasm:

Who knows why he chose a black hat today and honestly, who cares. He was wearing an Avs hat the other day in Detroit.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Duchene probably told him he's not allowed to wear a hat with an Avs logo on it. :sarcasm:

Who knows why he chose a black hat today and honestly, who cares. He was wearing an Avs hat the other day in Detroit.

Yes he was. I guess he lost it.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

"Take off that beret...!"

tom-cruise-taps-0610-lg-79305625.jpg

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Adrian Dater @adater
I'll have a story in tomorrow's paper of Duchene and O'Reilly talking of rumors of their friendship being on ice

Maybe (hopefully) they'll say it's all BS and Dater/Chambers shut up about it for good.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Adrian Dater @adater
I'll have a story in tomorrow's paper of Duchene and O'Reilly talking of rumors of their friendship being on ice

Maybe (hopefully) they'll say it's all BS and Dater/Chambers shut up about it for good.

Haha, the "rumors?" I think he means the stories from him and Chambers.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
O'Reilly's come back bigger and stronger this year. He looks like he's put on 20 pounds, and as a result has been more imposing on the ice.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
O'Reilly is definitely a lot bigger. He was shooting a lot tonight but it seems like his passing/playmaking has really improved as well.

3 points in 4 games and he's winning around 57% of his faceoffs.

NothingLikeAnEJ

Jimmies: Rustled
Jan 24, 2011
O'Reilly and Duchene are hopefully going to be here forever.

Both such different hockey players but so good. O'Reilly had about 10 steals tonight and Dutchy was flying. Just awesome to watch.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
O'Reilly's working his butt off you can't take that away from him. He's also showing some real nice vision and patience with the puck in the offensive zone which could hopefully speak volumns to him being able to build on last seasons point totals. For him to look this good his first few games is pretty impressive, especially after being given that contract.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Minus our awful game against Columbus, anyone notice that extra jump our team seems to have since O'Reilly returned?

I thought we played our best game of the year against Detroit. Then I thought we played our best game against Chicago Wednesday. And then I thought we played our best game tonight.

I don't think it's a coincidence that they started playing like this right after O'Reilly came back.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
O'Reilly's working his butt off you can't take that away from him. He's also showing some real nice vision and patience with the puck in the offensive zone which could hopefully speak volumns to him being able to build on last seasons point totals. For him to look this good his first few games is pretty impressive, especially after being given that contract.

Set up the game winner wit a sweet pass to Malkin. :handclap: Love me some ROR. A complete bull on the puck tonight how many shots he have? Seemed like 15 and had a bunch of steals. I love Mr. Dibiase

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Minus our awful game against Columbus, anyone notice that extra jump our team seems to have since O'Reilly returned?

I thought we played our best game of the year against Detroit. Then I thought we played our best game against Chicago Wednesday. And then I thought we played our best game tonight.

I don't think it's a coincidence that they started playing like this right after O'Reilly came back.

Now with EJ back look out Western Conference you are all on notice.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Set up the game winner wit a sweet pass to Malkin. :handclap: Love me some ROR. A complete bull on the puck tonight how many shots he have? Seemed like 15 and had a bunch of steals. I love Mr. Dibiase

Haha, Dibiase for sure. I don't think he'll ever be able to live up to that $6.5M QO but I think he could live up to $5M, even though I don't think he deserved it this early in his career. Guess we'll have to see if either side can let bygones be bygones, and not let personal matters get in the way a year or so from now. If he continues to play this way $5M long term could be a good deal for both sides if they're both rational the next go around.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
He was a beast tonight.

I almost wonder if he's put on a little too much mass but we'll see.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
i think ROR's mass is just fine. it's just NHL shape he needs to get into.
not saying he's out of shape or anything. but he just needs to get into the groove of playing in the NHL again and with his new physique.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
This is from Daters blog after tonight's game,

"I talked with Stastny, who was terrific tonight, after the game. One of the first things he said was how O’Reilly’s return has really changed the complexion of this team. The luxury of being able to roll three lines with such quality centers is something that opponents are going to have a very hard time matching."

Not to over-read anything here, but you could take some hope from this that he doesn't feel threatened by O'Reilly's return. Which could give us a little hope that he wants to be here going forward and will be willing to sign an extention.

16M down the middle isn't unmanageable... (5.5/5.5/5M)

I'd really like to see all three of them kept, especially if we can get in some sort of groove with all three in the lineup. The wingers to fill out the top 9 will come, between getting Downie back, the draft, and some options in free-agency.

Mitchell looked like he is getting a little more used to playing wing as well. He was always said to have that ability but being bounced back and fourth made him look less effective there. Which didn't seem to be the case last night.

One 5 game hot streak and we are back in the game, but but.. Is this team able to do 5 game winning streak? I doubt it. :(

This game could do a lot to breath some real confidence back into the team, they seemed to all feel that the team was playing better and things were starting to click. Tonight validated their efforts, and will help build their confidence as a team as well.

This kind of win at this point could turn a season around, we'll just have to see how they come out against SJ. Which is another team they should be seething to prove themselves against.

Last edited:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Hey guys, I don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread yet, and I didn't want to go through the other four pages, but does anyone know why O'Reilly switched to 90 this year?

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Hey guys, I don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread yet, and I didn't want to go through the other four pages, but does anyone know why O'Reilly switched to 90 this year?

He always wanted a number with #9 in it and I guess he felt he earned the right to switch to one. #37 was his training camp number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad